ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 38
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>All Star Game Moved: MLB Trying Its Hardest to Be More Like the NBA
T-post Tom 01:09 PM 04-02-2021
So sad.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...gia-voting-law

MLB moving All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

Major League Baseball is moving the 2021 All-Star Game and 2021 draft out of Atlanta in response to a new Georgia voting law that critics say unfairly limits access to the ballot box, especially for people of color.

"Over the last week, we have engaged in thoughtful conversations with Clubs, former and current players, the Players Association, and The Players Alliance, among others, to listen to their views," MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement. "I have decided that the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport is by relocating this year's All-Star Game and MLB Draft."

The decision follows calls from as the White House to consider moving the midsummer classic out of Atlanta.

In his statement, Manfred said MLB "fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box." Manfred said MLB would continue to celebrate the memory of Hank Aaron, who died in January, during the All-Star festivities.

No new site for the All-Star Game or draft were announced.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 09:14 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
No, I'm furious with the judiciary for being too cowardly to determine veracity one way or another.

You think the judiciary should rule on every crazy piece of nonsense?
[Reply]
eDave 09:16 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
It's my money you fucking retard. I can spend it how I see fit.
Heh.
[Reply]
BDj23 09:22 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Heh.

Free market capitalism is under attack by the GQP.
Funny you think I'm a muh free market kuck and a republican too.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:24 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
You think the judiciary should rule on every crazy piece of nonsense?
We have trials with questionable evidence all the time because people don't trust either of the disputing parties.

We're having one in Minnesota right now to stave off rioting.

You think Trump is an inveterate liar and trust nothing from him. That's fine insofar as you are entitled to your opinion.

An appreciable portion of the nation has similar, and similarly legitimate, reservations about the honesty, transparency and legitimacy of those tabulating and certifying.

Instead of oppositional interests each pleading 'trust us' this is why we HAVE a judiciary. And they punted, out of cowardice.

If they honestly sensed they were capable of laying out the evidence and coming to the same conclusion they avoided procedurally, that would have only enhanced the legitimacy of the result. They avoided it procedurally because they sensed they couldn't and feared the backlash of failure, whether by overturning due to the merits, or laying out a rationale for certification that didn't pass muster based on the evidence adduced.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:26 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Just when I thought I couldn't care any less about baseball, they go and do this

Someone needs to reach down and grab their nuts for once, maybe it'll be the Georgia GOP... but don't go holding your breath

You have to be 60+ to really like baseball. Kids nowadays donít watch it.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:28 PM 04-02-2021

In the 80's, 20% of @MLB players were black. Today, it's 8%. @MLB has systematically discriminated against blacks for 30+ years now. The great Hank Aaron is turning over in his grave. BOYCOTT @MLB NOW! https://t.co/q984DVVnng @EWErickson @wsbradio

— Chris Krok (@chriskrokshow) April 3, 2021

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:28 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
You have to be 60+ to really like baseball. Kids nowadays don’t watch it.
Unless you are in the fall classic or WS, regular season baseball, even MLB is just an expensive but fairly pleasant excuse to get drunk on a nice sunny day sitting in an uncomfortable chair surrounded by a crowd.

150-odd games per team, . . . OMIGOD the stakes are enormous!!
[Reply]
eDave 09:31 PM 04-02-2021
Funny you think I'm a muh free market kuck and a republican too.
Touche'. I've updated my post.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:32 PM 04-02-2021
It's my money you ****ing retard. I can spend it how I see fit.
^Cancel Culture Warrior
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:38 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Sports intermixing with politics? Yes, very much.
You realize we have been singing the national anthem before every game since WW2, right? That sports has been used as a recruiting device for the military, right?

Have these things bothered you as well?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:40 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
You realize we have been singing the national anthem before every game since WW2, right? That sports has been used as a recruiting device for the military, right?
Have these things bothered you as well?
Do you consider all expressions of national unity, regardless of a lack of partisan content, political?

If you eschew all signifiers of national commonality, do you also reject all benefits of citizenship?
[Reply]
eDave 09:42 PM 04-02-2021
I'm not sure I'd consider those two examples as political.

:-)
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:44 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Do you consider all expressions of national unity, regardless of a lack of partisan content, political?
No.

Originally Posted by :
If you eschew all signifiers of national commonality, do you also reject all benefits of citizenship?
I don't so... no.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:45 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
No.

I don't so... no.
Do you consider a national anthem or promotion of service partisan?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:49 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I'm not sure I'd consider those two examples as political.

:-)
Looking at the history of the national anthem at sporting events would suggest its purpose was/is to stir up nationalism as a political tool. Same goes for it being used as a tool for recruitment.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 38
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up