ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 60
« First < 10505657585960
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:18 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
It’s been 35 years since KC had a 20 game winner. Appier would have done it 1993 if he ever had any run support. Cone was well on his way in 1994 before the strike. Seth Lugo is on pace for 23 wins. A lot has to happen to be a 20 game winner, and we’ve got a long way to go. The dude is a legit Cy Young contender right now and just goes about his business in such an understated way. He’s like the ****ing terminator out there. Can he do it?
If the season ended today, I think he’s the CY. Long way to go, as you said. I heard the other day that at this rate he should hit his career high in innings pitched for a season by the AS break. It will be interesting to see how he and the staff manage his stamina.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 08:49 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
If the season ended today, I think he’s the CY. Long way to go, as you said. I heard the other day that at this rate he should hit his career high in innings pitched for a season by the AS break. It will be interesting to see how he and the staff manage his stamina.
Yeah, he’s had a terrific career thus far, mostly as a middle innings reliever. And now he’s a full time starter at 34? I can’t come up with a comp. But he just looks so relaxed out there, and I hate to compare him to Maddux, but that’s truly what he looks like. This rotation has been sooo refreshing. We have a legit rotation for the first time in a decade, but more than that, this might be the best rotation we’ve had in about 30 years, to the point that every guy not only gives the team a chance to win, but actually excel and dominate.

Makes it sooooo much easier and enjoyable to watch when you’ve got a truly professional starting staff. I think after today’s “quality start” by Lugo, the team now has 18 or 19? And this is after 42 games. Did we have as many QS’s in all of 2023? What a remarkable turnaround.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Yeah, he’s had a terrific career thus far, mostly as a middle innings reliever. And now he’s a full time starter at 34? I can’t come up with a comp. But he just looks so relaxed out there, and I hate to compare him to Maddux, but that’s truly what he looks like. This rotation has been sooo refreshing. We have a legit rotation for the first time in a decade, but more than that, this might be the best rotation we’ve had in about 30 years, to the point that every guy not only gives the team a chance to win, but actually excel and dominate.

Makes it sooooo much easier and enjoyable to watch when you’ve got a truly professional starting staff. I think after today’s “quality start” by Lugo, the team now has 18 or 19? And this is after 42 games. Did we have as many QS’s in all of 2023? What a remarkable turnaround.
It’s scary to think that our weakest pitcher this year is probably Ragans
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:11 AM Today
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
It’s scary to think that our weakest pitcher this year is probably Ragans
Honestly, I’d blame lack of run support on days that he pitches. But that’s just me.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 07:50 AM Today

Seth Lugo strikes out a career-high 12 and lowers his AL-best ERA to 1.66 for the @Royals. pic.twitter.com/13fhXuPoMO

— MLB (@MLB) May 12, 2024

[Reply]
Coach 09:04 AM Today
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm ready to get off the West Coast. Late night games suck.
No disagreements from me.
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:22 AM Today
I'm in Omaha this week for meetings. Any bars that would show the Royals games on Tuesday & Wednesday night?
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:47 AM Today
Don’t look now but the Royals just made MLBs top 10 teams at #10.
Sorry I can’t post the link as it was just on MLB network on my teevee.

#ourtimeagainmaybe.
[Reply]
Coach 10:27 AM Today
https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-power-r...week-of-may-12

Originally Posted by :
10. Royals (previously: 10)
Season high: 6 | Season low: 24
Seth Lugo has been incredible to start this season, but one thing he hadn’t been doing was striking people out. He had only 36 strikeouts in 51 2/3 innings heading into his start against the Angels on Sunday, the actual lowest strikeout rate of his career. (It’s why his FIP was 3.78 despite a 1.74 ERA.) Lugo apparently decided he’d had enough of that narrative: He struck out a career-high 12 in eight innings of one-run mastery. If the Royals win Monday and the Guardians lose to the Rangers, Kansas City would be in first place in the AL Central for the first time this late in the season since 2016.

[Reply]
cabletech94 01:50 PM Today
thanks Coach!!
[Reply]
Page 60 of 60
« First < 10505657585960
Up