ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Thom Brennaman calls Kansas City "one of the pillowbiter capitals of the world"
Sassy Squatch 06:46 PM 08-19-2020

Longtime Cincinnati Reds announcer Thom Brennaman was caught on a hot mic saying “one of the pillowbiter capitals of the world.” He is currently announcing the second game of the Reds’ doubleheader against Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/Uwz07eRIKv

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 20, 2020

[Reply]
Frazod 11:05 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
People who whine about not being able to freely use various slurs really need to get a life.

Your desire to be an obnoxious asshole may have consequences. Sorry.

[Reply]
dlphg9 11:57 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
People who whine about not being able to freely use various slurs really need to get a life.

Your desire to be an obnoxious asshole may have consequences. Sorry.
Gotta love the scum bags on this site. Get mad about not being able to call a black guy the n word and then turn around and throw a fit that someone said Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.

It amazes me that so many of those scummy fucks are acting appalled that a guy is getting fired because he's a homophobe and yelling fag at work. I wish a gay guy would have been in there to break his jaw.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:18 AM 08-21-2020
I don't know if it's been said in this thread, but KC actually has a pretty interesting history with the LGBTQ community. It's basically rooted in Tom Pendergast (seriously, the dude should be more than a footnote in history when we talk about some of the bosses of American cities during the prohibition era).

Basically, Pendergast didn't have an affinity for the lgbtq community, but he did really enjoy the money he was making from gay bars - and looked the other way. It created a relatively thriving community in KC compared to other cities at the time, hence the Mel Brooks reference to that fact in Blazing Saddles.

I think this yee-haw just really wanted to drop the hard F here. I'd be surprised if he could articulate that history, given his refried ass apology and all.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:55 AM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Ride em' in
Ride em' out
Roll em in

Fagsticks
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:57 AM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Gotta love the scum bags on this site. Get mad about not being able to call a black guy the n word and then turn around and throw a fit that someone said Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.

It amazes me that so many of those scummy ****s are acting appalled that a guy is getting fired because he's a homophobe and yelling pillowbiter at work. I wish a gay guy would have been in there to break his jaw.

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:21 AM 08-21-2020
They fire this piece of shit yet?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:12 AM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Yet here you are still saying "retarded."
Which is probably the worst word in the entire lexicon and might actually be the only word I wont use in any context.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:51 AM 08-21-2020
Donger
Attached: d66f8e47-5aab-4d67-9cdf-4de80b0f957e.jpeg (125.1 KB) 
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:03 AM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Donger
That's funny, because porking 6 biters is a typical Tuesday night for Donger.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:09 AM 08-21-2020
I really want to hear if Pork F's are good though. The reciepe seems good
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:28 AM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
Even if he believes himself to not be homophobic and wanted to pass it off as a lame joke, why would you say that within shouting distance of ANY on-air microphone?
THIS.

I was in TV/Radio for many years. Anytime you are working, and you are around a MIC, you always, ALWAYS assume its live and NEVER EVER EVER utter a profanity during that time. Just a stupid mistake from somebody who should know better.
[Reply]
Donger 11:30 AM 08-21-2020
I wonder if it would have made any difference if he had used "homosexual" instead of faggot?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:07 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
THIS.

I was in TV/Radio for many years. Anytime you are working, and you are around a MIC, you always, ALWAYS assume its live and NEVER EVER EVER utter a profanity during that time. Just a stupid mistake from somebody who should know better.
This is kind of what I was thinking. Now I only worked in radio for a little over a year in college, but that was one of the first things I was told, was given as a rule to live by, so to speak. And also when I got my first job as a commercial pilot I received basically the same admonition, in spite of the fact that we didn't have vox in our planes. But the push-to-talk could get stuck . . . so mind your tongue.

And Thom has been in the business for decades, so how could he make such a stupid mistake?

Anyway, he got suspended. Hopefully that's the end of it.
[Reply]
sedated 04:50 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Y'know, I really learned something in that show.

In a lot of sitcoms, they make the characters evolve over time. They have a "very special episode" or characters get married or have babies or whatever. Chandler marries Monica, Raj learns to talk to women. Niles and Daphne fall in love. And I usually dislike that growth because the reason I started watching the show in the first place is because I liked the characters as they were.

But in King of Queens there is absolutely no character growth or development throughout the whole series. You could take an episode from Season 9 and teleport it into Season 2, and it wouldn't affect your viewing at all. He's just as dumb and selfish at the end as he was at the beginning, and she's just as harsh and whiny. No personal growth at all.

That's actually what I've always asked for from a sitcom, and King of Queens delivered it. But at some point around Season 8, it started leaving me a little wanting. Both main characters were pretty shallow and simple over the whole series, and I would have liked to see them make a little personal progress over time. But it never happened. And it taught me that the optimal sitcom is going to have a little evolution over time. Not much, but a little.
Seinfeld was the same and is one of the best sitcoms of all time.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:02 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Donger
Filter evasion. Reported
[Reply]
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Up