ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 57
1 23451151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
lewdog 11:12 AM 03-11-2017
Stuff is going into full bloom here. Took me about 3 years to get the yard like I want it. Felt like I was constantly doing something every few months between adding drip lines and planting new plants. I think this year I won't have to do much besides growing a few new flowers in some pots. The rest of the yard is pretty full now.

First attempt at growing roses. First one opened today. Mr Lincoln variety.

This grapevine started over in my side garden. I didn't realize how fast they would grow and it quickly outgrew the space in a year. So when it went dormant this winter, I decided to attempt to dig it up and move it. God damn that was back breaking work (I literally hurt my back). The roots spread out close to 6 feet and all directions, diving deep down in the ground. I did my best to get most of it but had to cut some of the roots as well and wasn't sure it'd make it when I replanted. This would have been ok too as it only cost me about $11 as a bareroot. Finally this week buds started to form and open. She's still alive!

After not getting the watering right last spring/summer and almost killing it, the Lime trees looks fresh for a great year. March is citrus bloom season and just riding my bike down the street or driving with my windows down, fills your sense of smell with citrus blooms. It's pretty incredible.

[Reply]
loochy 11:16 AM 03-11-2017
Q
[Reply]
lewdog 11:27 AM 03-11-2017
Originally Posted by loochy:
Q
Very possible but I couldn't find it.

Link?
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:27 AM 03-11-2017
man i wish i could grow a lime tree/bush. nice!
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:51 AM 03-11-2017
mods can we merge this with Trump's wall thread?
[Reply]
loochy 11:57 AM 03-11-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Very possible but I couldn't find it.

Link?
I even used the three asterisk format and everything
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293067
[Reply]
lewdog 11:58 AM 03-11-2017
I even used the three asterisk format and everything
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293067
Hasn't been posted in during past year. Weak shit.

But Mods, you can merge this thread with that. I won't even get pissed about it.
[Reply]
loochy 12:01 PM 03-11-2017
Hasn't been posted in during past year. Weak shit.

But Mods, you can merge this thread with that. I won't even get pissed about it.
I don't care either. I just like to be the boy who cried "Q".
[Reply]
Bwana 12:02 PM 03-11-2017
Stuff is going into full bloom here. Took me about 3 years to get the yard like I want it. Felt like I was constantly doing something every few months between adding drip lines and planting new plants. I think this year I won't have to do much besides growing a few new flowers in some pots. The rest of the yard is pretty full now.

First attempt at growing roses. First one opened today. Mr Lincoln variety.

This grapevine started over in my side garden. I didn't realize how fast they would grow and it quickly outgrew the space in a year. So when it went dormant this winter, I decided to attempt to dig it up and move it. God damn that was back breaking work (I literally hurt my back). The roots spread out close to 6 feet and all directions, diving deep down in the ground. I did my best to get most of it but had to cut some of the roots as well and wasn't sure it'd make it when I replanted. This would have been ok too as it only cost me about $11 as a bareroot. Finally this week buds started to form and open. She's still alive!

After not getting the watering right last spring/summer and almost killing it, the Lime trees looks fresh for a great year. March is citrus bloom season and just riding my bike down the street or driving with my windows down, fills your sense of smell with citrus blooms. It's pretty incredible.

Man that looks good about now. I'll have to wait about two months to see something like that. :-) I drove from Kalispell to Billings last week and from the Bozeman pass to about Reed Point. it was about the worst roads I have ever seen. I counted 30 plus cars and trucks in the ditch on that stretch. Spring can't get here fast enough.
[Reply]
loochy 12:07 PM 03-11-2017
I did my inital springtime bermuda scalp yesterday, complete with bagging the clippings. It took 8 hours.

Hopefully today or tomorrow I can get the pre emergent spread.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:12 PM 03-12-2017
I did my inital springtime bermuda scalp yesterday, complete with bagging the clippings. It took 8 hours.

Hopefully today or tomorrow I can get the pre emergent spread.
That's a hell of a lot of work. Big yard?
[Reply]
loochy 04:57 AM 03-13-2017
That's a hell of a lot of work. Big yard?
1 acre. I only did the clippings on the front half. I used a particular cultivar in the back that stays really short, so there was no need to do the clippings there.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:19 AM 03-13-2017
I just got around to aerating last weekend, the things are way out of whack. Got some seed and hay down in my most troublesome areas (damn nutsedge!!!); let's hope it does the trick.

So between the little Doogie doos (aeratikn), and hay, the lawn looks like crap right now.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk (so spelling be damned!!!)
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:39 AM 03-13-2017
Your place looks really nice Lewdog.

Last fall I decided it was time to give covering the lateral lines another shot. I brought in another dump truck load of dirt and of course they had to dump it about a hundred yards from where I needed it. It took several days of shoveling and hauling but I finally got it all spread out and reseeded in mid October.

[Reply]
Page 1 of 57
1 23451151 > Last »
Up