ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>How long until the Masters golf tournament gets renamed?
TribalElder 05:42 PM 04-05-2021
The Masters golf tournament is this week

I heard on one channel a mention about how offensive "The Masters" name is because of the long racist history of the Augusta National golf course when it comes to membership.

They went on to talk about how the only members that were allowed were white and the caddies were all black.

You could feel the outrage building and it made me wonder how long until the masters tournament gets renamed / cancelled / me too'd
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 03:09 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
The word "master" is used very, very, commonly to denote skill.

End of this non-story. I realize some people are waiting for the hammer to fall next on the Chiefs, and I hope that doesn't happen, but virtually no one is complaining about the Masters.
I find it remarkable that you can continue to pretend not to know.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 03:11 PM 04-06-2021
lol
[Reply]
tatorhog 03:26 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I have 1 master hard drive and a slave drive attached
you're still using IDE drives? lol
[Reply]
srvy 03:40 PM 04-06-2021
The tournament began in 1934 and was proposed to be called The Masters. Bobby Jones thought it was too presumptuous so it was called Augusta National Invitation Tournament. Bobby Jones finally relented and in 1939 it became the Master's Tournament.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:46 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
I find it remarkable that you can continue to pretend not to know.
Pretend not to know what?

There's no link in the OP.

The only link in the thread is an article that references a single guy, and the author says he's the only one he found complaining.

Who else is complaining?
[Reply]
vailpass 03:46 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Nixhex:
I wonder if MLB commissioner Rob Manfred will immediately cancel his membership at Augusta being that it is in the racist/vote suppressing state of Georgia?
I'd like to see the good people at Augusta National cancel it for him.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:00 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I have 1 master hard drive and a slave drive attached
That is getting targeted too.

https://www.wired.com/story/tech-con...20the%20change.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:43 PM 04-06-2021
Pretend not to know what?

There's no link in the OP.

The only link in the thread is an article that references a single guy, and the author says he's the only one he found complaining.

Who else is complaining?

It may be on step one or two of say ten to get there but itís pretty naive to think itís not on the crazies radar.

You seem to recognize when something is unnecessary or ridiculous for the most part when it comes to cancel culture things having occurred and that these are not beneficial or helpful activities. I think there are lots of people like you though that donít denounce these types of things before they happen and sort of ignore them or pretend it wonít happen. For many people I believe itís because of fear of backlash. Itís easier to pretend things wonít happen or arenít on the radar than to make your actual thoughts heard and be called racist, white supremacist, or whatever over the top emotional charge is chosen.

Perhaps itís time to see these ideas, not for what they are in their current scope, but what they intend to become, and let it be known that you, a left leaning individual, think these concepts are pointless and unnecessary.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brother 09:04 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
I'd say after Biden makes masks mandatory forever but before he revokes the 2nd Amendment.
You stood with Biden you embarrassing stooge
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:12 PM 04-06-2021
Good to know.

Perhaps you can find someone who:

1. Is calling for the Masters to be renamed, and;

2. Should be taken seriously.

The article quoted to support the existence of this controversy establishes fairly conclusively that the one guy calling for it is a nut.

Anyone else?
A large number of people supporting something isn't necessary for a CP RW spaz-out.
The minimum standard of one internet rando saying something has been met.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brother 09:14 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
A large number of people supporting something isn't necessary for a CP RW spaz-out.
The minimum standard of one internet rando saying something has been met.
Standing with Biden means you support changes like that. This is the clown show you voted for. Now own it.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 04:49 AM 04-07-2021

BREAKING: The devil has announced that his fiddle contest will no longer be held in Georgia

— Nick Adams (@NickAdamsinUSA) April 6, 2021

[Reply]
NinerDoug 07:40 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It may be on step one or two of say ten to get there but itís pretty naive to think itís not on the crazies radar.

You seem to recognize when something is unnecessary or ridiculous for the most part when it comes to cancel culture things having occurred and that these are not beneficial or helpful activities. I think there are lots of people like you though that donít denounce these types of things before they happen and sort of ignore them or pretend it wonít happen. For many people I believe itís because of fear of backlash. Itís easier to pretend things wonít happen or arenít on the radar than to make your actual thoughts heard and be called racist, white supremacist, or whatever over the top emotional charge is chosen.

Perhaps itís time to see these ideas, not for what they are in their current scope, but what they intend to become, and let it be known that you, a left leaning individual, think these concepts are pointless and unnecessary.
I will admit to a fair amount of blindness to what is happening on the left. The trouble with this is that there appears to be no one with the idea other than CP members and a single ďsports journalistĒ who is considered a weirdo by his peers.

If you make the claim that a particular occurrence is taking place in the real world, but canít come up with any evidence that it is in fact happening, where do you go from there? Yes, the Redskins are no more.

Mississippi was a slave state. Maybe the State of Mississippi is next on the target. Iíll bet I could find more internet support for changing the the name of the State of Mississippi than there is for changing the name of the Masters.
[Reply]
scho63 08:45 AM 04-07-2021
When do they start boycotting peaches?
[Reply]
Bump 08:25 PM 04-08-2021
libshits have a lot of respect for this guy because he's been on TV

NOW: BOYCOTT THE MASTERS!

Baseball moves its All-Star Game out of Confederate Georgia. Next? Boycott The Masters Golf Tournament, its networks, and its sponsors, starting next Thursday.

What? You think the use of the term "Masters" in a former SLAVE STATE is a coincidence? pic.twitter.com/XUp5GMF4sZ

— Keith Olbermann (@KeithOlbermann) April 3, 2021

[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up