ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>What is Infrastructure?
HonestChieffan 08:01 AM 04-07-2021

Unicorns are infrastructure.
Love is infrastructure.
Herpes is infrastructure.
Everything is infrastructure. https://t.co/GhEVac1rzM

— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) April 7, 2021

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:36 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I'd add broadband and other utilities to your roads and bridges, and that's really about it.
The definition needs to get way broader to prepare for an electric future. Grids, ev charging, sensors, etc... Plus often ignored utilities like water and wastewater. But yeah, extending this to mental health is way too far. Just call that something else.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:43 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Not I. I was known as being all business. I would never hire a friend. Hired family twice and regretted it. One male and one female. Female a dramatic slack-off, the male resistant to certain things I wanted done. Fired both.
Sure, until you became convinced that one of your employees was a George Soros communist plant, sent to infiltrate your business and ruin your life.
[Reply]
Hydrae 01:47 PM 04-07-2021
I would generally put infrastructure as transportation (roads, rails, airports probably too), and utilities (water, sewer, electric). In today's world we should probably include internet connectivity. That is about it.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:05 PM 04-07-2021

Border walls are actually infrastructure. https://t.co/5RFak5OPRs

— Congresswoman Mary Miller (@RepMaryMiller) April 7, 2021

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:06 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
None of that bullshit is infrastructure.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:17 PM 04-07-2021
When I think infrastructure, I think Roads, Bridges, Dams, reservoirs, sewage treatment, sewers, electricity grid, Communication towers (internet and digital communications) etc. It's a LOT more than roads and bridges. And has nothing to do with Paid Leave, Childcare, Dick chopping surgery, etc.

This is yet another reason why it never gets done. It's boring, and people don't give a shit until the Levee breaks, the bridge collapses, the road sinks, the water is toxic or the power goes out.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:19 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
I would generally put infrastructure as transportation (roads, rails, airports probably too), and utilities (water, sewer, electric). In today's world we should probably include internet connectivity. That is about it.
Yep. I would support government support in standing up a massive manufacturing program for batteries for electric vehicles. Better we lead that industry than China. Either way, it’s coming. But that’s not infrastructure, should be a stand-alone bill.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:19 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
When I think infrastructure, I think Roads, Bridges, Dams, reservoirs, sewage treatment, sewers, electricity grid, Communication towers (internet and digital communications) etc. It's a LOT more than roads and bridges. And has nothing to do with Paid Leave, Childcare, Dick chopping surgery, etc.

This is yet another reason why it never gets done. It's boring, and people don't give a shit until the Levee breaks, the bridge collapses, the road sinks, the water is toxic or the power goes out.
Agreed.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:25 PM 04-07-2021
Yep. I would support government support in standing up a massive manufacturing program for batteries for electric vehicles. Better we lead that industry than China. Either way, it’s coming. But that’s not infrastructure, should be a stand-alone bill.
Batteries, no. Though I don't mind it as much being loaded into an infrastructure bill. But charging stations and adapting our transportation grid for more autonomous, yes. I also think this new infrastructure requires a ton of upskillng which should also be considered infrastructure.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:28 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Batteries, no. Though I don't mind it as much being loaded into an infrastructure bill. But charging stations and adapting our transportation grid for more autonomous, yes. I also think this new infrastructure requires a ton of upskillng which should also be considered infrastructure.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...cec_story.html
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:29 PM 04-07-2021
Broadband being considered infrastructure as a utility is farcical.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:31 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Broadband being considered infrastructure as a utility is farcical.
What makes you say that?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:31 PM 04-07-2021
What makes you say that?
The average person does not need it.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 02:33 PM 04-07-2021
“Debate is welcome, compromise is inevitable, changes are certain,” he said. “In the next few weeks the vice president and I will be meeting with Republicans and Democrats to hear from everyone. And we’ll be listening, we’ll be open to good ideas and good-faith negotiations. But here’s what we won’t be open to: We will not be open to doing nothing.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp
[Reply]
vailpass 02:33 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The average person does not need it.
Doesn’t need internet at all? It seems like most people do:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up