ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 100
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
Kman34 09:00 AM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
The Raiders loss was a shootout in the first half. The second half was completely a time of possession strategy that they controlled both line of scrimmages and doubled our time of possession with short yardage passes setting up more short yardage third down situations eating clock and tiring our defense and keeping Mahomes and the offense out of rythym. That 8 minute touch down drive to end the 3rd and begin the 4th in their momentum was the back breaking drive.

The only games they’ve lost the last two years with Mahomes in the lineup have been ground and pound line of scrimmage strategy games. Every single one. The stats don’t lie.
We had some turnovers in that game that turned the tide for the Raiders if I remember it right...
[Reply]
Lzen 10:01 AM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
listen to Andy Reid's presser yesterday (Monday).....he talks specifically about how the game moves even faster, how each little thing gets magnified, etc. etc. Very interesting listening....

Einstein thinks his Bills are just going to strut in and pound everyone with all of that 1 game playoff experience they have.....and they very well could

But reality is that the NFL season ends in disappointment for 31 of 32 teams, and for 13 of the 14 playoff participants.....

Now, I've always clearly said that nothing is guaranteed, and that is certainly the case for our beloved Chiefs. But, I'll take a team that has been to the playoffs 6 of the past 7 years, who's current core, as of the start of the Pat Mahomes era, is 4-2 in the playoff, has been to two AFCCG, won a Super Bowl after overcoming all sorts of adversity through said playoff run, and then backed it with winning 14 out of 16 the following year, including going undefeated against all other playoff participants.

Again, doesn't guarantee anything, but that's a pretty solid resume going into the playoffs....and for those people trying to say that somehow Chiefs should be concerned should really reconsider....
4-1
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:17 AM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
4-1
you are correct sir! typo on my part....
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:22 AM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Spags did it the first time.

We’ve got really smart defensive coaches across the board, they won’t make it easy for any QB in the month to come.

Also, I’d like to see how Allen responds just when a team actually does an adequate job of limiting Diggs. He led the league in catches and yards. Allen’s eyes go there early and often. If you could really cover him up (physical with CB, safety over top), with zone coverage, what’s Allen do then?
I think the thing Spags does really well is disguise the scheme....

Certainly, teams can motion to determine man or zone looks, but Spags always seems to be playing pre-snap read games. Not saying other Defenses don't....they probably all do to a degree, but for whatever reason, they Chiefs just do it really well, particularly when they are crowding the line. Very difficult to figure out who is or isn't coming, and often times we might have 7-8 up on the line, and end up in a cover 2 look at the snap.....

Again, I don't think we're necessarily doing things other teams aren't, but they are obviously coached really well to disguise the coverages....
[Reply]
Lzen 10:25 AM 01-07-2021
2016 Kansas City Chiefs....although they did win their wildcard game
2015 Chiefs, not 2016.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:18 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If you could really cover him up (physical with CB, safety over top), with zone coverage, what’s Allen do then?
Destroys worlds and devours souls.

/thedicks
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:43 PM 01-07-2021
Its pretty simple fellas. The Kansas City Chiefs will be the favorite in every post season game they play no matter how many games it ends up being this season.

Nobody WANTS to play THEM.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:46 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its pretty simple fellas. The Kansas City Chiefs will be the favorite in every post season game they play no matter how many games it ends up being this season.

Nobody WANTS to play THEM.
Except the Bills. They have the best QB. And only the last 6 games matter.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:10 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Except the Bills. They have the best QB. And only the last 6 games matter.
Yea maybe one of those 14 win Bills teams can roll into Arrowhead and win. Oh wait what there has never been a 14 win Bills team?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:42 PM 01-07-2021
Diggs is questionable with an oblique injury, i’m sure he’ll play. But here’s to seeing Darius Leonard put some nice hits in the ribs.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:22 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
2015 Chiefs, not 2016.
correct again sir! I'm usually pretty good with the dates and such, but apparently not today lol....
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:54 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
Bills had a harder schedule.

Bills had a strength of schedule of .512

Chiefs has a strength of schedule of .465
Playing the Chiefs increased the Bills SOS significantly.

Playing the Bills did not boost the Chiefs SOS as much.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Lzen 08:21 PM 01-07-2021
correct again sir! I'm usually pretty good with the dates and such, but apparently not today lol....
Sry, I like to point out these factual errors. Not picking on you. I actually like your posting.
[Reply]
Redbled 01:00 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by 1postanddone:
This whole thread is destined to be irrelevant when the Chiefs lose to the Ravens next week.

He made an account for that?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:13 AM 01-08-2021
Why are we still talking about a team that KC doubled in yardage?
[Reply]
Page 79 of 100
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Up