ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 711 of 791
« First < 211611661701707708709710711 712713714715721761 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:21 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
This D isn't going to be sexy - it's going to be strong and brute force 'alone' will create the pressure. I still feel they'll be low to mid twenties in ranking.
I feel like it will be a top 20 unit at worst but then I'm expecting Veach to go heavy on defense in the draft and to trade for a good player plus maybe an additional FA.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:30 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I feel like it will be a top 20 unit at worst but then I'm expecting Veach to go heavy on defense in the draft and to trade for a good player plus maybe an additional FA.
Veach went heavy on defense last year and not a single one of the picks is anywhere close to being a proven commodity going into year 2. I'm not sure Veach going heavy on defense is going to do much, because apparently you can't count on rookies.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:42 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Veach went heavy on defense last year and not a single one of the picks is anywhere close to being a proven commodity going into year 2. I'm not sure Veach going heavy on defense is going to do much, because apparently you can't count on rookies.
Don't forget this year he has a 1st round pick and actually two 2nd round picks plus an additional 2nd round pick next year.

And as for last year's picks, I'm confident Nnadi will be good this year. Speaks, Watts and O'Daniel could all be decent too.

To get this defense to be good this year, for sure Veach cannot only count on the draft but if he has a good heavy defense draft, trades for a good player and add a FA, this could be indeed a good defense.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:44 AM 04-09-2019

Multiple NFL sources have told @FanSided that the #Seahawks are open to trade offers for Frank Clark, who currently sits on the franchise tag. What the price would be? Details inside.https://t.co/NiRRtVPWIg

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) April 9, 2019

It's Verderame....so take it with a grain of salt.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:50 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
This D isn't going to be sexy - it's going to be strong and brute force 'alone' will create the pressure. I still feel they'll be low to mid twenties in ranking.
At the very least I believe you are correct. However, I think that Badger will re-energize this defense and we'll start seeing some sexy defending around Nov/Dec.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:50 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

It's Verderame....so take it with a grain of salt.

I think the DV history is an instant red flag for KC's interest barometer. JMO
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:52 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It's Verderame....so ignore it.
FYP

Gimme a blue check mark and I'd have a better off-season than Verderame just by making semi-informed guesses.

Dude hasn't gotten a thing right this year and has been generally 100% disproven within mere hours of some ridiculous declaratory statement.
[Reply]
O.city 09:55 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
FYP

Gimme a blue check mark and I'd have a better off-season than Verderame just by making semi-informed guesses.

Dude hasn't gotten a thing right this year and has been generally 100% disproven within mere hours of some ridiculous declaratory statement.
Kinda, yeah pretty much.

Which makes me wonder with guys like that, do you think he actually has some kind of source or is he just throwing shit out there?
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 AM 04-09-2019
Some of the bigger name guys are retweeting it, kinda weird.

If true and it could be done for a 2nd, i'd send them the 9ers pick and call it good.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:57 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Some of the bigger name guys are retweeting it, kinda weird.

If true and it could be done for a 2nd, i'd send them the 9ers pick and call it good.
Not a fan of paying 2 players up front huge money with a damn good DL class coming out.
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not a fan of paying 2 players up front huge money with a damn good DL class coming out.
It is a good DL class, but will we actually be in a spot to take any of said DL?
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:58 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I haven't always agreed - but I think this is where I'm at.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:08 AM 04-09-2019
Then just kill yourself you miserable cunt.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:37 AM 04-09-2019
the fuck you talking about? Nnadi was a stud, speaks played out of position. There wasnt a 1st round draft pick. You hardly get any kind of contributions from guys outside of the top 3 rounds.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:45 AM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
the **** you talking about? Nnadi was a stud, speaks played out of position. There wasnt a 1st round draft pick. You hardly get any kind of contributions from guys outside of the top 3 rounds.
Not sure I'd call Nnadi a stud, but he was decent. I'm not saying any of them suck, just that none of them outside of maybe Nnadi have proven anything yet. If you prescribe to the belief that a 4-3 move was planned a year ago then Speaks was an okay pick, otherwise it was a dumb pick to begin with. Watts could be decent but has a long track record of being unable to stay healthy. DOD is still a tweener who made a play or two last year but was still largely ineffective. Perhaps some of them may develop but currently the 2018 draft has more questions than answers.
[Reply]
Page 711 of 791
« First < 211611661701707708709710711 712713714715721761 > Last »
Up