ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 39
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>All Star Game Moved: MLB Trying Its Hardest to Be More Like the NBA
T-post Tom 01:09 PM 04-02-2021
So sad.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...gia-voting-law

MLB moving All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

Major League Baseball is moving the 2021 All-Star Game and 2021 draft out of Atlanta in response to a new Georgia voting law that critics say unfairly limits access to the ballot box, especially for people of color.

"Over the last week, we have engaged in thoughtful conversations with Clubs, former and current players, the Players Association, and The Players Alliance, among others, to listen to their views," MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement. "I have decided that the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport is by relocating this year's All-Star Game and MLB Draft."

The decision follows calls from as the White House to consider moving the midsummer classic out of Atlanta.

In his statement, Manfred said MLB "fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box." Manfred said MLB would continue to celebrate the memory of Hank Aaron, who died in January, during the All-Star festivities.

No new site for the All-Star Game or draft were announced.
[Reply]
Bump 05:04 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Where have I said that "ID's are racist"?

There doesn't appear to be any reason for you to lie about something like that, and yet, that's exactly what you're doing. Are you lying about MLB as well? What is wrong with you?
being able to notice things isn't "lying" buddy
[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:05 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Many elderly and poor people don’t have IDs. They are still citizens with a constitutional right to vote. If there were large numbers of provable voter fraud happening I might feel differently, but that simply isn’t the case.
But they'll have their vaccination cards, right????

(and by the way - if the folks without IDs by and large were voting Republican, you'd be shouting the loudest for voter ID)
[Reply]
alanm 05:07 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The state should pull all perks that it currently gives to the Braves and MLB.
I'm sure they will. They just did it to Delta.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:17 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
But they'll have their vaccination cards, right????

(and by the way - if the folks without IDs by and large were voting Republican, you'd be shouting the loudest for voter ID)
Absolutely no principles, just marching orders from preferred power brokers.

This is another subtle often-overlooked dynamic to the modern left, a shift in the paradigm of the purpose of government.

As it morphs into a secular religion, it becomes less a structure for effective collective problem-solving and more a proxy enforcer for interpersonal resentments that they fail to resolve to their satisfaction on their own.
[Reply]
chieffan09 05:19 PM 04-02-2021
MLB is just looking for attention.
[Reply]
chieffan09 05:22 PM 04-02-2021
[QUOTE=eDave;15613406]Many lazy people donít have IDs. They are still citizens with a constitutional right to vote, but would rather not put forth any effort what so ever.

Fixed your post
[Reply]
eDave 05:59 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Donít care if itís 1 voter thatís frauds or a million, thatís a problem.

Everyone of voting age should have some form of ID. Itís not that hard to get one and itís certainly not racist.
We are currently above six sigma. Hell, we are at three nines. Perfection will never be achieved, in anything.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 06:01 PM 04-02-2021
Major League Baseball has been a tone deaf, supreme fuck up for many years.

They have a diminishing fan base to begin with. Now they can't get their product on TV to a very large block of the fans that do remain. And now this.

I don't know how they could be any more stupid if they fucking tried.

America's pasttime to past its' time.

Major League Baseball has never known how to get out of its' own way. Now they are taking it to new levels.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:05 PM 04-02-2021
We are currently above six sigma. Hell, we are at three nines. Perfection will never be achieved, in anything.
So we should do nothing to prevent it and keep it as minimal as possible?

Sound logic there!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:14 PM 04-02-2021
Except perfection in effortless, unverifiable, anonymizable, physically and temporally remote voting to accommodate a narrative of a handful of immobile centenarian poverty dwellers utterly incapable by any means of securing identification.

Why don't we just open up the American Idol hotlines to determine our leaders? Or do the propagandists already have lined up some sympathetic sob stories of a handful of people utterly incapable of coming in contact with telephony, no matter the timeframe allowed?
[Reply]
alanm 06:15 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
damn even the MLB is saying that black people are too stupid to figure out how to get an ID. I don't believe that they are fwiw
If they drink alcohol they already have one. :-)
[Reply]
louie aguiar 06:21 PM 04-02-2021
Many elderly and poor people donít have IDs. They are still citizens with a constitutional right to vote. If there were large numbers of provable voter fraud happening I might feel differently, but that simply isnít the case.
If people donít have an ID the law provides that the state of Georgia will provide a free voter ID card.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 06:24 PM 04-02-2021
No person should be allowed to vote in this country if they cannot prove that they are who they say that they are and that they are a legal voter.

Period.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:29 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
No person should be allowed to vote in this country if they cannot prove that they are who they say that they are and that they are a legal voter.

Period.
And we should strive to, in every instance possible, to maximize the probability that the dispositive margin in all electoral races be decided by in-person day-of participants.
[Reply]
eDave 06:31 PM 04-02-2021
Solution looking for a problem. As I originally said. But I recognize that spite and desperation are very strong forces.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 39
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up