ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>What is Infrastructure?
HonestChieffan 08:01 AM 04-07-2021

Unicorns are infrastructure.
Love is infrastructure.
Herpes is infrastructure.
Everything is infrastructure. https://t.co/GhEVac1rzM

— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) April 7, 2021

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:20 AM 04-07-2021
The answer is somewhere between "roads and bridges only" and "anything you can think of".
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:35 AM 04-07-2021
This is what we get for letting women out of the kitchen.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:37 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
The answer is somewhere between "roads and bridges only" and "anything you can think of".
I'd add broadband and other utilities to your roads and bridges, and that's really about it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:42 AM 04-07-2021
Infra - inside [in this case, domestic United states]
Structure - tangible inanimate operational facilities and conduits for movement.

The move to redefine is an expansion of the same rhetorical strategy they use with redefining racism, misogyny and bigotry.

On the latter, they bolster their ineffectual criticisms of everything that don't like by trying to assert that it's another form of something that is already universally disliked.

On the former, they bolster the attractiveness of everything they want government to do, but can't convince the populace otherwise, by trying to assert it's another form of things people already want government to do.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:44 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I'd add broadband and other utilities to your roads and bridges, and that's really about it.
That certainly covers most of it, and those items alone would likely eat that $2-3 trillion up quickly if done properly.

Trying to lump anything else into the category of infrastructure is disingenuous at best, and kills the entire bill at worst. Not that those other things shouldn't be addressed, but do so with separate bills.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:49 AM 04-07-2021

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:06 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
This is what we get for letting women out of the kitchen.
And putting men into it.
[Reply]
Detoxing 10:15 AM 04-07-2021
Between this and that Fox News guest-chick someone posted yesterday, i've come to the conclusion that women have no fucking clue what infrastructure is and i wonder how many are left that are capable of assembling a decent sammich.
[Reply]
Otter 10:26 AM 04-07-2021
My sister is a big wig for a high level pharmaceutical company that I'm pretty sure even the dimwittest Americans have heard of and swears women are a nightmare to work with as opposed to men.

And I can attest to that philosophy, especially in government contracts.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:27 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
My sister is a big wig for a high level pharmaceutical company that I'm pretty sure even the dimwittest Americans have heard of and swears women are a nightmare to work with as opposed to men.

And I can attest to that philosophy, especially in government contracts.

Young people are the least likely age group to believe that women are as capable at leadership as men, a new survey finds https://t.co/J2S1sZvGfP

— Bloomberg (@business) November 20, 2020

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:30 AM 04-07-2021
Women bosses are the worst. Too emotional and too much bullshit drama. Lord help us if we ever get a women president.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:14 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Women bosses are the worst. Too emotional and too much bullshit drama. Lord help us if we ever get a women president.
Hopefully she'll be postmenopausal.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:23 PM 04-07-2021
Statue demolition?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:32 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Not I. I was known as being all business. I would never hire a friend. Hired family twice and regretted it. One male and one female. Female a dramatic slack-off, the male resistant to certain things I wanted done. Fired both.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Up