ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Pro Day Updates
RunKC 01:29 PM 03-06-2021
Thought this was a good place to put this stuff.

Eric Stokes CB Georgia. 6í1Ē and has excellent speed

#Georgia CB Eric Stokes just ran a 4.25 (Unofficially)
If accurate it would be the 3rd fastest 40 yd dash time ever💨

Below is a video (no sound)#NFL #NFLDraft #NFLCombine #HOACombine pic.twitter.com/6lnPdaeIad

— Gridiron Drive 🏈 (@GridironDrives) March 5, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 10:31 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Just helping out with the "not a LT" thing.
I disagree.

I think theyíre both capable, and itís certainly arguable.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:35 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Some have had him going ahead of Darrisaw throughout the process.

He's definitely going round 1, not a doubt in my mind.
I said I definitely do not think he makes it out of the 1st.

The point was, some of the best in the business do and thereís really no consensus outside of the top tier guys.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:38 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Cosmi has a 1000 times chance of starting day 1 at LT over guys like Spencer Brown, Dillon Radunz, James Hudson, and so on that I've seen thrown around. Most of those guys, outside of Radunz, are consider 3rd to 4th round prospects for a reason. They are not starting day 1 or season 1. None of them. I'll eat that crow for sure if it happens.

If a LT that might be able to start day 1 falls to 31, it'll be Little because of the no football thing and he's going to have some serious rust to knock off.
I don’t think any rookie will/should be starting day 1.

That’s why I’m signing Okung.

Because I don’t want to have a rookie starting day 1 and I want flexibility in the draft should the board/trades not work out in my favor.

I’m all for being aggressive. In fact, that’s my preference. I just don’t believe going into the draft trying to force a need is a good plan.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:51 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I donít think any rookie will/should be starting day 1.

Thatís why Iím signing Okung.

Because I donít want to have a rookie starting day 1 and I want flexibility in the draft should the board/trades not work out in my favor.

Iím all for being aggressive. In fact, thatís my preference. I just donít believe going into the draft trying to force a need is a good plan.
Exactly.

Trying to force a need is a good way to get fleeced in a trade.

The Chiefs need to be prudent here and not panic like people here.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:58 PM 03-23-2021
Do you guys want reality? Here, I'll bitch slap you in the face with it...

Teams that are in the LT sweepstakes...

The maybe's:
Carolina Panthers - Greg Little has played 2 seasons, started 3 games in each, ended up on IR both years.
Dallas Cowboys - Tyron Smith has had issues with injuries and just had neck surgery so who knows for sure.
Jacksonville Jaguars - Cam Robinson got the franchise tag, probably more due to insurance than anything as he sucks but who else would they get in free agency?
Minnesota Vikings - Do they plan to move Ezra Cleveland from G to T? Maybe, but if not they need a starter.
Washington Whatevers - It seems they are willing to give Geron Christion a chance, but he's suffered knee injuries in back-to-back years and is more of a RT than LT. They're closer to for sure than maybe, in my opinion.

The for sure's:
Indianapolis Colts - They signed Sam Tevi (blah) as insurance but need a starter.
Kansas City Chiefs - No starter, hell no depth.
Los Angeles Chargers - Also no starter and don't really have depth.
Pittsburgh Steelers - Okorafor steps in at RT but no starter or depth at LT.
New Orleans Saints - This is the last year for Terron Armstead. They could make him a June 1 cut and move on if they get a guy now. They may not go round 1 here, but they will at least go developmental here.


Teams that could be in the hunt at least for a RT and might steal a fringe LT:
Green Bay - Losing Wagner hurts and they have no plan behind him
Miami Dolphins - They might give Jackson and Hunt another year at LT and RT but we can't say 100% yet.
Tennessee Titans - Wilson was a huge bust and Lamm is nothing more than insurance. They may not look round 1 but RT will be on the radar.

And you want to think all of these tackles are going to fall? Not a chance.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:10 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Do you guys want reality? Here, I'll bitch slap you in the face with it...

Teams that are in the LT sweepstakes...

The maybe's:
Carolina Panthers - Greg Little has played 2 seasons, started 3 games in each, ended up on IR both years.
Dallas Cowboys - Tyron Smith has had issues with injuries and just had neck surgery so who knows for sure.
Jacksonville Jaguars - Cam Robinson got the franchise tag, probably more due to insurance than anything as he sucks but who else would they get in free agency?
Minnesota Vikings - Do they plan to move Ezra Cleveland from G to T? Maybe, but if not they need a starter.
Washington Whatevers - It seems they are willing to give Geron Christion a chance, but he's suffered knee injuries in back-to-back years and is more of a RT than LT. They're closer to for sure than maybe, in my opinion.

The for sure's:
Indianapolis Colts - They signed Sam Tevi (blah) as insurance but need a starter.
Kansas City Chiefs - No starter, hell no depth.
Los Angeles Chargers - Also no starter and don't really have depth.
Pittsburgh Steelers - Okorafor steps in at RT but no starter or depth at LT.
New Orleans Saints - This is the last year for Terron Armstead. They could make him a June 1 cut and move on if they get a guy now. They may not go round 1 here, but they will at least go developmental here.


Teams that could be in the hunt at least for a RT and might steal a fringe LT:
Green Bay - Losing Wagner hurts and they have no plan behind him
Miami Dolphins - They might give Jackson and Hunt another year at LT and RT but we can't say 100% yet.
Tennessee Titans - Wilson was a huge bust and Lamm is nothing more than insurance. They may not look round 1 but RT will be on the radar.

And you want to think all of these tackles are going to fall? Not a chance.
Fall to where?

Not even a 3rd of those teams will select a tackle in the first round.

The 4th tackle will likely go off the board around pick 20 and the 5th around 25.

There is ZERO reason to trade up more than 10 or so spots.

This team is not getting Sewell, Slater, or Darrisaw. It's not going to happen.

A guy like Cosmi could potentially be within reach with a small trade up, and probably Jenkins too.

After that, there's going to be any number of guys available at 31.
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:11 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Rondale Moore measured in at 5í7Ē? Damn what is it with these tiny receivers?
Would it matter if he was 5í10Ē? He clocked a 4.29 40 and a 42.5Ē vertical. Iím sure the 40 is inaccurate like most pro days but if heís healthy, heís a game breaker. Alvin Kamari is 5í10Ē. Who cares...
[Reply]
kccrow 11:11 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I donít think any rookie will/should be starting day 1.

Thatís why Iím signing Okung.

Because I donít want to have a rookie starting day 1 and I want flexibility in the draft should the board/trades not work out in my favor.

Iím all for being aggressive. In fact, thatís my preference. I just donít believe going into the draft trying to force a need is a good plan.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

Trying to force a need is a good way to get fleeced in a trade.

The Chiefs need to be prudent here and not panic like people here.
If Veach follows this philosophy, we're going to have a ton of fun watching Mahomes run for his life this year.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:14 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Fall to where?

Not even a 3rd of those teams will select a tackle in the first round.

The 4th tackle will likely go off the board around pick 20 and the 5th around 25.

There is ZERO reason to trade up more than 10 or so spots.

This team is not getting Sewell, Slater, or Darrisaw. It's not going to happen.

A guy like Cosmi could potentially be within reach with a small trade up, and probably Jenkins too.

After that, there's going to be any number of guys available at 31.
I haven't said they have to trade up 20 spots for Darrisaw.

I'm saying they have to trade up if they want a legit day 1 starter at the position because none of the ones that are will fall to 31.

Jenkins isn't a LT in the NFL, help me God. He's a great fit for GB at RT though, and probably will be their pick.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:15 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I haven't said they have to trade up 20 spots for Darrisaw.

I'm saying they have to trade up if they want a legit day 1 starter at the position because none of the ones that are will fall to 31.

Jenkins isn't a LT in the NFL, help me God. He's a great fit for GB at RT though, and probably will be their pick.
I never said Jenkins was a LT. I don't think he is. But he will likely be the 5th guy off the board at this point, around pick 25 barring any big surprises (there's always at least one every year, Mayfield could be that guy IMO).
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:17 PM 03-23-2021
And for the record, I'm not convinced Sam Cosmi will be ready to play LT in the NFL the very first day.

The bottom line is that the 3 guys that FOR SURE can start day 1 will all be out of reach.

So you're barking up the wrong tree here. We could trade up for Cosmi and get a better chance at getting a day 1 starter but it's not 100%. Or we could trade up for Jenkins, who probably isn't even a left tackle.

They're going to have to sign a stop-gap no matter what.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:18 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Fall to where?

Not even a 3rd of those teams will select a tackle in the first round.

The 4th tackle will likely go off the board around pick 20 and the 5th around 25.

There is ZERO reason to trade up more than 10 or so spots.

This team is not getting Sewell, Slater, or Darrisaw. It's not going to happen.

A guy like Cosmi could potentially be within reach with a small trade up, and probably Jenkins too.

After that, there's going to be any number of guys available at 31.
Not even a 3rd?

1/3 don't have a starter at LT. What the heck man.

Someone is probably going to take Sewell early that doesn't need a LT but they'll gladly move their young LT over to RT.

And we also think that 3 other teams without a starter either are going to just sit there and let a LT slide by for the Chiefs?

That's absurd.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:21 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Not even a 3rd?

1/3 don't have a starter at LT. What the heck man.

Someone is probably going to take Sewell early that doesn't need a LT but they'll gladly move their young LT over to RT.

And we also think that 3 other teams without a starter either are going to just sit there and let a LT slide by for the Chiefs?

That's absurd.
I just said TWICE that I thought FIVE tackles would go before 31. Five.

Possibly 6. But after the first 3, the second three all have question marks.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:23 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
If Veach follows this philosophy, we're going to have a ton of fun watching Mahomes run for his life this year.
Oh stop with the fucking hyperbole. This team trotted out Cam Erving at LT for several games and other than the fat fuck unluckily stepping on his ankle, it wasn’t ever THAT bad.

If they had Okung, Niang, Tega-Wanogho, and D’Ante Smith they’d be just fine. Worst case scenario you don’t like what you see from the young guys in TC and you start making plans to sign Fisher.

That’s a lot of young talent though, I feel confident that somebody can at least be a serviceable backup to Okung for a year.

That’s without even mentioning the fact that whoever is playing LT’s job will be a lot easier playing next to Thuney.

I really don’t think it’s as bad as you’re making it out to be, and I also don’t think a young guy that needs some development like Cosmi is going to come in and completely change that.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 11:26 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Would it matter if he was 5í10Ē? He clocked a 4.29 40 and a 42.5Ē vertical. Iím sure the 40 is inaccurate like most pro days but if heís healthy, heís a game breaker. Alvin Kamari is 5í10Ē. Who cares...
Just no. We have one Tyreek... He's one of one. Let's these other teams keep swinging at air trying to score their own Cheetah
[Reply]
Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up