ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3390 of 3903
« First < 2390289032903340338033863387338833893390 33913392339333943400344034903890 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 11:39 AM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Goes to show you were brought up to have morals and high character, values .says a lot for your parents.Don’t know you from Adam but they I’d bet your a good person

This guy is definitely a good person. Throughout all of this, I haven't seen him speak down or be condescending to anyone. He remains calm and thoughtful and gives everything a fair chance. And, despite how horribly this virus has treated him, he hasn't lashed out at anyone.

I'd let this guy drill my teeth for sure.
[Reply]
Donger 11:40 AM 01-07-2021
Sorry if Q:

Overall US COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution and Administration

Total Doses Distributed

Total Number of People Initiating Vaccination (1st Dose Received)

CDC | Updated: Jan 06 2021 As of 9:00am ET
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:40 AM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
It's true folks. Being a 50 year old teacher gives you magical protection against Covid that just isn't available to say a 50 year old grocery worker.
[Reply]
loochy 11:43 AM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
It's true folks. Being a 50 year old teacher gives you magical protection against Covid that just isn't available to say a 50 year old grocery worker.

You missed the point. It's most likely that teachers had an easier time than other working adults is because their workplace is filled with children (who catch and transmit this disease less readily) instead of other adults. Also, their circle of socialization (is that the right term?) is relatively static and small.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:52 AM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
You missed the point. It's most likely that teachers had an easier time than other working adults is because their workplace is filled with children (who catch and transmit this disease less readily) instead of other adults. Also, their circle of socialization (is that the right term?) is relatively static and small.
Or that their immune system is stronger from being around a bunch of kids all the time so their immune response was better if infected.
[Reply]
R Clark 11:54 AM 01-07-2021
This guy is definitely a good person. Throughout all of this, I haven't seen him speak down or be condescending to anyone. He remains calm and thoughtful and gives everything a fair chance. And, despite how horribly this virus has treated him, he hasn't lashed out at anyone.

I agree, the way he has expressed himself in this thread is impressive to say the least.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:14 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
On the bright side, my moms brain bleed has stopped and she's getting to go home today around 4.

Appreciate the thoughts
Woot! :-)
[Reply]
O.city 12:16 PM 01-07-2021

Originally Posted by R Clark:
I agree, the way he has expressed himself in this thread is impressive to say the least.
While being an ass on the internet is a tale as old as time, IMO, doesn't really get us anywhere.

I have some knowledge in this stuff, I'm no where near an authority obviously, but I have enough of a background that with some reading and such I can figure it out. I just tried as much to be helpful in others understanding things.

It's a serious respiratory virus, in the end, it's no one's fault they got it or spread it or anything. Mistakes were made by governments, people, whoever sure.

But that does no one any good at this point to piss and moan about. We are where we are, lets figure out how to get the hell out of it as quick and painless as possible.
[Reply]
O.city 12:21 PM 01-07-2021

1. Our COVID-19 paper on Immunological memory to SARS-CoV-2 assessed for up to 8 months after infection is out today in @ScienceMagazine !https://t.co/EoHpXHur6z@ljiresearch @SetteLab @Dani6020

— Shane Crotty (@profshanecrotty) January 6, 2021

Good info on immune response. I definitely think if you've been infected and know it, you should probably wait on the vax
[Reply]
tooge 03:44 PM 01-07-2021

Good info on immune response. I definitely think if you've been infected and know it, you should probably wait on the vax
I just read that. Great news.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:19 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
So I take it this study "feels" wrong to you. Unfortunately, decisions are better made based on evidence and right now the evidence is pointing to opening up the schools NOW.
[Reply]
sedated 05:38 PM 01-07-2021
Is there a cliffs notes version?
[Reply]
DaFace 05:40 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Is there a cliffs notes version?
People who have had covid are likely immune for 8 months or more even if they have a low level of antibodies.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:36 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Or that their immune system is stronger from being around a bunch of kids all the time so their immune response was better if infected.
Which is why healthcare workers have been so mildly hit.

:-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:48 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
People who have had covid are likely immune for 8 months or more even if they have a low level of antibodies.
Finding out I had the antibodies was a weight off my shoulders. Glad to see the immunity length seemingly continue to grow.
[Reply]
Page 3390 of 3903
« First < 2390289032903340338033863387338833893390 33913392339333943400344034903890 > Last »
Up