ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 39
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Media Center>Robert Pattinson... is Batman.
Mephistopheles Janx 11:06 PM 05-16-2019
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

Fucking hell... DC is garbage.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:52 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I could see Joaquin Phoenix's Joker existing in this Universe. It was that grounded and gritty. Although...

Spoiler!

Overall 10/10. Loved the music...borrows just enough from the Imperial March to still be awesome and not make you see Vader instead of The Batman.
I agree with most of this. That theme was awesome....but they over used it a bit imo.

Also, I hope that Phoenix can make an appearance as Joker in this universe. I thought I read somewhere that he's in Joker 2.

Rest of the casting was great. Colin Ferrell was unrecognizable and fantastic as Penguin and Zoe did a very good Catwoman.

Patterson was a different spin and unexpected Batman. I didn't expect him to pass out, though in his defense any normal person would be rocked by that bomb blast. Dano was also very good as Riddler. I'm surprised he hasn't been on more things, as he fantastic in There Will be Blood...holding his own with Daniel Day-Lewis.

Very good movie.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:03 PM 03-09-2022
Movie was good. Not great but good. It was kind of drawn out a bit, I don't mind a 3hr movie but it can't have a lot of slow spots. This movie tended to have quite a bit slow parts IMO.

Really the only character I had a problem with was Pattinson. He's a good actor. That's fine. I just don't think he was the right guy to play Batman/Wayne. Too skinny, don't like the whole Emo Bruce gimmick. I just get turned off real quick on that kind of shit. I had this feeling going into the movie so maybe I was a bit biased from the start.

The Batsuit just looked weird, namely the cowl. Said this before but it looks like something out of the movie Kickass.

The theme song played more times than a Peacock ad. Jim Gordon's only lines in the movie were "jesus christ".

Not too important, but the Batmobile was pretty half assed. A 60's Charger with a jet drive?? Cmon man...needs to be more unique to the character than that. I dont care if this is based off the year2 comic story or whatever.

6.5 to 7 out of 10 if I were to rank. I still think the Nolan trilogy and the 1st two Burton/Keaton Batman movies were better than this one.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:15 AM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Movie was good. Not great but good. It was kind of drawn out a bit, I don't mind a 3hr movie but it can't have a lot of slow spots. This movie tended to have quite a bit slow parts IMO.

Really the only character I had a problem with was Pattinson. He's a good actor. That's fine. I just don't think he was the right guy to play Batman/Wayne. Too skinny, don't like the whole Emo Bruce gimmick. I just get turned off real quick on that kind of shit. I had this feeling going into the movie so maybe I was a bit biased from the start.

The Batsuit just looked weird, namely the cowl. Said this before but it looks like something out of the movie Kickass.

The theme song played more times than a Peacock ad. Jim Gordon's only lines in the movie were "jesus christ".

Not too important, but the Batmobile was pretty half assed. A 60's Charger with a jet drive?? Cmon man...needs to be more unique to the character than that. I dont care if this is based off the year2 comic story or whatever.

6.5 to 7 out of 10 if I were to rank. I still think the Nolan trilogy and the 1st two Burton/Keaton Batman movies were better than this one.
I mainly agree with your points, except I think the movie was a bit better than 6.5 or 7. I give it an 8.5. Definitely not as good as the Nolan Batman trilogy but this seems better than any other Batman other than that.

If they plan to make many movies out of this, it's going to easy to get exhausted so to speak based on this style. I was really surprised that Selena Kyle/Catwoman character would kind of steal the show. I thought it was quite well done in that area.
[Reply]
mkp785 03:20 PM 03-10-2022
HBO is giving The Penguin character his own series....I'm down for this. He was a great spin on the villain and Colin can act when he feels like it.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the...ax-1235200087/
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:39 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
HBO is giving The Penguin character his own series....I'm down for this. He was a great spin on the villain and Colin can act when he feels like it.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the...ax-1235200087/
Will be interesting if they bring in other side villains that are maybe not big enough for the movies. Mad Hatter, Deadshot, Azrael, etc.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:14 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

I loved the new Batmobile. May be my favorite of all time, surpassing the one from the '89 Burton movie. Like I said earlier, it reminded me of an undead version of the Mad Max car. Of course, I'm extremely partial to late 60s/early 70s muscle cars, and that's obviously the look they were going for.
[Reply]
Capt_Von_Trapp 03:58 PM 03-11-2022
This is hilarious

The Batman isn’t the first movie to divide audiences. 1992’s Batman Returns was a powder keg, especially for teen critics. #thebatman pic.twitter.com/lv0o43HVId

— Found Footage Fest (@foundfootage) March 10, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 04:11 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by Capt_Von_Trapp:
This is hilarious

That kid is a bitch.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:22 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That kid is a bitch.
Yeah, they found a pussy to review it..
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:48 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That kid is a bitch.
:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:20 PM 03-12-2022
Went last night, its very good and obviously deserves all the praise its getting... Reeves clearly had his own distinct vision for that universe

While I still prefer Bale, Pattinson more than holds his own here, his angsty and tortured take definitely works

Dano was INCREDIBLE
Farrell was EXCELLENT

My only nitpick is how Batmans suit can now take multiple direct hits from machine guns and shotguns at very close range, I mean, come on now...

IMO it goes...

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
The Batman

And thats no slam to be sure, to make my top 3 is a definite compliment... I'll end up buying this for my personal collection
[Reply]
listopencil 04:13 PM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by Capt_Von_Trapp:
This is hilarious

That kid is now old enough that we could find him and beat his ass silly.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:19 PM 03-12-2022
Stylistically, it was the best Batman movie we've gotten.

I felt like the characters/plotline didn't give us much to be interested in. Felt like a rehash of a lot of Batman tropes. Performances were great.

7.5/10. It ain't Nolan.
[Reply]
Capt_Von_Trapp 05:27 PM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Stylistically, it was the best Batman movie we've gotten.

I felt like the characters/plotline didn't give us much to be interested in. Felt like a rehash of a lot of Batman tropes. Performances were great.

7.5/10. It ain't Nolan.
If anything it suffers because there’s been an over saturation of Batman the past 20-30 years. I think it’s a really great movie, but there’s only so many ways to keep doing these movies. What’s the next reboot in 5-10 years? A return to the camp 60s style?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:33 PM 03-12-2022
What stood out for me were the Batman theme they kept playing with the piano chords, the Batmobile reveal, and the hallway fight scene illuminated by machine gun fire.

Also, Zoe Kravitz. I would do some strange, strange things to her.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 39
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up