ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 31
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. DíAnte Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
RunKC 09:21 AM 03-27-2021
1st rd tackles

Penei Sewell
Rashawn Slater
Christian Darrisaw
Alijah Vera-Tucker-some teams think he can play tackle
Sam Cosmi
Teven Jenkins
Liam Eichenberg

2nd rd tackles

Brady Christensen
Jalen Mayfield-some teams think he can play tackle
Dillon Radunz
Walker Little

3rd rd tackles

Spencer Brown
James Hudson

Talent is going to dry up after the first 40 picks IMO. Not sure I see how we can even think of getting a tackle that’s not developmental after 31 unless we trade a lot of resources to go in the top 40 from 63
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:03 AM 03-27-2021
How many OTs do you think are going in the first 65 picks? There are other groups out there that teams need.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:05 PM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
How many OTs do you think are going in the first 65 picks? There are other groups out there that teams need.
That list is fairly legit, to be honest.

Look at the last 2 years:

2020
1-4. Andrew Thomas, LT, Georgia (NYG)
1-10. Jedrick Wills, LT, Alabama (CLE)
1-11. Mekhi Becton, LT, Louisville (NYJ)
1-13. Tristan Wirfs, RT, Iowa (TB)
1-18. Austin Jackson, LT, USC (MIA)
1-24. Cesar Ruiz, RG (OC), Michigan (NO)
1-29. Isaiah Wilson, RT, Georgia (TEN)
2-39. Robert Hunt, RT, Lousiana (MIA)
2-58. Ezra Cleveland, RG (OT), Boise State
3-69. Damien Lewis, LG, LSU (SEA)
3-72. Josh Jones, LT, Houson (ARZ) backup to Humphries
3-75. Jonah Jackson, RG, Ohio State (DET)
3-78. Matt Hennessy, OC, Temple (ATL)
3-83. Lloyd Cushenberry, OC, LSU (DEN)
3-96. Lucas Niang, RT, TCU (KC)
3-99. Matt Peart, RT, UConn (NYG)
3-106. Tyre Phillips, RT, Mississippi State (BAL)

RD 1 OT x 5
RD 2 OT x 2
RD 3 OT x 4

2019
1-11 Jonah Williams, LT, Alabama (CIN)
1-14 Chris Lindstrom, RG, Boston College (ATL)
1-18. Garrett Bradbury, OC, NC State (MIN)
1-22. Andre Dillard, LT, Washington State (PHI)
1-23. Tytus Howard, RT, Alabama State (HOU)
1-31. Kaleb McGary, RT, Washington (ATL)
2-35. Jawaan Taylor, RT, Florida (JAX)
2-37. Greg Little, LT, Ole Miss (CAR)
2-38. Cody Ford, RT, Oklahoma (BUF)
2-41. Dalton Risner LG (OT), Kansas State (DEN)
2-44. Elgton Jenkins, OC, Mississippi State (GB)
2-48. Erik McCoy, OC, Texas A&M (NO)
2-55. Max Scharping, LG (OT), Northern Illinois (HOU)
3-78. Michael Deiter, LG, Wisconsin (MIA) backup
3-82. Nate Davis, RG, Charlotte (TEN)
3-90. Connor McGovern, LG, Penn State (DAL) backup
3-91. Trey Pipkins, LT, Sioux Falls (LAC) backup
3-92. Chuma Edoga, LT, USC (NYJ) backup
3-97. Bobby Evans, RT, Oklahoma (LAR) backup
3-101. Yodny Cajuste, LT, West Virginia (NE) backup

RD 1 OT x 4
RD 2 OT x 5
RD 3 OT x 4


This year should be a bit of a hybrid of the two. His list has 13 OTs. 2020 had 11 and 2019 had 13 drafted in the first 3 rounds. It will be very similar again this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:12 PM 03-27-2021
There are some guys missing from that list. Some may not be a fit, and some may fall into day 3, some might end up at G, but there’s more T’s than are on that list.

D’Ante Smith
Alex Leatherwood
Jackson Carman
Josh Ball
Stone Forsythe
Jaylon Moore
[Reply]
RunKC 12:13 PM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
That list is fairly legit, to be honest.

Look at the last 2 years:

2020
1-4. Andrew Thomas, LT, Georgia (NYG)
1-10. Jedrick Wills, LT, Alabama (CLE)
1-11. Mekhi Becton, LT, Louisville (NYJ)
1-13. Tristan Wirfs, RT, Iowa (TB)
1-18. Austin Jackson, LT, USC (MIA)
1-24. Cesar Ruiz, RG (OC), Michigan (NO)
1-29. Isaiah Wilson, RT, Georgia (TEN)
2-39. Robert Hunt, RT, Lousiana (MIA)
2-58. Ezra Cleveland, RG (OT), Boise State
3-69. Damien Lewis, LG, LSU (SEA)
3-72. Josh Jones, LT, Houson (ARZ) backup to Humphries
3-75. Jonah Jackson, RG, Ohio State (DET)
3-78. Matt Hennessy, OC, Temple (ATL)
3-83. Lloyd Cushenberry, OC, LSU (DEN)
3-96. Lucas Niang, RT, TCU (KC)
3-99. Matt Peart, RT, UConn (NYG)
3-106. Tyre Phillips, RT, Mississippi State (BAL)

RD 1 OT x 5
RD 2 OT x 2
RD 3 OT x 4

2019
1-11 Jonah Williams, LT, Alabama (CIN)
1-14 Chris Lindstrom, RG, Boston College (ATL)
1-18. Garrett Bradbury, OC, NC State (MIN)
1-22. Andre Dillard, LT, Washington State (PHI)
1-23. Tytus Howard, RT, Alabama State (HOU)
1-31. Kaleb McGary, RT, Washington (ATL)
2-35. Jawaan Taylor, RT, Florida (JAX)
2-37. Greg Little, LT, Ole Miss (CAR)
2-38. Cody Ford, RT, Oklahoma (BUF)
2-41. Dalton Risner LG (OT), Kansas State (DEN)
2-44. Elgton Jenkins, OC, Mississippi State (GB)
2-48. Erik McCoy, OC, Texas A&M (NO)
2-55. Max Scharping, LG (OT), Northern Illinois (HOU)
3-78. Michael Deiter, LG, Wisconsin (MIA) backup
3-82. Nate Davis, RG, Charlotte (TEN)
3-90. Connor McGovern, LG, Penn State (DAL) backup
3-91. Trey Pipkins, LT, Sioux Falls (LAC) backup
3-92. Chuma Edoga, LT, USC (NYJ) backup
3-97. Bobby Evans, RT, Oklahoma (LAR) backup
3-101. Yodny Cajuste, LT, West Virginia (NE) backup

RD 1 OT x 4
RD 2 OT x 5
RD 3 OT x 4


This year should be a bit of a hybrid of the two. His list has 13 OTs. 2020 had 11 and 2019 had 13 drafted in the first 3 rounds. It will be very similar again this year.
That canít be! Staylor said I was making this all up :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:15 PM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
How many OTs do you think are going in the first 65 picks? There are other groups out there that teams need.
10 or 11. I think 5 or maybe 6 go before the Chiefs at 31.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:15 PM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That can’t be! Staylor said I was making this all up :-)
Umm no.

1. You didn’t include all of the T’s.

2. You talk like every T is going to be gone before our picks.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:19 PM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
10 or 11. I think 5 or maybe 6 go before the Chiefs at 31.
But people also need to factor that teams look at different things when it comes to LT. We arenít looking at every LT as a starter in our offense. Just like there are LTs that arenít going to fit in a run first offense.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:20 PM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
But people also need to factor that teams look at different things when it comes to LT. We aren’t looking at every LT as a starter in our offense. Just like there are LTs that aren’t going to fit in a run first offense.
Exactly. For example, Leatherwood isn’t a LT for us, but for a team like the Steelers?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:36 PM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
10 or 11. I think 5 or maybe 6 go before the Chiefs at 31.
Thatís why I think we might be pigeon holed into having to use our first pick on tackle. I think there will be at least 5 taken in td 1, maybe 6.

We canít trade up from 63 to the 40ís without giving up a ton, so that seems unrealistic.

Youíre looking at Walker Little and scraps after pick 50 IMO.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:42 PM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Thatís why I think we might be pigeon holed into having to use our first pick on tackle. I think there will be at least 5 taken in td 1, maybe 6.

We canít trade up from 63 to the 40ís without giving up a ton, so that seems unrealistic.

Youíre looking at Walker Little and scraps after pick 50 IMO.
What is this ton that youíre talking about? A 3rd round pick this year? A 2nd round pick next year?

How is that a ton but people are down for trading a first next year to move up in the first for a LT they arenít even sure that the Chiefs are interested in.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:58 PM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s why I think we might be pigeon holed into having to use our first pick on tackle. I think there will be at least 5 taken in td 1, maybe 6.

We can’t trade up from 63 to the 40’s without giving up a ton, so that seems unrealistic.

You’re looking at Walker Little and scraps after pick 50 IMO.
:-) No

There are some guys that require some development, but I wouldn’t call them “scraps” by any means.

What I don’t get is, you say this, but then you turn around and talk about how great this OT class is. It makes no sense.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:11 PM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-) No

There are some guys that require some development, but I wouldn’t call them “scraps” by any means.
Not all of them fit what Andy wants in a LT. Pretty much every OL Andy has drafted here has been very tall. At least 6’5. Only Allegretti and McKenzie were shorter than 6’5”. Just saw Fulton is listed as 6’5” but his draft profile is 6’4.5”.

Andy clearly has a preference on tackles. I don’t think guys like James Hudson fits that mold.

Originally Posted by staylor26:
What I don’t get is, you say this, but then you turn around and talk about how great this OT class is. It makes no sense.
There were 3 OT’s drafted in the first rd in 2018. There were 4 in 2019. There’s probably going to be 5 or 6 this year + a couple that could be 1st Rd picks on teams boards in the early 2nd.

Just because a draft is deep at a position doesn’t mean you can get a great player in rd 3. 2016 draft was insane with DL talent and the talent dried up mid 2nd rd.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:37 PM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not all of them fit what Andy wants in a LT. Pretty much every OL Andy has drafted here has been very tall. At least 6’5. Only Allegretti and McKenzie were shorter than 6’5”. Just saw Fulton is listed as 6’5” but his draft profile is 6’4.5”.

Andy clearly has a preference on tackles. I don’t think guys like James Hudson fits that mold.



There were 3 OT’s drafted in the first rd in 2018. There were 4 in 2019. There’s probably going to be 5 or 6 this year + a couple that could be 1st Rd picks on teams boards in the early 2nd.

Just because a draft is deep at a position doesn’t mean you can get a great player in rd 3. 2016 draft was insane with DL talent and the talent dried up mid 2nd rd.
But we’re talking about the totality of the class. Not every team is going to have the same philosophy and scheme fit. That pushes guys down as well like Franchise and I have been saying.

Also, most of the guys I listed at 6’5”+.

Ball and Forythe are two guys that I think are really slept on as fits for us. Both are 6’8”+, and their strength is pass protection. Those 2 are extremely underrated.

Now, I’d rather not wait until the 3rd round to get our guy, but there will certainly be talent available with starting LT upside. I mean we just got a 1st round caliber talent in the 3rd last year, and the depth is actually better this year. Last years class was just better at the top.

The point is, I agree with you that this is a great OT class, but it’s even better than you think.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:07 PM 03-27-2021
I’ve yet to see anyone saying that they would wait until the 3rd round to grab a LT. Most everyone is saying take one at 31, trade down and take one or trade up in the 2nd for one.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 31
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up