ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>How long until the Masters golf tournament gets renamed?
TribalElder 05:42 PM 04-05-2021
The Masters golf tournament is this week

I heard on one channel a mention about how offensive "The Masters" name is because of the long racist history of the Augusta National golf course when it comes to membership.

They went on to talk about how the only members that were allowed were white and the caddies were all black.

You could feel the outrage building and it made me wonder how long until the masters tournament gets renamed / cancelled / me too'd
[Reply]
fan4ever 06:09 PM 04-05-2021
In 2 years it will be called "The Augusta". Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 06:12 PM 04-05-2021
At the rate of pace of the liberal cancel culture.........in two years, the Tournament may not even be held.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:21 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
I heard on one channel a mention about how offensive "The Masters" name is because of the long racist history of the Augusta National golf course when it comes to membership.
Which channel?
[Reply]
vailpass 07:24 PM 04-05-2021
They should rename it to Yes Massa’
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 07:27 PM 04-05-2021
Are they going to rename a fucking master's degree? News flash: Some words have more than one meaning.

Who am I kidding? They'll change it just to feel like they've accomplished something.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:31 PM 04-05-2021
Is Masterpiece Theater safe?
What about Master lock?
Any comment from Samuel Jackson regarding his portrayal of a Jedi Master?
[Reply]
vailpass 07:32 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Are they going to rename a ****ing master's degree? News flash: Some words have more than one meaning.

Who am I kidding? They'll change it just to feel like they've accomplished something.
Houses for sale no longer feature the term “master bedroom”. Now it’s the “primary bedroom “. :-)
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:36 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Which channel?
don't remember which one for certain, it was earlier this morning

cnbc or espn most likely
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:47 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Houses for sale no longer feature the term “master bedroom”. Now it’s the “primary bedroom “. :-)
yup, onsuite????

If "Masters" goes, Augusta will be canceled too. Just by association.

We are fucked the next 4 years.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:28 PM 04-05-2021
Do you still bow to your master in the dojo?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:55 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Do you still bow to your master in the dojo?

[Reply]
hawkchief 10:06 PM 04-05-2021
So is masterbation now racist?? Asking for a friend.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:42 PM 04-05-2021
I honestly never, ever thought one time about any correlation to "The Masters" and Slavery until today.

I'd like to think it it has nothing to do with it, but Id be interested in learning the true origin.
[Reply]
eDave 11:19 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I honestly never, ever thought one time about any correlation to "The Masters" and Slavery until today.

I'd like to think it it has nothing to do with it, but Id be interested in learning the true origin.
I always associate it with the greatest. Mastered the game sort of thing. Still do and will.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up