ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>The conservative grift on full display
NJChiefsFan27 12:29 PM 04-07-2021

What makes this rodeo clown ad particularly amusing is that according to Wikipedia, Rodimer grew up in Rockaway, New Jersey and attended Seton Hall Preparatory High School in West Orange, New Jersey, later graduating Ave Maria School of Law in 2013.

Here is an ad from last year when he ran for a House seat in Nevada. He might as well be an entirely different person. The grift here is hilariously blatant.

If Big Dan's embarrassing Cowboy cosplay political ad seems familiar, it's because this kind of virtue signaling is now common on the right. Here's Lauren Boebert in an ad from last year talking about bringing her gun to Congress and auditioning to be Sarah Palin 2.0.

What these ads show more than anything is how powerful identity politics is on the right. Put on a cheesy southern accent, make gun ownership a central part of your existence, talk tough about owning the libs, and then sprinkle in a few conservative buzzwords like FREEDOM and CONSTITUTION and braindead right wingers will throw money at your campaign and make you the next conservative star politician. All style and absolutely zero substance. This is of course how Trump got elected so it's not surprising to see so many people getting in on this gravy train, but electing these hucksters just drives the partisanship levels through the roof and plays into the dumb American stereotype. For the sake of the country and future generations, please start doing better and stop electing kooks and political hacks to Congress. Thank you.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:30 PM 04-07-2021
Already posted
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 12:37 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Already posted
I just found it buried a few pages back. Needs more exposure and warrants a serious discussion about why conservatives are so easy to grift.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:39 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
I just found it buried a few pages back. Needs more exposure and warrants a serious discussion about why conservatives are so easy to grift.
Any interest in discussing how easy itís been for Israel to grift off of dumb Americans?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:50 PM 04-07-2021
Funny how PB shows up to take a dump in this thread considering that he (claims he) sent Trump $100.
[Reply]
Detoxing 12:58 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Any interest in discussing how easy itís been for Israel to grift off of dumb Americans?
:-)

I fucking love how it always circles back to the Jews.

Cracks me up every time.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:01 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Funny how PB shows up to take a dump in this thread considering that he (claims he) sent Trump $100.
You already exonerated me on that, so Iím in the clear.

Your words, not mine.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:03 PM 04-07-2021
That stuff in the OP is pretty embarrassing. Obvious grifting. I'm sure this dude will be the next Fox and Friends hero.

But let's not pretend it doesn't go on with the left as well. Seriously. All these guys wear whatever suit, say whatever shit, do whatever they need, to get elected. And once there, it's about staying there.

But, I'm not making any excuses for this weasel from Texas\Nevada\New Jersey. It saddens me that these are the assholes we have running for office. Probably because good stand up people have too much stuff in life to deal with, unlike any of these politicians.
[Reply]
fan4ever 01:08 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
But let's not pretend it doesn't go on with the left as well. Seriously. All these guys wear whatever suit, say whatever shit, do whatever they need, to get elected. And once there, it's about staying there.
Exactly. I laugh when I see threads like this. The inability to reflect on what your own party does is monumental.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:10 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-)

I ****ing love how it always circles back to the Jews.

Cracks me up every time.

Completely false^. I was here for Obamaís entire 2nd term and it never came up, there was no reason. It also didnít come up during ZioCon Donís first year.

It became a topic when he made it a topic. An endlessly recurring one.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:12 PM 04-07-2021
What these ads show more than anything is how powerful identity politics is on the right. Put on a cheesy southern accent, make gun ownership a central part of your existence, talk tough about owning the libs, and then sprinkle in a few conservative buzzwords like FREEDOM and CONSTITUTION and braindead right wingers will throw money at your campaign and make you the next conservative star politician. All style and absolutely zero substance.
That's exactly what I thought when I saw a Dan Crenshaw ad, which contained absolutely zero information about what he'd do to make life better.

It looks pretty, and it obviously cares about making him look like a badass you don't want to screw with.

But I have no clue how this fluff is supposed to make someone an attractive candidate. The obvious answer is as you said: the Republican Party very well may be more about identity than about absolutely anything else.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:14 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

the Republican Party very well may be more about identity than about absolutely anything else.
Shut the fuck up.

[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:14 PM 04-07-2021
LOL'd at the insinuation of Republicans being the kings of identity politics.

Republicans have a junior college degree in identity politics, compared to Dems' PHD.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:18 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
That's exactly what I thought when I saw a Dan Crenshaw ad, which contained absolutely zero information about what he'd do to make life better...

Pushing Crenshaw as a conservative, or some shining example of a republican, would be laughable. The gay pirate is mocked and despised by a huge chunk of the political right, and for good reason. He's not quite 100% RINO, but he's certainly got RINO blood in him.

So, if you're going to post about alleged conservative grift, and you're tossing in Crenshaw as some sort of evidence, you're doing it all wrong.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:24 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Pushing Crenshaw as a conservative, or some shining example of a republican, would be laughable. The gay pirate is mocked and despised by a huge chunk of the political right, and for good reason. He's not quite 100% RINO, but he's certainly got RINO blood in him.

So, if you're going to post about alleged conservative grift, and you're tossing in Crenshaw as some sort of evidence, you're doing it all wrong.
The same people who cry "RINO" every time a Republican has an original thought are the same people who would vote for a guy putting on a third-rate WWE performance.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up