ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The overrated Browns defense
staylor26 07:29 AM 08-09-2019
I just heard Dan Patrick say that Browns defense might be better than their offense (which is absurd). A lot of people seem to think their defense is going to be great.

Where did this idea that they have a great defense come from? They had the 30th ranked D last year. They weren’t quite as bad as us, but they weren’t that much better either. Is it because of Myles Garrett? The additions of Sheldon Richardson and Olivier Vernon? Two very overrated players?

I just don’t see it. I think we made more improvements than they did on defense, but the national media just assumes our defense is going to suck again.

I already hate this fucking team and I hope we play them in the playoffs.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:10 PM 08-20-2019
Just realized he said “I also said”. That’s why it seems so off. Sounds like he’s not denying it, he’s just trying to add context that doesn’t really change anything
[Reply]
Chieftain 01:27 PM 08-20-2019
Not only is Mayfield an arrogant prick, he is an overrated arrogant prick. He is on the same tier as Sam Darnold as far as QBs are concerned.
[Reply]
FAX 02:42 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by e3263518:
Not only is Mayfield an arrogant prick, he is an overrated arrogant prick. He is on the same tier as Sam Darnold as far as QBs are concerned.
I've been hearing good things about Darnold ... not sure what to believe, of course.

Nevertheless, if the reports are accurate and not overblown, Darnold may wind up statistically outplaying Mayfield ... we'll find out.

Darnold seems like a much nicer person, though. He's not the kind of guy you smack in the face at the frat kegger. He's more like the kind of guy you distract with a shiny object so you can steal his girlfriend.

FAX
[Reply]
NWTF 07:01 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Speaking of :-)

:-) The Browns will have their hands full trying to stay ahead of the Steelers and Ravens. They arent the 1-31 Browns but they arent contenders either. Honestly I think 8-9 wins. Its always harder to wins games on the field then it is on paper.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 07:26 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by NWTF:
:-) The Browns will have their hands full trying to stay ahead of the Steelers and Ravens. They arent the 1-31 Browns but they arent contenders either. Honestly I think 8-9 wins. Its always harder to wins games on the field then it is on paper.
I think the AFCN is up in the air, I don't think the Steelers are better than the Browns and who knows about the Ravens? Cincy has a new HC but even they might end up on top of that division.
[Reply]
Bump 09:08 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by e3263518:
he may be an arrogant prick, but I find it entertaining that there is one QB out there that is willing to go off-script.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:21 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
I think the AFCN is up in the air, I don't think the Steelers are better than the Browns and who knows about the Ravens? Cincy has a new HC but even they might end up on top of that division.
The Steelers are in disarray. The Ravens are going to run a high school offense. Cinci is starting over.

I can see Cleveland going 10-6 easily.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:24 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
he may be an arrogant prick, but I find it entertaining that there is one QB out there that is willing to go off-script.

IF we'd have ended up with Mayfield instead of Mahomes this board would be loving the kid.

I ain't saying I wish that's what happened, because Mahomes is in a whole different class, but Mayfield is a distant second in the most promising young QB field.

I have zero issues with him being arrogant; he backs it up. He has a chip on his shoulder because he's been doubted at every level.
[Reply]
JakeF 08:31 AM 08-21-2019
We don't even play the Browns this year, change your tampon.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:41 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
IF we'd have ended up with Mayfield instead of Mahomes this board would be loving the kid.

I ain't saying I wish that's what happened, because Mahomes is in a whole different class, but Mayfield is a distant second in the most promising young QB field.

I have zero issues with him being arrogant; he backs it up. He has a chip on his shoulder because he's been doubted at every level.
Lol you continue to act like it’s just about him being arrogant when it’s not. You like him, I get it, but you continue to ignore what are very fair criticisms.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:44 AM 08-21-2019
And how the fuck are the Steelers in “disarray”? :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:20 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Eh...yes and no.

There are guys that we root for and LOVE rooting for. Guys who we loudly support and are proud to do it. Mahomes is clearly that guy.

And then there are guys that we root for because they're our guy. We support because "fuck the haters". It's a different kind of support more based on external pressures than anything. And by the way, the support for those guys is nowhere near as universal (thinking Larry Johnson and Marcus Peters as obvious examples).

Johnson is perfect in that there's an obvious counter-example: Priest. Chiefs fans !@#$ing adored Priest Holmes and even after Nacho-Gate and some of the weirdness surrounding his departure, the guy was just a god in this town. Meanwhile Larry Johnson was as good or better for the club and we...tolerated him. We liked him when he was good and were all just fine washing our hands of him when he wasn't.

That's the Mahomes/Mayfield distinction. If we had Mayfield, sure - we'd like him. We'd back him and we'd give the bird to those that didn't. But we wouldn't embrace him the same way we have Mahomes or Priest. We'd keep have that schadenfreude sort of fandom; the fandom that comes with liking a guy in part because others hate him and hes YOURS. The Larry Johnson type that is fleeting.

There are some commonalities there but don't act like it would be the same. It wouldn't be - not close.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:22 AM 08-21-2019
DJ you’re talking to somebody that thinks Mayfield’s only problem is “arrogance” and chooses to ignore the red flags (back and forth with Cowherd, Duke Johnson comments, Daniel Jones comments, etc.)

He’s not going to agree with the LJ/Peters comparisons.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:31 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
DJ you’re talking to somebody that thinks Mayfield’s only problem is “arrogance” and chooses to ignore the red flags (back and forth with Cowherd, Duke Johnson comments, Daniel Jones comments, etc.)

He’s not going to agree with the LJ/Peters comparisons.
The only difference between 'arrogance' and 'cockiness' (which I believe is a fair proxy for your 'red flags') is degree.

If there's any reasonable conversation to be had, there has to be an acknowledgement that wherever that line may be Mayfield is, at best, close enough to it to make which term is applicable up for debate.

I think he's unreasonably cocky. Dude acts like he's a superstar already when he very clearly isn't. Go ahead and rate his stats up to 16 starts if you want and you're still looking at a fairly inefficient passer who barely cracked the top 20 in several key stats. I mean for all the crap Trubisky takes as a passer, the guy was significantly better than Mayfield in both QBR and Passer Rating. His adjusted yards/attempt were closer to Eli Manning than they were anyone in the top 10.

He is, right now, a firmly average overall quarterback who has moments of spectacular play. Okay. That doesn't speak to his potential but it absolutely speaks to his standing to act like he's king shit now. He isn't.
[Reply]
-King- 09:37 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Is Mayfield telling the truth here?

[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up