ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>What is Infrastructure?
HonestChieffan 08:01 AM 04-07-2021

Unicorns are infrastructure.
Love is infrastructure.
Herpes is infrastructure.
Everything is infrastructure. https://t.co/GhEVac1rzM

— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) April 7, 2021

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:04 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Then invest in it.


Amazon loves you ****ers who want tto bury the country in debt so they win.

If its such a sweet deal, let Amazon pay for it
LOL, yeah Amazon is going to build smart infrastructure on their own good enough to beat China. Because Amazon is the only company thinking about it. Logistics companies are talking about automation, IoT, sensors, drones, traffic congestion, last mile logistics and your head is stuck in the 20th century.

What's going to bury this country is China sprinting to the next generation supply chain while we're thumbing our asses talking about roads and bridges, while complaining our manufacturing jobs are going away.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:06 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Women bosses are the worst. Too emotional and too much bullshit drama. Lord help us if we ever get a women president.
You obviously didnít work in accounting.

I had a CPA boss that was stone cold heartless. To the core.

She had mentioned before that she had a cat that was older than her kids. One day I was in her office and she said her cat died. I offered condolences because if I had a pet for a decade or so and it died I would be sad. Because Iím human.

Her? She said, you know all I could think was I wish it died outside so I didnít have to clean it up. I had to lie to my husband and tell him I was sad.

:-)
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:19 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
LOL, yeah Amazon is going to build smart infrastructure on their own good enough to beat China. Because Amazon is the only company thinking about it. Logistics companies are talking about automation, IoT, sensors, drones, traffic congestion, last mile logistics and your head is stuck in the 20th century.

What's going to bury this country is China sprinting to the next generation supply chain while we're thumbing our asses talking about roads and bridges, while complaining our manufacturing jobs are going away.

How will China;s infrastructure in China somehow challenge the infrastructure from Illinois to Missouri?

Will China build infrastructure that somehow involves Amazon in Florida?

You are a moonbeam with no grounding in reality
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:30 PM 04-07-2021
Infrastructure is money into politician's pockets.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:32 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Infrastructure is money into union and 'Non Governmental Agency' leadership's pockets
FYP
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:37 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
How will China;s infrastructure in China somehow challenge the infrastructure from Illinois to Missouri?

Will China build infrastructure that somehow involves Amazon in Florida?

You are a moonbeam with no grounding in reality
China manufactures products that compete with the US's. If they produce and deliver products cheaper and more efficiently, Illinois will source more from China. Is this news to you?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:41 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
China manufactures products that compete with the US's. If they produce and deliver products cheaper and more efficiently, Illinois will source more from China. Is this news to you?
Is this something new since the 60's?

If we have electric trucks will that impact the cost of labor at $15 per hour in US vs like 70 cents for a 9 year old in china?

are you this piss ignorant? Will Illinois out compete China, VietNam, or Cambodia cause we have cool charging stations?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:54 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Is this something new since the 60's?

If we have electric trucks will that impact the cost of labor at $15 per hour in US vs like 70 cents for a 9 year old in china?

are you this piss ignorant? Will Illinois out compete China, VietNam, or Cambodia cause we have cool charging stations?
So your solution is to fall even further behind? Is that a serious suggestion? So you think we can't compete with China ever simply because they use cheap labor?

PWC says we'll reduce logistics costs by 40% by 2030 by incorporating autonomous. It's not about "cool charging stations." It's about automating last mile delivery which is a gigantic chunk of logistic cost. It's GPS, IoT, sensors so transportation doesn't waste time in traffic and raw materials can be constantly tracked. Not to mention the shift to distribution centers that are much much closer to the customer to allow for speedier delivery. These logistics will use EV as a platform. Even outside of EV, businesses are automating tons of manual processes so we need drastic changes to the electric grid no matter what. You say this is a pipe dream as if Walmart isn't already doing this. As if Uber & Lyft aren't sprinting toward automated ride share. As if GM didn't bank their entire future on EV. Um, yeah, this is just a bit different from the 60's.

More efficient logistics means more efficient supply chains. It means way less transportation costs. And in many cases your "70 cent" labor is replaced by $0 automation. Do you really not see how more efficient supply chains significantly drop operating costs down?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:56 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So your solution is to fall even further behind? Is that a serious suggestion? So you think we can't compete with China ever simply because they use cheap labor?

PWC says we'll reduce logistics costs by 40% by 2030 by incorporating autonomous. It's not about "cool charging stations." It's about automating last mile delivery which is a gigantic chunk of logistic cost. It's GPS, IoT, sensors so transportation doesn't waste time in traffic and raw materials can be constantly tracked. Not to mention the shift to distribution centers that are much much closer to the customer to allow for speedier delivery. These logistics will use EV as a platform. Even outside of EV, businesses are automating tons of manual processes so we need drastic changes to the electric grid no matter what. You say this is a pipe dream as if Walmart isn't already doing this. As if Uber & Lyft aren't sprinting toward automated ride share. As if GM didn't bank their entire future on EV. Um, yeah, this is just a bit different from the 60's.





More efficient logistics means more efficient supply chains. It means way less transportation costs. And in many cases your "70 cent" labor is replaced by $0 automation. Do you really not see how more efficient supply chains significantly drop operating costs down?
None of that requires EV

zero
[Reply]
banyon 09:46 PM 04-07-2021
This was a bad take by Sen Gillibrand. Certainly it means more today than roads and bridges, but it doesn’t mean welfare programs.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:04 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
None of that requires EV

zero
Autonomous vehicles are better with EV. And they are going to be all over the place with delivery and eventually short-haul trucking. And businesses will choose to go EV anyway because it will save them a shitload on fuel and maintenance costs. It's already happening, whether you like it or not. Businesses are investing in electronic fleet because they want to, not just because they're pressured to.

Sure none of that is required, if we stubbornly insist on a way less efficient way of doing things.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:44 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
FYP
Yes but that gets funneled back into the politicians poclets through campaign donations.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:14 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The average person does not need it.
So are you above average? I just ask as you used the internet to post what you said.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:19 AM 04-08-2021
To me infrastructure is roads, bridges, dams, water systems, and the electrical grid. I would also add broadband to that although I am not sure how practical that really is. I have seen it work in places like South Korea, but that country is the size of Indiana. As we shift more and more towards EVs we need to have the ability to provide the necessary power to operate charging stations across the country. I could be wrong on this, but I don't believe we have the ability to travel cross country with an EV like we do with a regular vehicle. That will have to change if we want to shift to EVs for good.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:21 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Autonomous vehicles are better with EV. And they are going to be all over the place with delivery and eventually short-haul trucking. And businesses will choose to go EV anyway because it will save them a shitload on fuel and maintenance costs. It's already happening, whether you like it or not. Businesses are investing in electronic fleet because they want to, not just because they're pressured to.

Sure none of that is required, if we stubbornly insist on a way less efficient way of doing things.
You remind me of the futurist articles in Popular Science.....moonbeams and poppycock, all of us flying small one seat planes, no highways, George Jetsons everywhere, the modern kitchen where we ask for a steak and it appears ready to eat.

If your vision is so efficient and so wonderful, we dont need government to do anything but get out of the way. If it cannot take off on its own, it will be doomed to fail from lack of true value
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up