ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 31
« First < 182425262728 293031 >
Nzoner's Game Room>We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach
okiedokieokoye 02:36 PM 07-10-2017
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @TomPelissero and me: The #Chiefs are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:19 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Im not sure why you are calling out this post like it was some absurd comment?

If you lived through the Jack Steadman years, you would know it was absurd.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:34 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol only that butt****ing moron PAChiefsGuy would try to diminish Veach’s role in winning a SB
First of all **** you you are one of the most arrogant posters in here. You think you are an NFL GM or something. You're not. You just a fan like all of us.

Second I didn't diminish anything. I said he has done a good if not great job since he has been here but I also acknowledged he came into a great situation. Sorry if I'm not a homer like you.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:36 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
The way he plugged up holes this season when we needed a guy- was pretty amazing. Pennel ended up being a cornerstone of that defense and looks like he might stick around a few more years. Talking about pulling a diamond out of the rough.

His other big moves panned out when it counted most as well- Sammy, Honey Badger, Hitchens and Clark all played well through the playoffs and SB. Hell, even slow-ass Ragland chipped in.

The coaching staff was also pretty great-according to the praise of the players themselves. Guys really bought into their techniques and coaching, especially in the secondary.

I am very impressed with Veech so far. Looking forward to seeing how he navigates this important Free Agency with Jones and Watkins- then the draft, to get us loaded up for another run.

The moves he makes in the next few months will not only affect this year-but will impact us several years down the road with the cap.
Would people please stop w the Sammy was a great FA signing BS. Guy is one of the most overpaid players in the league
[Reply]
staylor26 11:37 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
First of all **** you you are one of the most arrogant posters in here. You think you are an NFL GM or something. You're not. You just a fan like all of us.

Second I didn't diminish anything. I said he has done a good if not great job since he has been here but I also acknowledged he came into a great situation. Sorry if I'm not a homer like you.
It doesn’t take a NFL GM or homer to see that Veach is phenomenal and has a special eye for talent dumbass.

Pretty much anybody who has a clue realizes this now.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:38 AM 02-27-2020
Would people please stop w the Sammy was a great FA signing BS. Guy is one of the most overpaid players in the league
Soooooo fucking stupid. Good god. Have you watched any of our playoff games? Who gives a fuck what he did in the regular season when he showed up big when it really mattered?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:53 AM 02-27-2020
Soooooo ****ing stupid. Good god. Have you watched any of our playoff games? Who gives a **** what he did in the regular season when he showed up big when it really mattered?
For real! PAChiefsguy is butthurt today. Someone pissed in his Cheerios
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:55 AM 02-27-2020
Lol only that butt****ing moron PAChiefsGuy would try to diminish Veach’s role in winning a SB

pretty much the whole board in December:

-Spags was a great hire!

PA Chiefsguy-, meh, we'll see after the season.

pretty much all of Chiefs Kingdom in December:

Frank Clark is really coming on! Good signing.

PA Chiefsguy- meh, we'll see after the play-offs.

Anyone who watches the NFL-

Honey Badger was a tremendous signing! Total difference maker!

PA Chiefsguy- meh, we'll see after the end of the season.

Dude. Season's over. We won the Super Bowl.

Veach has done a great job.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:57 AM 02-27-2020
all of that being said, I fully expect:

we tag and trade Jones

we release Watkins and LDT.

We enter the draft with 7 picks, 5 in the first three rounds.

We have cap money to shore up weak spots in FA.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:02 PM 02-27-2020
:-)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:28 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I agree.

Furthermore, I now believe that the Chiefs organization is going to be the model organization in the NFL. Everything is so professional. Everything is first class. From the front office, to the coaching staff, to the players. And that's a credit to a classy owner.

Man our future is bright.
Could not agree more. :-)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:30 PM 02-27-2020
Soooooo ****ing stupid. Good god. Have you watched any of our playoff games? Who gives a **** what he did in the regular season when he showed up big when it really mattered?
In order to get to the playoffs you have to play well in the regular season. So to act like the regular season doesn't matter is an asinine statement.

Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
pretty much the whole board in December:

-Spags was a great hire!

PA Chiefsguy-, meh, we'll see after the season.

pretty much all of Chiefs Kingdom in December:

Frank Clark is really coming on! Good signing.

PA Chiefsguy- meh, we'll see after the play-offs.

Anyone who watches the NFL-

Honey Badger was a tremendous signing! Total difference maker!

PA Chiefsguy- meh, we'll see after the end of the season.

Dude. Season's over. We won the Super Bowl.

Veach has done a great job.
Spags was a great hire but there were a ton of people skeptical about him. You are so full of shit acting like all of ChiefsPlanet was ecstatic about him being hired. I have plenty of friends who are Giants fans and they all said he is good but I wanted to wait and see.

Frank Clark had 8 sacks all season, 8... Lets not act like he was Aaron Donald.. He killed it for half the season and was great against the run. The signing was worth it because he brought a much needed attitude to the defense and killed it in the playoffs but don't act like we got some type of bargain. Gave up an arm and a leg for the guy. Good signing though for sure. And again, plenty of other people were skeptical about him as well.

I don't watch the Texans much. My life doesn't revolve around football. Great signing though. Love the Honey Badger!

Yes the season is over and we won the SB but so what that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion or that Veach wasn't put in a great situation. Im rooting for Veach as much as anyone but the fact some of you think he should have been executive of the year is laughable.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:32 PM 02-27-2020
Read the post again- it says that Sammy came through when it mattered most.

Did you even watch the Superbowl?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:40 PM 02-27-2020
Doubling down. Bold strategy. Let's see if it pays off.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:43 PM 02-27-2020
In order to get to the playoffs you have to play well in the regular season. So to act like the regular season doesn't matter is an asinine statement.
We did...
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:44 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Read the post again- it says that Sammy came through when it mattered most.

Did you even watch the Superbowl?
So you think Sammy Watkins is worth $16-Million a year? He's getting paid like a top-5 WR his contract is a joke.

Come on guys. Yeah we won the SB but that doesn't mean Veach was perfect. Take off the homer blinders for a second will you.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 31
« First < 182425262728 293031 >
Up