ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL likely banning hip-drop tackle
kysirsoze 08:41 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Whenever stuff gets proposed in the name of 'player safety' it tends to get adopted. If the NFLPA wants it, the NFL is unlikely to fight hard against it because they don't want to be on the other side of a lawsuit in the future.
Was just reading more about this and I'm seeing the the NFLPA doesn't want it. Thinks it's too hard on the defending player. I think the league is gonna go ahead anyway because they don't want to have stars unavailable for the playoffs if they can help it.
[Reply]
KCJake 04:10 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
"Proposed". Where does it say "likely"?
It's happening
[Reply]
BWillie 03:23 PM 03-20-2024
Stop making football not football
[Reply]
Womble 03:24 PM 03-20-2024
Yeah let's bring in more bullshit, game changing penalties that teams won't be able to challenge when the refs decide to call them. The NFL loves a phantom penalty.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:34 PM 03-20-2024
:-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:46 PM 03-20-2024
It should be illegal to make any contact with Patrick Mahomes imo
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:58 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It should be illegal to make any contact with Patrick Mahomes imo

Well, as it's already illegal to say mean things about a QB in his vicinity, I'm sure that's coming soon enough.
[Reply]
scho63 03:46 PM 03-20-2024
Opening Day 2027

Chiefs 148 - Ravens 103
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:51 PM 03-20-2024
I know people are generally against this.

But the worst unwatchable football is when great players aren't on the field. Nobody wants to watch a playoff game with skyler Thompson. That is way less watchable than stricter penalties on tackling. We lucked out on mahomes avoiding serious injury last year but our tune would totally change if he didn't come back.

So yeah, in general I'm OK with it considering that unlike a lot of rules about hitting qbs this one seems to injure at an extremely high rate
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:59 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

But the worst unwatchable football is when great players aren't on the field. Nobody wants to watch a playoff game with skyler Thompson. That is way less watchable than stricter penalties on tackling. We lucked out on mahomes avoiding serious injury last year but our tune would totally change if he didn't come back.

So yeah, in general I'm OK with it considering that unlike a lot of rules about hitting qbs this one seems to injure at an extremely high rate
Offensive player has a choice to go down when someone is on their back. Defensive player putting all his weight on the runner is appropriate. If you are worried about getting hurt, go the **** down.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 04:52 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Offensive player has a choice to go down when someone is on their back. Defensive player putting all his weight on the runner is appropriate. If you are worried about getting g hurt, go the fuck down.
What you are describing isn't a hip drop tackle or the definition. I'm not saying they'll get it right, but putting your weight on a player from behind is still legal.
[Reply]
Valiant 08:46 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

So can't tackle high even if a offensive player drops his head. Stopped people from tackling up high from behind..can't go low from knee shots or players hurdling. Can't go in to fast.if they are not paying attention or leave your feet.

Now you can't use your weight to bring down a player.

What should a cb do to tackle someone bigger than him?

What about gang tackles? Almost all of them use weight to stop the runner.

Meanwhile, offensive players can stiff arms to the face. Something that really can't be defended and pop a defenders head back. They can chop out legs one on one.

They are going to remove the excitement from the game.

They need to balance rules..

If this passes then players should be down where wrapped up.

Make it flag.

As I have stated before. They would be safer with getting rid of helmets and pads.

Go rugby. Leather small pads and leather helmets.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:01 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Valiant:
So can't tackle high even if a offensive player drops his head. Stopped people from tackling up high from behind..can't go low from knee shots or players hurdling. Can't go in to fast.if they are not paying attention or leave your feet.

Now you can't use your weight to bring down a player.

What should a cb do to tackle someone bigger than him?

What about gang tackles? Almost all of them use weight to stop the runner.

Meanwhile, offensive players can stiff arms to the face. Something that really can't be defended and pop a defenders head back. They can chop out legs one on one.

They are going to remove the excitement from the game.

They need to balance rules..

If this passes then players should be down where wrapped up.

Make it flag.

As I have stated before. They would be safer with getting rid of helmets and pads.

Go rugby. Leather small pads and leather helmets.
There won’t be easy fixes for sure. I agree that some of the targeting rules have led to defenders figuring out how to hit stick within the rules. Penalizing one behavior can encourage other behaviors. Maybe that’s a never ending process. I’d like to hope that we can eventually get to a place where defenders are motivated to just tackle the right way. I’m more bothered by the trend of blowing up players instead of wrapping up than I am excited by it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:54 PM 03-20-2024
They need to ban the tackling of Patrick Mahomes, that's what they need to do. Fucking around with all this pissant shit. Get to the real meat and potatoes.
[Reply]
jdubya 04:30 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
They need to ban the tackling of Patrick Mahomes, that's what they need to do. ****ing around with all this pissant shit. Get to the real meat and potatoes.
They already have.................

I kid I kid

Back to topic...the refs are losing the battle already trying to interpret the already too many rules in place. Lets just keep adding subjective rules to the mix, surely the refs will get better
[Reply]
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up