ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 38
« First < 263233343536 3738 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>All Star Game Moved: MLB Trying Its Hardest to Be More Like the NBA
T-post Tom 01:09 PM 04-02-2021
So sad.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...gia-voting-law

MLB moving All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

Major League Baseball is moving the 2021 All-Star Game and 2021 draft out of Atlanta in response to a new Georgia voting law that critics say unfairly limits access to the ballot box, especially for people of color.

"Over the last week, we have engaged in thoughtful conversations with Clubs, former and current players, the Players Association, and The Players Alliance, among others, to listen to their views," MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement. "I have decided that the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport is by relocating this year's All-Star Game and MLB Draft."

The decision follows calls from as the White House to consider moving the midsummer classic out of Atlanta.

In his statement, Manfred said MLB "fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box." Manfred said MLB would continue to celebrate the memory of Hank Aaron, who died in January, during the All-Star festivities.

No new site for the All-Star Game or draft were announced.
[Reply]
eDave 10:53 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Well I'd say the same about "Trumpers" too. Imagine putting your faith in a politician .Society is broken.
Right? Though I've never, in all my years, seen a devotion to a man like I see with Trump. Whack.
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:03 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Well I'd say the same about "Trumpers" too. Imagine putting your faith in a politician .Society is broken.
Every single one of your posts is pretty much exactly the same. Which is totally fine but I figure you would want a little variety in your life. It is actually amazing you went a single post without using the word pathetic.
[Reply]
eDave 11:04 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Every single one of your posts is pretty much exactly the same. Which is totally fine but I figure you would want a little variety in your life. It is actually amazing you went a single post without using the word pathetic.
I find him to be level headed. Idolizing a politician is for losers.

It really is.
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:06 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:

It really is.
Just figure there would be a single idea beyond that but hey everyone gets to post what they want. Maybe there is some macro button where "imagine having your self worth wrapped up in..." is typed automatically so he does not have to do it every single time for his singular thought he puts out to the board.
[Reply]
eDave 11:08 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Just figure there would be a single idea beyond that but hey everyone gets to post what they want. Maybe there is some macro button where "imagine having your self worth wrapped up in..." is typed automatically so he does not have to do it every single time for his singular thought he puts out to the board.
Drive-by posters are just noise. It's a normal occurrence in even the most basic of communication process flowcharts.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 05:53 AM 04-08-2021
“I didn’t say that very artfully yesterday. They’re certainly entitled to be involved in politics. They are. My principal complaint is they didn’t read the darn bill,” McConnell said Wednesday at a press conference in Paducah, Kentucky.

Moscow Mitch played chicken with donor money and lost.
[Reply]
notorious 07:10 AM 04-08-2021
Who would have thought an emotional reaction would blow up in their face?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:42 AM 04-08-2021

It really is.
:-) says the guy who makes the most ridiculous claims about Biden imaginable, all day, every day.

The reality is the "Never Trumpers" are just as insane as the people you complain about. He still lives in your hollowed out brainless head.
[Reply]
Pogue 06:02 PM 04-08-2021
Dems shoot themselves in the foot.

pic.twitter.com/hE7FCcuxIF

— Biden Voters Posting Their L's Online (@BidenLs) April 4, 2021

[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:31 PM 04-08-2021
Idiocracy is a public health crisis
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:55 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Who would have thought an emotional reaction would blow up in their face?

Love this letter from Rubio, the commisioner is a member at Augusta National.
Attached: rubio letter.pdf (179.2 KB) 
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:45 AM 04-09-2021
hmm Interesting

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:09 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
hmm Interesting

The ability to play games with language allows groups to come up with things like this. Cutting down early voting by any amount of time is easily equated to curbing voting rights through the manipulation of language, even though it doesn't actually do anything to actually curb voting rights in any way that the prior law didn't also do.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:18 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
hmm Interesting

Dammit Arizona, we're slacking here. Need to pick up the pace.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:53 AM 04-09-2021
Right? Though I've never, in all my years, seen a devotion to a man like I see with Trump. Whack.
Wrong

[Reply]
Page 36 of 38
« First < 263233343536 3738 >
Up