ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>The conservative grift on full display
NJChiefsFan27 12:29 PM 04-07-2021

What makes this rodeo clown ad particularly amusing is that according to Wikipedia, Rodimer grew up in Rockaway, New Jersey and attended Seton Hall Preparatory High School in West Orange, New Jersey, later graduating Ave Maria School of Law in 2013.

Here is an ad from last year when he ran for a House seat in Nevada. He might as well be an entirely different person. The grift here is hilariously blatant.

If Big Dan's embarrassing Cowboy cosplay political ad seems familiar, it's because this kind of virtue signaling is now common on the right. Here's Lauren Boebert in an ad from last year talking about bringing her gun to Congress and auditioning to be Sarah Palin 2.0.

What these ads show more than anything is how powerful identity politics is on the right. Put on a cheesy southern accent, make gun ownership a central part of your existence, talk tough about owning the libs, and then sprinkle in a few conservative buzzwords like FREEDOM and CONSTITUTION and braindead right wingers will throw money at your campaign and make you the next conservative star politician. All style and absolutely zero substance. This is of course how Trump got elected so it's not surprising to see so many people getting in on this gravy train, but electing these hucksters just drives the partisanship levels through the roof and plays into the dumb American stereotype. For the sake of the country and future generations, please start doing better and stop electing kooks and political hacks to Congress. Thank you.
[Reply]
Detoxing 01:29 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Completely false^. I was here for Obamaís entire 2nd term and it never came up, there was no reason. It also didnít come up during ZioCon Donís first year.

It became a topic when he made it a topic. An endlessly recurring one.
I mean recently, dude. Like over the last 2 years-ish or so.

And i don't mean it as a diss.

I legit find it funny.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 01:30 PM 04-07-2021
You already exonerated me on that, so Iím in the clear.

Your words, not mine.
Well, you either sent him $100, or you didn't but lied about it so people would think you did.

I'm not really sure which one reflects worse on you, but neither one is good.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:34 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
That stuff in the OP is pretty embarrassing. Obvious grifting. I'm sure this dude will be the next Fox and Friends hero.

But let's not pretend it doesn't go on with the left as well. Seriously. All these guys wear whatever suit, say whatever shit, do whatever they need, to get elected. And once there, it's about staying there.

But, I'm not making any excuses for this weasel from Texas\Nevada\New Jersey. It saddens me that these are the assholes we have running for office. Probably because good stand up people have too much stuff in life to deal with, unlike any of these politicians.
Agree with this. It is strange, though, to see people claim it's all about "policy" when it's very clearly NOT all about policy.
[Reply]
Donger 01:34 PM 04-07-2021
Completely false^. I was here for Obamaís entire 2nd term and it never came up, there was no reason. It also didnít come up during ZioCon Donís first year.

It became a topic when he made it a topic. An endlessly recurring one.
So you were not anti-Jew until Trump?
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:40 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Pushing Crenshaw as a conservative, or some shining example of a republican, would be laughable. The gay pirate is mocked and despised by a huge chunk of the political right, and for good reason. He's not quite 100% RINO, but he's certainly got RINO blood in him.

So, if you're going to post about alleged conservative grift, and you're tossing in Crenshaw as some sort of evidence, you're doing it all wrong.
Well, who's he grifting here?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:42 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Agree with this. It is strange, though, to see people claim it's all about "policy" when it's very clearly NOT all about policy.
Exactly. I'm conservative, and many of my friends love to talk about how Libs and Dems believe in taxing the shit out of us and spending our children into oblivion...but I don't really hear much about how the Republicans have cut taxes (which is GOOD) and yet STILL spend like drunken sailors. As long as they say shit that their supporters find funny, or agreeable, or whatever, it matters NOT what they DO. Just look at that putz in the OP. That shit is embarrassing. When Hildawg ran for Senate in New York, I was thinking "no way does New York vote for an obvious carpetbagging grifter from Arkansas for the Senate"...but...she's Hillary Clinton I guess...
[Reply]
Loneiguana 02:29 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
I just found it buried a few pages back. Needs more exposure and warrants a serious discussion about why conservatives are so easy to grift.
You could also look at their love for Tucker Carlson... a trust fund kid who went to a $50,000/yr high school, who is also an heir to the Swanson fortune rails, and makes millions more railing about the 'ruling class'.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 03:04 PM 04-07-2021
fucking wow weeks ago
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 05:56 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
LOL'd at the insinuation of Republicans being the kings of identity politics.

Republicans have a junior college degree in identity politics, compared to Dems' PHD.
For real. Look at them trying to project their bullshit. Gaslighting fuckwits.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:04 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Probably because good stand up people have too much stuff in life to deal with, unlike any of these politicians.
Their smart to stay away. Who wants their life opened up and if there is nothing there of interest then they(Marxist Media) just make crap up and lie and get away with it. Just get the manure out there and who cares if it is true or not.

The downside of intimidating the smart people away is "We The People" suffer with compromised idiot leaders who just continue to allow the country to go downhill.
[Reply]
eDave 10:13 PM 04-07-2021

is now

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brother 10:35 PM 04-07-2021
Loon
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 10:48 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
That's exactly what I thought when I saw a Dan Crenshaw ad, which contained absolutely zero information about what he'd do to make life better.

It looks pretty, and it obviously cares about making him look like a badass you don't want to screw with.

But I have no clue how this fluff is supposed to make someone an attractive candidate. The obvious answer is as you said: the Republican Party very well may be more about identity than about absolutely anything else.
Make life better for whom? Do you all really depend on the government to make your life better??? Goís damn, that sucks. I depend on myself to make my life better I canít imagine depending on someone else to do that for me. I know all democrats now want everyone else to pay their bills.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 10:49 PM 04-07-2021
Welcome to politics OP.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:23 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by :
Does it matter to his future political prospects that Matt Gaetz doesn’t advance legislation? Does it matter that Madison Cawthorn staffed up his office with comms people? Does it matter that Marjorie Taylor Greene doesn’t have committee assignments?

Well, these quirks would matter in a system where legislative accomplishments influenced voter behavior. But the preponderance of evidence suggests that Republican voters don’t care about tangible government outcomes.

They don’t care whether or not a border wall is built, or who would have (theoretically) paid for it. They don’t care about whether or not the government fails to manage a global pandemic, killing hundreds of thousands of their fellow citizens. They don’t care if unemployment is up—or down. They don’t care about stimulus checks. Or the national debt…

Republican voters—a group distinct from Conservatism Inc.—no longer have any concrete outcomes that they want from government. What they have, instead, is a lifestyle brand.
Go Chiefs.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up