ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 296 of 382
« First < 196246286292293294295296 297298299300306346 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 11:31 AM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
$25 is up there for a lot people but feel BL's reputation can carry it.

Those bottles would be gone in minutes here, at least in the short term.
Yeah, they aren't easy to find... I think some places hold onto some for a little while, since I've seen Transmit in Color and some of the other hard to find stuff weeks/months later.

And they come out with so many of those... you could easily spend $100 just on a few singles every month. And I'd go broke if I lived near their taproom. Happy and buzzed, but broke.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:41 AM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, they aren't easy to find... I think some places hold onto some for a little while, since I've seen Transmit in Color and some of the other hard to find stuff weeks/months later.

And they come out with so many of those... you could easily spend $100 just on a few singles every month. And I'd go broke if I lived near their taproom. Happy and buzzed, but broke.
Would be very interested in seeing brewery < 1 mile added to Rainman's relocation algorithm
[Reply]
phisherman 01:20 PM 08-11-2020
Bottle Logic seems to be fairly easy to get in AZ. My buddy just did a huge group buy of to go bottles from Ground Control in Litchfield Park and sent us back probably 40 bottles of 2020 Fundamental Observation so they're obviously there somewhere. Staff of Asir and Transmit in Color are also currently available for purchase to go.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:36 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Bottle Logic seems to be fairly easy to get in AZ. My buddy just did a huge group buy of to go bottles from Ground Control in Litchfield Park and sent us back probably 40 bottles of 2020 Fundamental Observation so they're obviously there somewhere. Staff of Asir and Transmit in Color are also currently available for purchase to go.
Ground Control is very good, too. Fundamental Observation is more abundant, even though I personally find that it's overrated compared to others.

And maybe 'easiness' isn't the right word, just a matter of how much the Phoenix area gets... several places carry their flavor of the week, but from my experience you're usually talking about a few cases at most, and they go fast. Craft Beer Quick Stop will post them on facebook and it'll be gone in a matter of hours or a few days at most.

They also make a lot of IPAs and year round stuff that seems to always be in stock.
[Reply]
DrRyan 01:58 PM 08-11-2020
Ground Control is very good, too. Fundamental Observation is more abundant, even though I personally find that it's overrated compared to others.

And maybe 'easiness' isn't the right word, just a matter of how much the Phoenix area gets... several places carry their flavor of the week, but from my experience you're usually talking about a few cases at most, and they go fast. Craft Beer Quick Stop will post them on facebook and it'll be gone in a matter of hours or a few days at most.

They also make a lot of IPAs and year round stuff that seems to always be in stock.
King's Convenience just north of downtown always gets the most. Generally online bottle sales as well as a number of 16oz mini crowler cans available as well. Follow them on IG for the most up to date releases.

A few days for any (generally highly overrated IMO BL beers) is longer than they tend to last anywhere. Not going to find them sitting on shelves for long.
[Reply]
Hailchief 02:05 PM 08-11-2020
if anyone ever makes it to San Antonio visit Black Laboratory Brewing - new brewery just opened in March and can use everyone's help.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:42 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
King's Convenience just north of downtown always gets the most. Generally online bottle sales as well as a number of 16oz mini crowler cans available as well. Follow them on IG for the most up to date releases.

A few days for any (generally highly overrated IMO BL beers) is longer than they tend to last anywhere. Not going to find them sitting on shelves for long.
King's is great, I love their taproom lounge and playing some Super Nintendo.

BL make so many beers... I look for their heavier stouts plus a few strong ales that are generally world class, and ignore the rest. Some of their IPAs are supposed to be really good, but there are a ton of them, too. They have 500+ beers listed in beeradvocate in 7 years.... compared to Boulevard, who has ~230 and has been around forever.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:16 PM 08-11-2020
I was able to pick up almost a case of Ozark's BDCS a few weeks ago. They canned more of it than usual since they couldn't have their big taproom party and places with taps have limited capacity still so aren't moving as much volume.

Not as good as last year but still very damn good.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:27 PM 08-11-2020
I live 5 minutes from Ground Control.

Great place!
[Reply]
phisherman 08:32 AM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I live 5 minutes from Ground Control.

Great place!
It's nice that they have crowlers of BL stuff at better prices too!
[Reply]
TimBone 04:55 PM 08-12-2020
I have found it at a few places around Phoenix... Craft Beer Quick Stop on the north end, King's closer to downtown, The Wandering Tortoise... and whatever the Tortoise's other bar is named, that's slipping my mind.

Apparently their distribution guidelines are insanely complicated and strict... I've heard that from a couple of good craft beer stops that choose not to do business with them. And that's on top of having to sell their best stuff at around $25/bottle.
I don't do much BL because secondary market for it is a mf'er, but if you see some of their Sight and Mind BA Barleywine and want to work a trade, Im down.
[Reply]
TimBone 04:57 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I imagine the Birthday and Anniversary will hard to come by. I'm legit curious how they're going to pull it off here. Traditionally its a multi-day city wide event with long lines and tappings. Can't see that happening this year. Can't really see them distro'ing it all to 50K retailers here and letting them sort out the logistics. Imagining some type of staggered curbside pickup that fucks over their retailers and distro, crashes a room full of servers, but in true InBev fashion keeps all the profits.
That would be fucked, man. I don't doubt it, though. I saw some people talking about it on one of the Chicago beer FB pages the other day, and some seem to agree with you.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:37 AM 08-29-2020
What's the latest and greatest in the KC beer scene?

Noticed a few that might be worth a shot... Fringe Beerworks, Casual Animal Brewing, Grains and Taps?
[Reply]
phisherman 12:11 PM 08-30-2020
City Barrel, BKS, Alma Mader. G&T and Fringe are OK if you're stuck out in Lee's Summit but down in the city is where the real action is. Pathlight is another new spot that has some great stuff, they're out in the Lenexa/Shawnee area, around I-35 and 87th.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:34 PM 08-30-2020
City Barrel, BKS, Alma Mader. G&T and Fringe are OK if you're stuck out in Lee's Summit but down in the city is where the real action is. Pathlight is another new spot that has some great stuff, they're out in the Lenexa/Shawnee area, around I-35 and 87th.
Thanks!
[Reply]
Page 296 of 382
« First < 196246286292293294295296 297298299300306346 > Last »
Up