Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Kristi Noem: Lighting It Up at CPAC
T-post Tom 01:40 PM 02-28-2021
:-)

[Reply]
Pogue 08:43 PM 03-26-2021
Arkansas didnít cave.

Arkansas becomes 2nd state to ban trans girls from female sports https://t.co/poWp5zMXYo

— Forbes (@Forbes) March 26, 2021

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:01 PM 03-29-2021
Noem decided to double down on the caving/stupidity.

Only girls should play girls’ sports. Given the legislature’s failure to accept my proposed revisions to HB 1217, I am immediately signing two executive orders to address this issue: one to protect fairness in K-12 athletics, and another to do so in college athletics. (1/3)

— Governor Kristi Noem (@govkristinoem) March 29, 2021

"I want to avoid lawsuits we can't win" says the woman who apparently doesn't know that executive actions are more likely to be overturned by lawsuits than are actual legislatively passed laws.

Of course, she knows that they are, and she's acted accordingly, with a CYA attempt that'll mean nothing.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:36 PM 03-29-2021

Is there a bigger bunch of cowards in the entire Republican Party than the Texas GOP? Kristi Noem tried to pull ahead by caving to the NCAA and Amazon, but the Texas GOP is working hard to catch up. https://t.co/ggF70jEVDl

— Pedro L. Gonzalez (@emeriticus) March 29, 2021

[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:45 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Noem decided to double down on the caving/stupidity.

"I want to avoid lawsuits we can't win" says the woman who apparently doesn't know that executive actions are more likely to be overturned by lawsuits than are actual legislatively passed laws.

Of course, she knows that they are, and she's acted accordingly, with a CYA attempt that'll mean nothing.
I don't understand why this is such a litmus test.

I mean, I understand the underlying motivation for maintaining the distinction between male and female in sporting competition. I don't understand the 'take this bill as written and be a hero, or if you have any criticism whatsoever you are a traitor.'

EOs can certainly be challenged, but they're also nimble enough that they can be rescinded expeditiously when the issue is resolved. Or they can be tweaked if challenges have merit.

The legislative process is long and labyrinthine, by design. But it also means that if successfully challenged it's back to the drawing board on all of it. And who knows how the 'drawing board' [legislature] will be composed in the future after taking a beating over a poorly composed law.

If Noem is an idjit, she's an idjit. If she's a rising star, she's a rising star. I just don't see the case being made that this particular spat is sufficient to be dispositive, unless conservatives are buying into the virtue-signaling style over substance 'just pass something, even if it doesn't work' stupidity that is a big part of my beef with the left.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 08:18 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I don't understand why this is such a litmus test.

I mean, I understand the underlying motivation for maintaining the distinction between male and female in sporting competition. I don't understand the 'take this bill as written and be a hero, or if you have any criticism whatsoever you are a traitor.'

EOs can certainly be challenged, but they're also nimble enough that they can be rescinded expeditiously when the issue is resolved. Or they can be tweaked if challenges have merit.

The legislative process is long and labyrinthine, by design. But it also means that if successfully challenged it's back to the drawing board on all of it. And who knows how the 'drawing board' [legislature] will be composed in the future after taking a beating over a poorly composed law.

If Noem is an idjit, she's an idjit. If she's a rising star, she's a rising star. I just don't see the case being made that this particular spat is sufficient to be dispositive, unless conservatives are buying into the virtue-signaling style over substance 'just pass something, even if it doesn't work' stupidity that is a big part of my beef with the left.
She caved, needlessly and because of pressure from businesses that have an agenda that's bad for the country. Think hard on why that's become a real problem for the right nowadays.

The question shouldn't be you asking me why this is a litmus test issue. The question you should be asking is why you haven't figured out that the right has got to start demanding these litmus tests.

And the legislative process issue was done. It had already passed. The bill was on her desk to sign.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:43 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
She caved, needlessly and because of pressure from businesses that have an agenda that's bad for the country. Think hard on why that's become a real problem for the right nowadays.

The question shouldn't be you asking me why this is a litmus test issue. The question you should be asking is why you haven't figured out that the right has got to start demanding these litmus tests.

And the legislative process issue was done. It had already passed. The bill was on her desk to sign.
She caved, . . . but authored and signed the EO?

You want to summarize the distinction between her EO and the legislation that was fundamentally dispositive of everything you stand for?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:25 PM 03-29-2021

You want to summarize the distinction between her EO and the legislation that was fundamentally dispositive of everything you stand for?
He already did.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:41 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
He already did.
No he didn't, and neither did you.

But that's fine.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:17 PM 03-29-2021
No he didn't, and neither did you.

But that's fine.
Try to read

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:29 PM 03-29-2021
Try to read

Yes, the legislation was there to sign, and she signed the EO instead.

My question was what the dispositive distinction between them was that mandated his position on her decision.
[Reply]
Pogue 10:40 PM 03-29-2021
Try to read

Not only that but she said she would sign it before engaging in capitulation to big business.

In South Dakota, we're celebrating #InternationalWomensDay by defending women's sports! I'm excited to sign this bill very soon. https://t.co/OU15HOwp2r

— Governor Kristi Noem (@govkristinoem) March 8, 2021

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:22 AM 03-30-2021

Did you not read the changes she made to the initial legislation? Do you not realize that the changes came after her initial enthusiasm about signing it?

In South Dakota, we're celebrating #InternationalWomensDay by defending women's sports! I'm excited to sign this bill very soon. https://t.co/OU15HOwp2r

— Governor Kristi Noem (@govkristinoem) March 8, 2021

Here is the text of the first a/k/a k-12 EO:

https://governor.sd.gov/doc/2021-05.pdf

Here is the text of the second a/k/a college EO:

https://governor.sd.gov/doc/2021-06.pdf

And here's her general counsel acknowledging the obvious while pretending it's not a capitulation, because the "temporary fix" fixed nothing:

Originally Posted by :
Neither of the governor's orders mention transgender athletes specifically but Mark Miller, the governor's general counsel, says because legislators did not approve Noem's changes to the bill, she issued the orders as a temporary fix.
https://www.nhpr.org/post/south-dako...xecutive-order

She's got time to re-grow her political balls and fix the self-created disaster, but she'll never be looked at the same, and she'll, deservedly, never be fully trusted again. That's just the reality of today's politics.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:52 AM 03-30-2021
Saw lawyer Barnes video last night and he covered Noem on this issue. He said what I said, she's a corporatist protecting her corporatist buddies. He said her excuse of lawsuits has no real fact bearing.

I laughed when he called her "Nikki Haley dressed up as Trump."
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:01 AM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I laughed when he called her "Nikki Haley dressed up as Trump."
Nikki and Noem work for big biz and Israel.

Theyíll be happy to take your vote if you give it. But you arenít their customer.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:36 AM 03-30-2021
Yes, the legislation was there to sign, and she signed the EO instead.

My question was what the dispositive distinction between them was that mandated his position on her decision.
Instead of using arcane legal terminology, how 'bout you tell us what "dispositive" means and how it applies here.:-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up