ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Vaccine passports????
petegz28 08:09 AM 03-30-2021
Seem rather ridiculous and I cannot see how it's legal. We have people who do take vaccines on the basis of their religion. Is that now not a thing?
[Reply]
penguinz 03:35 PM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
How about you show us where it doesn't since you making a claim just as much as he is?
It's common sense if you've ever been to a doctor and signed the form. I just signed it again last week.

Where did you get that idea anyway?
So you donít know what/who HIPAA applies to. Thank you for finally admitting to it.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:44 PM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
So you donít know what/who HIPAA applies to. Thank you for finally admitting to it.
So you dont know. Applies to most BEP stuff.
[Reply]
eDave 05:49 PM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
HIPAA applies only to entities which are tasked with maintaining health information (i.e., the medical field, employers) it does not apply to private businesses choosing which customers to do business with.

The ADA applies to permanent, non contagious disabilities, not COVID-19.
You know what sucks? That stuttering is not protected under ADA. I've lost a few jobs over it and blew a ton of interviews.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 05:51 PM 03-30-2021
HIPAA applies only to entities which are tasked with maintaining health information (i.e., the medical field, employers) it does not apply to private businesses choosing which customers to do business with.

The ADA applies to permanent, non contagious disabilities, not COVID-19.
Wrong
[Reply]
BleedingRed 05:56 PM 03-30-2021
Side note: Donít @ me if you clearly donít know shit about HIPAA
[Reply]
Bump 05:59 PM 03-30-2021
fucking conspiracy theorists amiright
[Reply]
BleedingRed 05:59 PM 03-30-2021
Seriously private company forces you to expose PHI or ePHI to shop is a violation of HIPAA its a retarded debate. No private entity has a right to your medical information, and forcing people to expose their information would violate federal and many state HIPAA laws.

Add in the fact that if you turned someone away who refused to show medical records it would be clear cut discrimination....

How fucking dumb do you have to be?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:03 PM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
HIPAA applies to all PHI and ePHI..... so yeah a private business forcing you to expose either would be a violation of HIPAA.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:08 PM 03-30-2021
Wrong,

First of all HIPAA applies to any PHI and ePHI. Law Firms, Accounting offices, CROís etc all have to be HIPAA compliant when dealing with anything.

Every employer has to be HIPAA compliant when dealing with their employees insurance etc.

Again you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 06:11 PM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
:-) You've already faceplanted on this and had plenty of chances to correct me and others. You haven't.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:13 PM 03-30-2021
The Electronic Privacy Information Center recently got access through a Freedom of Information Act request to a presentation made by Schmidt’s NSCAI one year ago, in May 2019. Its slides make a series of alarmist claims about how China’s relatively lax regulatory infrastructure and its bottomless appetite for surveillance are causing it to pull ahead of the U.S. in a number of fields, including “AI for medical diagnosis,” autonomous vehicles, digital infrastructure, “smart cities,” ride-sharing, and cashless commerce.

The reasons given for China’s competitive edge are myriad, ranging from the sheer volume of consumers who shop online; “the lack of legacy banking systems in China,” which has allowed it to leapfrog over cash and credit cards and unleash “a huge e-commerce and digital services market” using “digital payments”; and a severe doctor shortage, which has led the government to work closely with tech companies like Tencent to use AI for “predictive” medicine. The slides note that in China, tech companies “have the authority to quickly clear regulatory barriers while American initiatives are mired in HIPPA compliance and FDA approval.”

More than any other factor, however, the NSCAI points to China’s willingness to embrace public-private partnerships in mass surveillance and data collection as a reason for its competitive edge. The presentation touts China’s “Explicit government support and involvement e.g. facial recognition deployment.” It argues that “surveillance is one of the ‘first-and-best customers’ for Al” and further, that “mass surveillance is a killer application for deep learning.”

A slide titled “State Datasets: Surveillance = Smart Cities” notes that China, along with Google’s main Chinese competitor, Alibaba, are racing ahead.

Unless these trends change, in the 2030s we will be competing with a country that has a bigger economy, more research and development investments, better research, wider deployment of new technologies and stronger computing infrastructure. … Ultimately, the Chinese are competing to become the world’s leading innovators, and the United States is not playing to win.

The only solution, for Schmidt, was a gusher of public money. Praising the White House for requesting a doubling of research funding in AI and quantum information science, he wrote: “We should plan to double funding in those fields again as we build institutional capacity in labs and research centers. … At the same time, Congress should meet the president’s request for the highest level of defense R & D funding in over 70 years, and the Defense Department should capitalize on that resource surge to build breakthrough capabilities in A.I., quantum, hypersonics and other priority technology areas.”

That was exactly two weeks before the coronavirus outbreak was declared a pandemic, and there was no mention that a goal of this vast, high-tech expansion was to protect American health. Only that it was necessary to avoid being outcompeted by China. But, of course, that would soon change.

Tech provides us with powerful tools, but not every solution is technological. And the trouble with outsourcing key decisions about how to “reimagine” our states and cities to men like Bill Gates and Eric Schmidt is that they have spent their lives demonstrating the belief that there is no problem that technology cannot fix.

For them, and many others in Silicon Valley, the pandemic is a golden opportunity to receive not just the gratitude, but the deference and power that they feel has been unjustly denied. And Andrew Cuomo, by putting the former Google chair in charge of the body that will shape the state’s reopening, appears to have just given him something close to free reign.

https://theintercept.com/2020/05/08/...hock-doctrine/

So this shows the biggest players looking for large Public-Private partnerships, especially to compete with China in high tech and surveillance technologies. What a wonderful opportunity!
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:16 PM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
:-) You've already faceplanted on this and had plenty of chances to correct me and others. You haven't.
I guess you got confused when I said PHI and ePHI?
[Reply]
eDave 06:21 PM 03-30-2021
I've learned a lot about it through you, so thanks.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 06:24 PM 03-30-2021
I guess you got confused when I said PHI and ePHI?
nope
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:36 PM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I've learned a lot about it through you, so thanks.
Glad to be of service, see people do change
[Reply]
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up