ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2380 of 3903
« First < 1380188022802330237023762377237823792380 238123822383238423902430248028803380 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 05:07 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'll wait while you find an official website that says that.
I'll play....

Originally Posted by :
Why weren’t Americans told to wear masks in the first place?

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Public health officials have an explanation for why they flip flopped on recommending masks to the general public. There was a shortage, and masks needed to be available for healthcare workers, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci told TheStreet.

Well, the reason for that is that we were concerned the public health community, and many people were saying this, were concerned that it was at a time when personal protective equipment, including the N95 masks and the surgical masks, were in very short supply. And we wanted to make sure that the people namely, the health care workers, who were brave enough to put themselves in a harm way, to take care of people who you know were infected with the coronavirus and the danger of them getting infected,” Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infections Diseases, told TheStreet.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...ce/ar-BB15zV08
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:08 PM 06-22-2020
Today's ES:

The weekend did not erase the 12 state rush in cases. We have media people running around flagging 'the most cases since April!!' What a bunch of idiots.

Mild confirmation of maybe half of the uptick in cases as being real (all young demographic). Being generous. pic.twitter.com/6ScpTpnWBX

— Ethical Skeptic ☀ (@EthicalSkeptic) June 22, 2020

The crossing of these lines indicates either we are running out of old fatalities to launder, or hospitals are more tolerant in who gets admitted than in the past - or most likely, both. pic.twitter.com/xuqvj4BP88

Much of the country resumed the downward trend today, even a couple of the states who are salting cases. That is pretty bad, when you are salting cases and you are still going down.

But alas, we have one more week of desperation trying to spin this as need for lockdown. pic.twitter.com/loXP8bIj4u

Steady rise in hospital census - but admissions are not following suit. This game can only last so long. Eventually people will stop watching, you run out of free money, and real medical needs start wanting beds - without risk of catching Covid. pic.twitter.com/VS8lhOxxHi

Good news today, is that when fatality numbers are not legacy boosted by old processed cases, we see a more realistic trend which matches the CDC excess all cause curve. Just remember that this CDC yellow line is over 2 weeks aged already.

In reality it may already be at EoS. pic.twitter.com/oBZNOrHUW6

Two days of resuming the tail form - but weekend. Anticipating retiring this chart when it ends next week. As cases right now don't mean a whole lot.

Our priority now is help those harmed by the lockdowns - that population is 20x even the cum total symptomatic. pic.twitter.com/2tGbBKg7mc

Edit - this is what the person means by "salting"

pic.twitter.com/a6o2xTlmiR

[Reply]
petegz28 05:11 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Today's ES:

I have not had a chance to really look this person over but they seem to provide some compelling data anyway to at least maintain some perspective other than what the MSM provides.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:15 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Woke up feeling like crap. nausea, unusually low temperature (96.0) chills, yawning like crazy, runny nose, fatigue. Called to see if I should get tested for the Covids. Didn't pass the screening. I guess you have to be a first responder or high risk person otherwise it takes shortness of breath, high fever/aches and or cough, or been exposed to a known carrier to qualify for a test here in Northern CA. Wife is very high risk (breathing issues) so I wanted one. I guess I could find a back alley tester and roll up with cash? :-)
Ugh. Sorry, man. Sending you good Covid-free vibes.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:16 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I'll play....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...ce/ar-BB15zV08
But that's referring to N95s. I'm talking about masks in general. They didn't think that COVID was spread in droplets that were large enough to be caught by a cloth mask at first but reversed the recommendation after evidence came out to suggest that it is.
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:20 PM 06-22-2020
I edited my earlier post #35686 to add a tweet I missed, and another to describe "salting"
[Reply]
Donger 05:25 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly said Covid-19 spread is trending upward in the state.
"The three metrics we use for reopening are disease spread, death, and hospitalization. Unfortunately for the first time in a while, our disease spread is trending upward," Kelly said in a news conference Monday.
She added: "Therefore, it is my recommendation, along with officials over at the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, that communities in Kansas stay in phase three of Ad Astra reopening plan."

Kansas reported an increase of 406 Covid-19 cases since Friday, bringing the total of cases to 12,465, with 259 deaths in the state.
Did Kansas meet the task force recommendation (10 to 14 days of downward trajectory) for beginning reopening?
[Reply]
petegz28 05:27 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
But that's referring to N95s. I'm talking about masks in general. They didn't think that COVID was spread in droplets that were large enough to be caught by a cloth mask at first but reversed the recommendation after evidence came out to suggest that it is.
I'm sorry, let me help you since you didn't read it...

Originally Posted by :
CLEVELAND, Ohio — Public health officials have an explanation for why they flip flopped on recommending masks to the general public. There was a shortage, and masks needed to be available for healthcare workers, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci told TheStreet.

“Well, the reason for that is that we were concerned the public health community, and many people were saying this, were concerned that it was at a time when personal protective equipment, including the N95 masks and the surgical masks, were in very short supply. And we wanted to make sure that the people namely, the health care workers, who were brave enough to put themselves in a harm way, to take care of people who you know were infected with the coronavirus and the danger of them getting infected,” Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infections Diseases, told TheStreet.
You either didn't read what I posted or completely ignored it and pretended it said something else. Either way you're wrong.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:28 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Today's ES:

Edit - this is what the person means by "salting"

Your best work on the site. Keep it coming.
[Reply]
O.city 05:33 PM 06-22-2020
Fatalities have been a lagging factor of about 7 days. So we’ll see in a week or so
[Reply]
petegz28 05:37 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Fatalities have been a lagging factor of about 7 days. So we’ll see in a week or so
You know I call that into question on that but okay......if you look at Worldometers daily deaths peaked with new cases, not 2 weeks after.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:37 PM 06-22-2020
They have been falling for 2 months. How much of a lag is it?
[Reply]
O.city 05:40 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You know I call that into question on that but okay......if you look at Worldometers daily deaths peaked with new cases, not 2 weeks after.
New cases were likely higher because of testing issues then. Or atleast it would seem that way
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:40 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Did Kansas meet the task force recommendation (10 to 14 days of downward trajectory) for beginning reopening?
Not to my knowledge. I don’t think any state did IIRC
[Reply]
Donger 05:42 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Not to my knowledge. I don’t think any state did IIRC
Smart. I think Montana was, or pretty close.
[Reply]
Page 2380 of 3903
« First < 1380188022802330237023762377237823792380 238123822383238423902430248028803380 > Last »
Up