ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 197 of 332
« First < 97147187193194195196197 198199200201207247297 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:03 PM 01-27-2019
Rollins has been the guy ever since Reigns announced his Leukemia. Just like Mysterio after Guerrero passed away.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:16 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
Who's the better option?
Andrade....Ali...Black...anyone NEW, make someone a star tonight.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:16 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Meh. It's the Royal Rumble. If it's not predictable, your storytelling really sucks, barring a surprise return from injury.
What are you talking about? :-)

The Rumble is the best PPV to do swerves in. Having predictably is ok, but it has to be executed well. They missed the mark mostly tonight.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:21 PM 01-27-2019
Jax taking a superkick, 619 and an RKO made my night
[Reply]
Jerm 11:36 PM 01-27-2019
I think I'm the only human on the planet that could care less about Becky and she does nothing for me....now I have to endure 4 months of her and dippy Ronda...yay.

I thought having her tap clean to Asuka in the middle and then come in 29 at the Rumble somehow and win was cringeworthy...I know everyone else loved it though.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:39 PM 01-27-2019
Becky's gimmick is nothing special. Comes down to more of she shoehorned her way into a scene they didn't want her to be in.

She's the protest to Vince's shit ass booking.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:41 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
What are you talking about? :-)

The Rumble is the best PPV to do swerves in. Having predictably is ok, but it has to be executed well. They missed the mark mostly tonight.
There were plenty of swerves tonight, but when it's all said and done your winners are going to be predictable.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:42 PM 01-27-2019
Becky's gimmick is nothing special. Comes down to more of she shoehorned her way into a scene they didn't want her to be in.

She's the protest to Vince's shit ass booking.
She's a Conor cosplayer...could come up with 10 other women I'd rather have in her main event spot.
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 11:46 PM 01-27-2019
I got way too drunk and fell asleep during the womens rumble. Cant say im sad I missed this show
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:09 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
There were plenty of swerves tonight, but when it's all said and done your winners are going to be predictable.
Nah. It was expected the SD tag titles would change hands and none of the world titles would flip.

Rollins and Becky Lynch were heavy favorites leading in and they telegraphed the Rollins one by doing Roman fuckery with him.

The only real surprise was Shinske taking back a title nobody gives a fuck about and the total mess of Nia Jax.
Originally Posted by Jerm:
She's a Conor cosplayer...could come up with 10 other women I'd rather have in her main event spot.
Name them :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:22 AM 01-28-2019
I thought you meant in the Rumbles themselves. Yeah, the results were predictable as all hell, but its a Vince McMahon show. Depressing thought, but it's never going to change as long as he's around, no matter how much they want to bloviate about the "new era." I just know they better get their shit together fucking quickly. New TV deals start in October, and it'd be a pretty bad look to get relegated to FS1 because of shit ratings so early into the deal.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:24 AM 01-28-2019
Really wasn't a lot of shockers in entrees either, at least for the men. I was more surprised EC3 was nowhere to be found.

Figured it'd be a lot of nxt people since Takeover was last night. Feels like they had bigger plans for a shocker at 30 and it blew up on them.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:26 AM 01-28-2019
Really wasn't a lot of shockers in entrees either, at least for the men. I was more surprised EC3 was nowhere to be found.

Figured it'd be a lot of nxt people since Takeover was last night. Feels like they had bigger plans for a shocker at 30 and it blew up on them.
I much prefer seeing the younger stars from NXT over nostalgia acts that can barely move. Anyone from the past or potential surprises that have the slightest bit of talent left is getting signed by other companies so that doesn't help either. We're most likely stuck with NXT one nighters and returns from injuries for the next few years.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:31 AM 01-28-2019
I don't think so. I'm expecting more of them down the road as they will be more aggressive signing wrestlers away from AEW and wil have to likely concede more Day 1 main roster signings.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:34 AM 01-28-2019
I don't think so. I'm expecting more of them down the road as they will be more aggressive signing wrestlers away from AEW and wil have to likely concede more Day 1 main roster signings.
They better be more worried about their own guys wanting to go to AEW. Jericho said they gave him the richest deal of his career, and Vince McMahon wouldn't match it. The Khan family snd AEW actually have enough wealth to compete with WWE for talent., unlike TNA or ROH.
[Reply]
Page 197 of 332
« First < 97147187193194195196197 198199200201207247297 > Last »
Up