ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
The Marty Lounge>Covid killed my career, then I reinvented it!!
Carlota69 09:28 AM 04-07-2021
Hi guys,
I havenít been on in a long time, but in June I was let go from my gig at KOMP 92.3 in Vegas. I was a line item cut. I made too much money and the station was bleeding money, so Covid tried kill the Radio Star. A 30 year career...

And it almost did.

Until 3 weeks ago. I launched my own radio station.
Kilpop Radio.
Itís not a format
Itís an attitude

We play everything from Metallica, Slipknot, Tool, Korn, NIN, Beastie Boys, new artist like a ring Me the Horizon and Asking Alexandria with nuggets from artists like
The Clash, Sex Pistols, Prodigy and evening some Eminem and Tech Nine.

Itís a music App, free to download and commercial free.

Also 3 weeks ago, the day I launched the app, I suffered from the long haul effects from Covid ( I had in Nov) and almost died from Pnuemonia, Sepsis and a blot clot in my lung.

So Covid tried to kill my career and me as well...
But FUCK YOU RONA!

So if you like music with some teeth to
It, please download my app and listen up.
Support me in telling Rona to
fuck off ??? 😎🤘

I hope everyone is well. This year has been insane!!!

KILPOP RADIO APP is now available in the app stores.

iOS
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kilpop-radio/id1557479046

ANDROID:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dio.m58ab7438d

Desktop: Kilpop.com
Alexa : enable skill - Kilpop radio
[Reply]
lcarus 01:01 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Carlota69:
A lot of current rock stations had to
Get more current and cut the classic rock out bc it doesnít work for the younger demos
You have to let your audience grow old thru you not grow old with your audience 😇
Seems like when iHeartRadio came around, that's when it started changing. They didn't cut out the classic rock 100%. Just a good chunk of it. They still play Zeppelin and Pink Floyd on occasion, but when they do it's usually just Black Dog and Another Brick in the Wall. ZZ Top, Skynyrd, Tom Petty = gone. Other stuff like Hendrix, Molly Hatchet, George Thoroughgood and Thin Lizzy = gone. Maybe they still play that stuff once in a blue moon or by request.
[Reply]
Carlota69 01:04 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
This is almost my Pandora list to a tee without "Down with the Sickness".
Perfect
And now itís free with no commercial! Welcome aboard!! 🤘🤘🤘🤘
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:07 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Seems like when iHeartRadio came around, that's when it started changing. They didn't cut out the classic rock 100%. Just a good chunk of it. They still play Zeppelin and Pink Floyd on occasion, but when they do it's usually just Black Dog and Another Brick in the Wall. ZZ Top, Skynyrd, Tom Petty = gone. Other stuff like Hendrix, Molly Hatchet, George Thoroughgood and Thin Lizzy = gone. Maybe they still play that stuff once in a blue moon or by request.
It's all about demographics man.

The audience for that kind of music is...well...dying. Literally.

The primary consumers now are Gen X'ers, so they're playing 80's and 90's mixes.
[Reply]
Otter 01:16 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Carlota69:
Perfect
And now itís free with no commercial! Welcome aboard!! 🤘🤘🤘🤘
You've got a new fan and I just copy/pasted your post on a private message board with some pretty prominent posters.

This is a good thing.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:20 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's all about demographics man.

The audience for that kind of music is...well...dying. Literally.

The primary consumers now are Gen X'ers, so they're playing 80's and 90's mixes.
Yeah I get why they changed. They cut most of that 70s stuff out and brought in Smashing Pumpkins, Puddle of Mudd, Beastie Boys, Papa Roach, Nirvana.
It doesn't really matter to me anymore though, since I lost my job where the FM radio was on all day. :-)
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 01:24 PM 04-07-2021
Downloaded and like to see you do interviews. Also love to be a guest sometime.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:30 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
You've got a new fan and I just copy/pasted your post on a private message board with some pretty prominent posters.

This is a good thing.
I always knew you were in the Illuminati.
[Reply]
Otter 01:47 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I always knew you were in the Illuminati.
Only on Wednesdays on Fridays between 10am and 5pm. I'm still haven't made it through the 7 minutes in heaven in the closet to meat tenure with the leader without running out without my pants down running away.

I've been offered tranquillizers but I don't like pills. It's an uphill battle much like pledge class.
[Reply]
HayWire 01:49 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I always knew you were in the Illuminati.
I'm the leader of the illuminati.

Still trying to make my case to get on air. (Since I can't be a mod)

My wife keeps saying I have a face for radio...not sure what she means by that.
[Reply]
morphius 01:56 PM 04-07-2021
added and rated, good luck!
[Reply]
Carlota69 01:56 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
You've got a new fan and I just copy/pasted your post on a private message board with some pretty prominent posters.

This is a good thing.
FUCK YEAH
Thank you!! 😎🤘
[Reply]
Carlota69 02:03 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
added and rated, good luck!
Thank you 🤘🤘
[Reply]
JakeF 03:08 PM 04-07-2021
You don't sound the way you look :-) lol
[Reply]
Carlota69 03:08 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
You don't sound the way you look :-) lol
You donít either 😇
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:35 PM 04-07-2021
Listening now. PLAY SOME MAIDEN!! The good Maiden...not the shit from the last 20 years...
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up