ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 149
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:42 AM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Mike Trout has 6 home runs in 7 games after becoming a dad. Trout is the best player in baseball and it’s not even close. He could go down as one of the top 5 greatest players of all time
At this rate, top 5 of all time may not be a high enough ceiling.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:08 AM 08-11-2020
Franchy Cordero done. Big motherfuckin surprise
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:23 AM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I really, really hope him and Kersh find a way to walk away with titles.
I really enjoy being the answer to the trivia question who swept Trout in his only playoffs apperance.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:23 AM 08-11-2020
Only way Trout wins jack shit the rest of his career is if he gets the fuck away from the Angels.

That shitfuck franchise is going to piss away the man's entire career.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:33 AM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I really enjoy being the answer to the trivia question who swept Trout in his only playoffs apperance.
He went, what, 1-12, too?

Watching the GOAT get owned by HDH brought a special sort of joy.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:40 AM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
He went, what, 1-12, too?

Watching the GOAT get owned by HDH brought a special sort of joy.
I don't consider Trout the GOAT. Griffey Jr was better IMO.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:00 PM 08-11-2020
Trouts biggest issue is he doesn't have a desire to be the face of baseball, he has no desire to do all the endorsement and marketing work. If the MLB had a guy with Trouts talent and Bryce Harpers desire to be the face that would help them immensely. Harper wants to be the face but he isn't the best player so it's this weird dynamic.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:44 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Trouts biggest issue is he doesn't have a desire to be the face of baseball, he has no desire to do all the endorsement and marketing work. If the MLB had a guy with Trouts talent and Bryce Harpers desire to be the face that would help them immensely. Harper wants to be the face but he isn't the best player so it's this weird dynamic.
That’s not really an issue. Trout is allowed to be as high profile or anonymous as he wants to be. Either way is fine. There’s no right or wrong.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:45 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
That’s not really an issue. Trout is allowed to be as high profile or anonymous as he wants to be. Either way is fine. There’s no right or wrong.
It's an issue for baseball, when your average fan is like 60 years old you need some marketing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:04 PM 08-11-2020
I don't consider Trout the GOAT. Griffey Jr was better IMO.
I will never argue against the pure aesthetic joy of watching Ken Griffey Jr. play baseball - few have ever been more fun to watch play.

But the idea that Ken Griffey Jr was a better baseball player than Mike Trout is simply unsupportable by....anything. He just wasn't.

Mike Trout has played 8 major league seasons. In those 8 seasons, he finished in the top TWO in the MVP voting 7 times. Griffey did that twice. His entire career. And in the only season where Trout didn't finish in the top 2, he finished 4th in a mere 114 games.

Griffey was the better defender but Trout's been a better baserunner - you can largely wash out what they do without a bat in their hands as Trouts advantages with his legs have been roughly on par w/ Griffey's advantage with his glove).

Trout is a monster, man. Was Griffey more fun to watch? Yup - his elegance and that swing were just beyond peer. But was he a better player than Trout? Man - I just don't see the argument for it. You don't really have to go down the WAR rabbithole here but if you do, the argument gets even more impossible to make.

Trout is just something we haven't seen in a long time.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:19 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I will never argue against the pure aesthetic joy of watching Ken Griffey Jr. play baseball - few have ever been more fun to watch play.

But the idea that Ken Griffey Jr was a better baseball player than Mike Trout is simply unsupportable by....anything. He just wasn't.

Mike Trout has played 8 major league seasons. In those 8 seasons, he finished in the top TWO in the MVP voting 7 times. Griffey did that twice. His entire career. And in the only season where Trout didn't finish in the top 2, he finished 4th in a mere 114 games.

Griffey was the better defender but Trout's been a better baserunner - you can largely wash out what they do without a bat in their hands as Trouts advantages with his legs have been roughly on par w/ Griffey's advantage with his glove).

Trout is a monster, man. Was Griffey more fun to watch? Yup - his elegance and that swing were just beyond peer. But was he a better player than Trout? Man - I just don't see the argument for it. You don't really have to go down the WAR rabbithole here but if you do, the argument gets even more impossible to make.

Trout is just something we haven't seen in a long time.

Mike Trout turns 29 today.

Here is how @MikeTrout stacks up against a 29-year-old Ken Griffey Jr. ⚾️ pic.twitter.com/cCEvLxSnAi

— ESPN (@espn) August 7, 2020

They are pretty much identical its just preference.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:22 PM 08-11-2020

Good morning. The @Royals' offense leads the American League in doubles, extra-base hits and total bases. pic.twitter.com/8lcjAhOWNS

— Nick Kappel (@NickKappel) August 11, 2020

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:32 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
That's crazy considering the way they started the year.

Hopefully, having Dozier back in the lineup will continue to help the offense roll.

Gordo is the blackhole in the lineup now. His defense better remain Gold Glove and saving runs on a nightly basis or he's gonna find himself on the bench soon enough . . . . .
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:36 PM 08-11-2020

Pretty much identical except that Griffey Jr. started his baseball career earlier than Trout and Griffey's stats at age 29 are compiled over 167 games more than Trout.

I wonder what Trouts stats will look like next to Griffey's above after he's played another 167 games?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:42 PM 08-11-2020

Griffey accumulated another season (and a half, due to COVID) worth of counting stats though because he came up and played essentially a full season at 19.

And even still Trout has accumulated 8 more WAR, which is a pretty big gap when that's a full season from a great player.

And when you compare over eras, Griffey's OPS was good for a 150 OPS+ in that period vs. Trouts 175 - another pretty stout difference w/ the stick. A wRC+ of 144 vs. 173 for Trout.

When you're talking about a 30 point gap between Trout and the Kid, when Griffey was ALREADY at a HoF pace at 144, that's monstrous.

When accounting for respective eras and their performance related to their contemporaries, Trout's pretty far ahead of Griffey.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 149
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130 > Last »
Up