ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 57
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
loochy 08:00 AM 03-13-2017
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Your place looks really nice Lewdog.

Last fall I decided it was time to give covering the lateral lines another shot. I brought in another dump truck load of dirt and of course they had to dump it about a hundred yards from where I needed it. It took several days of shoveling and hauling but I finally got it all spread out and reseeded in mid October.
Hey man, it looks like someone broke down in your front yard. You should go help them out.
[Reply]
dmahurin 08:34 AM 03-13-2017
Thanks for killing my 2014 gardening thread. My best contribution to this place, gone.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:24 AM 03-13-2017
Originally Posted by loochy:
Hey man, it looks like someone broke down in your front yard. You should go help them out.
My neighbors talked me into displaying "Patina" as yard art. I bought the old 50 in 1984 and got it running and driving then parked it.
[Reply]
loochy 09:30 AM 03-13-2017
My neighbors talked me into displaying "Patina" as yard art. I bought the old 50 in 1984 and got it running and driving then parked it.
You went to all the trouble to get it running just so you could park it? Sigh.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:48 AM 03-13-2017
You went to all the trouble to get it running just so you could park it? Sigh.
The story is a little more complicated than that. I bought it in 1984 because it was my birth year. It drove like crap, king pin bushings were worn out. Had plenty of other iron to drive.
I plan on finding the right Dakota (sb, single cab, v8) and putting the body on that when I get around to it.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:42 PM 03-13-2017
Tires filled with concrete, or is it on jacks?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:46 PM 03-13-2017
The story is a little more complicated than that. I bought it in 1984 because it was my birth year. It drove like crap, king pin bushings were worn out. Had plenty of other iron to drive.
I plan on finding the right Dakota (sb, single cab, v8) and putting the body on that when I get around to it.
I think it's awesome, and I hope you take a scho63-style sabbatical and make it perfect.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:58 PM 03-13-2017
Actually that's bad assed. I've got a buddy that's got a couple old t's sitting around his place as art, in flower gardens, in his fucking coy pond.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:00 PM 03-13-2017
I'll keep my eyes open, what years?

That's a cool deal.
[Reply]
HemiEd 11:50 AM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Tires filled with concrete, or is it on jacks?
They are full of air actually. It was funny, when I decided to move it all the tires actually held air long enough to get it rolled up on my car trailer. A couple of the wheels had actually rusted through but they had tubes in them. Then, last fall on craigslist I found a guy selling tires/wheels off an old 51 DeSoto down in Arkansas, so that is what it is sitting on.

Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I think it's awesome, and I hope you take a scho63-style sabbatical and make it perfect.
:-)
[Reply]
HemiEd 11:52 AM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I'll keep my eyes open, what years?

That's a cool deal.
All Dakotas will work if they are single cab short bed Jason. I have found a couple in my price range on Craigslist but have been too late.

Sorry for getting your gardening thread hijacked Lewdog, not intentional.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:20 PM 03-14-2017
All Dakotas will work if they are single cab short bed Jason. I have found a couple in my price range on Craigslist but have been too late.

Sorry for getting your gardening thread hijacked Lewdog, not intentional.
Range?
[Reply]
BWillie 01:54 PM 03-14-2017
Best way to kill weeds other than roundup, pulling them manually. ?
[Reply]
loochy 02:14 PM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
What kind of weeds? There are plenty of selective herbicides out there.

2,4-D took care of all of my broadleafs (dandelions, thistle, spurge, and henbit) this spring. I still have some Poa Annua and some Annual Rye since the 2,4-D doesn't kill grasses, but I'll just have to wait for the heat to kill them. I missed the window in which I can use roundup because the Bermuda is already greening.

To long term solve the weed problem, you need to spray and keep the weeds from coming to seed and keep a pre-emergent down year around for a few years.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:35 PM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
What kind of weeds you rocking and what kind of residual do you want? Are you planning on reseeding or anything?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 57
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Up