ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 38
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>All Star Game Moved: MLB Trying Its Hardest to Be More Like the NBA
T-post Tom 01:09 PM 04-02-2021
So sad.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...gia-voting-law

MLB moving All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

Major League Baseball is moving the 2021 All-Star Game and 2021 draft out of Atlanta in response to a new Georgia voting law that critics say unfairly limits access to the ballot box, especially for people of color.

"Over the last week, we have engaged in thoughtful conversations with Clubs, former and current players, the Players Association, and The Players Alliance, among others, to listen to their views," MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement. "I have decided that the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport is by relocating this year's All-Star Game and MLB Draft."

The decision follows calls from as the White House to consider moving the midsummer classic out of Atlanta.

In his statement, Manfred said MLB "fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box." Manfred said MLB would continue to celebrate the memory of Hank Aaron, who died in January, during the All-Star festivities.

No new site for the All-Star Game or draft were announced.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:27 PM 04-02-2021
I’ll never understand why requireing an ID to vote is a bad thing?

Seems like logical common sense to me
[Reply]
petegz28 03:28 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The state should pull all perks that it currently gives to the Braves and MLB.
The Braves were actually against the decision. But if they had to pay a price for what the league did to them......:-)
[Reply]
vailpass 03:30 PM 04-02-2021
Itís never been more clear that we should have picked our own cotton.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:30 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Is this something y'all have a problem with?
Apparently you had a problem with them not moving it.....:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 03:30 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Is this something y'all have a problem with?
Sports intermixing with politics? Yes, very much.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:37 PM 04-02-2021
MLB..:-) make it hard to be able to watch their games on TV and now they are pushing more marginal fans to stay away, makes no snese.
[Reply]
Eureka 03:41 PM 04-02-2021
This will eventually end up as a nothing burger.
[Reply]
eDave 04:36 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Iíll never understand why requireing an ID to vote is a bad thing?

Seems like logical common sense to me
Many elderly and poor people donít have IDs. They are still citizens with a constitutional right to vote. If there were large numbers of provable voter fraud happening I might feel differently, but that simply isnít the case.
[Reply]
eDave 04:38 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Sports intermixing with politics? Yes, very much.
Sports and politics have been intertwined since inception.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:38 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Sports and politics have been intertwined since inception.
I support the GA laws what are you gonna do about it?
[Reply]
Bump 04:44 PM 04-02-2021
damn even the MLB is saying that black people are too stupid to figure out how to get an ID. I don't believe that they are fwiw
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:46 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
damn even the MLB is saying that black people are too stupid to figure out how to get an ID. I don't believe that they are fwiw
Where did they say that?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:49 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Many elderly and poor people donít have IDs. They are still citizens with a constitutional right to vote. If there were large numbers of provable voter fraud happening I might feel differently, but that simply isnít the case.
Donít care if itís 1 voter thatís frauds or a million, thatís a problem.

Everyone of voting age should have some form of ID. Itís not that hard to get one and itís certainly not racist.
[Reply]
Bump 04:53 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Where did they say that?
by moving the all star game because libshits like you believe ID's are racist and the only logical conclusion to that is you think blacks are just too stupid to know how to get them. They aren't, but that's what you believe.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:56 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
by moving the all star game because libshits like you believe ID's are racist and the only logical conclusion to that is you think blacks are just too stupid to know how to get them. They aren't, but that's what you believe.
Where have I said that "ID's are racist"?

There doesn't appear to be any reason for you to lie about something like that, and yet, that's exactly what you're doing. Are you lying about MLB as well? What is wrong with you?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 38
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up