ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 459
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:43 PM 02-09-2009
My brother-in-law had a set of MP-30s. A little bit more of a player's club than the one above, but it's pretty hard to go wrong with Mizuno irons even though I'm a Ping guy.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:44 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by kstater:
I was due for an upgrade. Was still using my Si3 up til now.
Yeah...no offense, but that driver fucking sucked. I had one for about 3 days back in 04.
[Reply]
smittysbar 07:58 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by kstater:
I was due for an upgrade. Was still using my Si3 up til now.
Holy Shit you ain't a lying!

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
My brother-in-law had a set of MP-30s. A little bit more of a player's club than the one above, but it's pretty hard to go wrong with Mizuno irons even though I'm a Ping guy.
Yeah I have had several blades, I really can't see myself going back to blades, these new clubs are just so easy to hit, and mishits still get up there, and I can still work the ball. Hell even the pros have started to go away from blades. Though I just about got the MP-60's.

God I am ready for the season to start.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:05 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by smittysbar:
Holy Shit you ain't a lying!

Yeah I have had several blades, I really can't see myself going back to blades, these new clubs are just so easy to hit, and mishits still get up there, and I can still work the ball. Hell even the pros have started to go away from blades. Though I just about got the MP-60's.

God I am ready for the season to start.
30's are cavities. You're thinking of the 33's.
[Reply]
smittysbar 08:16 PM 02-09-2009
30's are cavities. You're thinking of the 33's.
Yeah my bad, I remember when me and my buddies would hit nothing but blades, our egos wouldn't allow us to try anything else, how stupid were we :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:48 AM 02-10-2009
Don't ever, ever think that you are going to beat this game, it will humble your ass quickly.
Oh, I'm the last person to say I'm going to beat the game. When I'm talking about turning the corner, I just mean getting over the damn hump I've been struggling with for the past 3 years.

At my previous course, I was a member there for 4-5 years. Each year I progressively got better....started out shooting 110+ (1st year I really played golf consistently) and worked my way down to consistently shooting low to mid 80's.

Last year, I moved to a new private course. It's not as forgiving and I was back shooting high 40's/low 50's on 9. I had to learn to play a course that was tighter and tougher.

Through it all, the one thing I've struggled with is distance on my short game, 50-150 yards in. I can typically put it on, but I never felt like I had much control over the distance. I'm setting myself a goal that this year, I'm going to learn to control my distance. I figure if I'm able to control my distance better, I'll shave 5-10 strokes a round just on shorter putts.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:20 PM 02-18-2009
Finally decided to bite the bullet and get properly fitted for irons and a driver.

Sure enough, I've been playing Ping I3 OS black dots, and was fitted into green dots - 2.25* upright. No fucking wonder I keep leaking the ball right...

Hit a TON of drivers on the launch monitor, and without question the best for my swing?

The used $50 Ping G2 with a Aldila NV-S shaft. Saved me a few bucks.

Going to take a few days to sleep on it, but I think I'm going to order a new set of Ping G5 irons with the CS Lite stiff shafts and Cushin inserts. They just feel like a huge upgrade to my I3's, or I'd just have what I have bent to specs.

I can't wait to get out and play.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:37 PM 02-18-2009
I've been wanting new clubs....but my wife says "No. You just bought those 3 years ago" /whiny voice.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:55 PM 02-18-2009
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I've been wanting new clubs....but my wife says "No. You just bought those 3 years ago" /whiny voice.
I can't remember the last time I actually paid out of pocket for an upgrade.

I've always found someone on Ebay or Craigslist to give me way more than the club is worth, and I always re-invest in used.

In this case, I sold my old Titleist driver for $80, and bought the G2 for $50.

I have a sale pending on my I3's for $250.

I'm getting the G5's for $380.

So, technically, I'm out $100. But it would have cost me $100 to regrip my I3's and have them bent to 2.5*, so I can justify it. Still no more out of pocket than what I would have spent to prepare for the season.

Ebay is your friend, if you know what you're looking for.
[Reply]
smittysbar 10:16 AM 02-19-2009
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
I can't remember the last time I actually paid out of pocket for an upgrade.

I've always found someone on Ebay or Craigslist to give me way more than the club is worth, and I always re-invest in used.

In this case, I sold my old Titleist driver for $80, and bought the G2 for $50.

I have a sale pending on my I3's for $250.

I'm getting the G5's for $380.

So, technically, I'm out $100. But it would have cost me $100 to regrip my I3's and have them bent to 2.5*, so I can justify it. Still no more out of pocket than what I would have spent to prepare for the season.

Ebay is your friend, if you know what you're looking for.
Sounds like you got hooked up. Best thing is, you got fitted and upgraded for next to nothing. I am 2* upright, it amazes me that people spend the amount of money that they do, but never get fitted. It defiantly can make a HUGE improvement in your game.

Regriping, if you ever decide to do it, is a breeze. I can walk you through it, if you ever decide to do something. I am always regriping something it seems.

Update on the MX-19 Irons: Would be a great game improvement iron, to big of a head and cavity for my liking, but I hit them and they feel great. Guess I will play them for a bit and see, I already have them sold if I decide to go another direction.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:31 PM 02-19-2009
Where is a good place to get fitted?
[Reply]
smittysbar 12:44 PM 02-19-2009
Most good pro shops can fit you.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:47 PM 02-19-2009
Originally Posted by smittysbar:
Most good pro shops can fit you.
DO NOT go to a place like Golf Galaxy. Not only do they charge you, they don't know WTF they are doing.

If you have a brand of clubs in mind, check their website for authorized fitters in your area.
[Reply]
smittysbar 01:14 PM 02-19-2009
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
DO NOT go to a place like Golf Galaxy. Not only do they charge you, they don't know WTF they are doing.

If you have a brand of clubs in mind, check their website for authorized fitters in your area.
I agree.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:33 PM 02-21-2009
Mickelson was absolutely on fire today.

Shot a 62 to take the tournament by the throat.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 459
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Up