ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The overrated Browns defense
staylor26 07:29 AM 08-09-2019
I just heard Dan Patrick say that Browns defense might be better than their offense (which is absurd). A lot of people seem to think their defense is going to be great.

Where did this idea that they have a great defense come from? They had the 30th ranked D last year. They weren’t quite as bad as us, but they weren’t that much better either. Is it because of Myles Garrett? The additions of Sheldon Richardson and Olivier Vernon? Two very overrated players?

I just don’t see it. I think we made more improvements than they did on defense, but the national media just assumes our defense is going to suck again.

I already hate this fucking team and I hope we play them in the playoffs.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:52 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This will sound bad but there are philosophies on that, that Garrett and Chubb together basically gives you 2 guys who aren't going to be able to drop out which makes you predictable and that if they both pan out you will not be able to keep both where keeping a CB and Garrett is more doable.
I think you center your cap around Mayfield, Garrett and Chubb in future years.

It’s getting harder and harder to play corner in today’s league. It seems like you have to be able to get pressure with 4 up front if you want to have a chance.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:56 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Don't talk shit on other players in the league. It's not hard.

This kid has some issues.
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yep, that's the thing. It's not hard.

Just don't talk about other dudes. Jalen Ramsey learned it the hard way last year.
The worst part is, this is exactly what he got mad at Cowherd for doing to him. The irony is, it’s Cowherd’s job, not Baker’s.
[Reply]
Best22 09:06 AM 08-20-2019
That magazine also called him the “scariest young quarterback.”

:-)

Gtfo
[Reply]
staylor26 09:10 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:
That magazine also called him the “scariest young quarterback.”

Gtfo
Yea maybe if you’re his GM or HC :-)

“What’s this guy going to say/do next?”
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:45 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Watched the Broncos highlights. It still blows my mind that Dorsey’s dumbass passed on Bradley Chubb. It angers me bc he let the Broncos get him too.

Chubb looks like one of the best pass rushers of the next generation.

Great job passing on that for a brokedick corner John
Denzel ward has been outstanding at a high skill position. Not like they got nothing out of it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:59 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
Ward and Garrett have potential to be great, that's probably about it.
They have some pretty solid talent but they still have too many holes to exploit.

Richardson's a good addition though Vernon is overrated. Ogunjobi's actually really good, not sure why that's being ignored. He'd be the 3rd best DL on this squad, IMO.

Their LB corps is thin but I REALLY like Schobert. He's an excellent coverage backer who's maybe a little exposed as a starting Mike but he's good enough in space that you make due against the run. Avery is an interesting developmental Sam; similar to what we're hoping Attaochu will be as a decent pass rusher who doesn't embarass himself in space. Kirskey is a JAG but not awful. I'd imagine they're hoping Mack Wilson and/or Sione Takitaki develop quickly.

I'm pretty sure their safeties suck. I don't know who they'll be in the end, probably Randall and a young guy (because Burnett is washed), but they're unlikely to be worth a damn. They're trying to make Eric Murray a thing, if that tells you what kind of shape their S corps is in. Denzel Ward is awesome and I can't believe people are still talking shit on that pick. Greedy Williams will eventually take over at CB2 and TJ Carrie is...tolerable in this slot.

The safeties will hurt them all year and Vernon probably won't be as good as they hope so the rush may be a little underwhelming at times (though they should generate solid interior pressure). The OLBs are going to be a struggle for them, especially with bad safety play and a mediocre nickle. Schobert will have to stay healthy to keep their middle from getting abused in the short passing game.

They are likely to be one of those examples that I've been cautioning against - I just don't think you can build a stars/scrubs defense anymore. The Chiefs tried it last year and it failed miserably. You have to be sound EVERYWHERE and with a couple of fringy OLBS and horrific safeties, they're gonna get picked apart by savvy play-callers.

They'd have been better served trying to move Zielter for picks/space and using the Vernon money to firm up the safety or OLB spots.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:40 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The worst part is, this is exactly what he got mad at Cowherd for doing to him. The irony is, it’s Cowherd’s job, not Baker’s.
Speaking of :-)

“Patrick Mahomes’ NFL record, he’s a winner... 6-7 is Baker Mayfield’s record, he is some winner.”@ColinCowherd wants to see the Browns QB prove it on the field following Daniel Jones comments pic.twitter.com/jJlA5dc5yf

— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) August 20, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 12:42 PM 08-20-2019
Speaking of :-)

Hopefully Baker takes the bait :-)
[Reply]
FAX 12:53 PM 08-20-2019
At first, I thought that Mayfield was basically playing the "heel" role ... WWE style. I saw him as kind of the anti-Mahomes. I've changed my mind, though.

First of all, I feel it's important to mention that confidence in yourself is a good thing. If you don't have it, you should find a way to acquire some.

However, I'm convinced that 99% of all professional football players (both past and present) are highly "confident" in their abilities and skills. There are also "leaders" throughout the NFL. In that line of work, those are not unique qualities. In fact, if you don't possess those traits, you probably won't last long ... or get there in the first place.

So, declaring yourself to be some kind of Super Leader with Ultra Confidence sounds ... petty and a little naive. The Chute Pickle Fans will eat all that up because they've been a laughing stock for a long time. Nevertheless, I have concluded that Mayfield may just be one of those asshole pricks you are obliged to smack in the face at the frat kegger.

FAX
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 12:58 PM 08-20-2019
The NFL so wants the Browns to be the feel good story of the year and I'm already sick of hearing about them. Baker Mayfield alone is getting way too much media attention and the reality is, there's a lot of egos on that team with a HC who could be way in over his head.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:59 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
The NFL so wants the Browns to be the feel good story of the year and I'm already sick of hearing about them. Baker Mayfield alone is getting way too much media attention and the reality is, there's a lot of egos on that team with a HC who could be way in over his head.
Finally something we can agree on.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:00 PM 08-20-2019
Is Mayfield telling the truth here?

.@bakermayfield took to Instagram moments ago to explain his interview taking shots at #Giants rookie Daniel Jones. pic.twitter.com/kOrvD0ZBcm

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) August 20, 2019

[Reply]
Best22 01:02 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
At first, I thought that Mayfield was basically playing the "heel" role ... WWE style. I saw him as kind of the anti-Mahomes. I've changed my mind, though.

First of all, I feel it's important to mention that confidence in yourself is a good thing. If you don't have it, you should find a way to acquire some.

However, I'm convinced that 99% of all professional football players (both past and present) are highly "confident" in their abilities and skills. There are also "leaders" throughout the NFL. In that line of work, those are not unique qualities. In fact, if you don't possess those traits, you probably won't last long ... or get there in the first place.

So, declaring yourself to be some kind of Super Leader with Ultra Confidence sounds ... petty and a little naive. The Chute Pickle Fans will eat all that up because they've been a laughing stock for a long time. Nevertheless, I have concluded that Mayfield may just be one of those asshole pricks you are obliged to smack in the face at the frat kegger.

FAX
It’s just talk. Barking about about stuff doesn’t make you actually about it

He’s done nothing. Derek Anderson and Brandon Hoyer had similar success
[Reply]
staylor26 01:04 PM 08-20-2019
Is Mayfield telling the truth here?

Nah. That original quote reads like it’s straight from Mayfield’s mouth. He crossed a line, he knows it, and now he’s backtracking. His version sounds way too different.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:05 PM 08-20-2019
To be fair, nobody could believe the Giants took Daniel Jones where they did. He might be a dick, but he wasn't lying.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up