« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Kristi Noem: Lighting It Up at CPAC
T-post Tom 01:40 PM 02-28-2021
:-)

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:06 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pogue:
She got owned on Tucker and effed up.
Tuck’s mistake was not asking for the names of these supposed “legal scholars” who told her this. She can’t refuse to answer that, or else she’s admitting it’s a secretive process kept from her own voters.

According to Jack Posobiec, the “scholars” are from our fine friends at The Federalist Society.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:12 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I didn't get that but then it was only a short clip. At least she appeared. Look, I didn't like it at first when I got one of my subscribed emails about it calling it a betrayal. I'm just willing to hear her side. If you've got something specific policy-wise about how her position doesn't do what she claims, I am willing to listen but just saying she was owned by Tucker, who has wrong on occasion, isn't going to do it for me. Same goes to PB too, but I see he later posted something specific.

Originally Posted by :
...But most notably, she rejected their calls for bans at the collegiate level, telling lawmakers it could mean South Dakota athletes lose out in national tournaments, as the NCAA has inclusion policies for transgender student athletes.

"While I certainly do not always agree with the actions these sanctioning bodies take, I understand that collegiate athletics requires such a system – a fifty-state patchwork is not workable," she said...
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/noe...r-women-sports
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 03:12 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
:-)

Next time you're taking out big money from the bank, let me know. I'll be sure to be just outside the door when you exit.
Of course your busted ass would consider $900 “big money”.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:14 PM 03-23-2021
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/noe...r-women-sports
I remember her citing the NCAA, as they would sue her state which would be very expensive and her side would lose.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:22 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Of course your busted ass would consider $900 “big money”.
That's a pathetic troll attempt, even for you. You probably took weeks to come up with that, too.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:22 PM 03-23-2021
I remember her citing the NCAA, as they would sue her state which would be very expensive and her side would lose.
Has the NCAA ever sued a state?
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 03:30 PM 03-23-2021
That's a pathetic troll attempt, even for you. You probably took weeks to come up with that, too.
That’s not a denial, fuckstick.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:34 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I don't know. It would be good to know. You tell me. I am just being devils advocate here.

What I do know is political activists have been busy using the courts what they can't get by legislation; or groups come to their aid and sue for them or use someone who claims discrimination or were harmed.

Does her legislature have enough votes to override her if she vetoes it?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:36 PM 03-23-2021
Tuck’s mistake was not asking for the names of these supposed “legal scholars” who told her this. She can’t refuse to answer that, or else she’s admitting it’s a secretive process kept from her own voters.

According to Jack Posobiec, the “scholars” are from our fine friends at The Federalist Society.
Ah, good info.
[Reply]
Shields68 03:42 PM 03-23-2021
Probably means that Biden Administration would sue them under title 9 or individual athlete would sue them. Not sure where the law is currently but I can see the first happening real fast.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:42 PM 03-23-2021
I don't know. It would be good to know. You tell me. I am just being devils advocate here.

The only example I could find was a case where NCAA sued New Jersey after they passed a bill allowing gambling on college sports. The case went to the SCOTUS.

And the NCAA lost.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:44 PM 03-23-2021
The only example I could find was a case where NCAA sued New Jersey after they passed a bill allowing gambling on college sports. The case went to the SCOTUS.

And the NCAA lost.
What did it cost NJ? Noem said it would be very expensive to defend. Maybe that's not true? Then again, she doesn't have the huge population that is taxed and taxed higher in her state too. Perhaps she's a fiscal conservative for real?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:45 PM 03-23-2021
What did it cost NJ? Noem said it would be very expensive to defend. Maybe that's not true? Then again, she doesn't have the huge population that is taxed and taxed higher in her state too. Perhaps she's a fiscal conservative for real?
Idaho passed this law last year. The NCAA didn’t sue them.

Noem got caught shamelessy lying.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:47 PM 03-23-2021
Idaho passed this law last year. The NCAA didn’t sue them.

Noem got caught shamelessy lying.
Not yet, they haven't. Biden wasn't president either. I doubt the Trump admin woulda' sued them.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:59 PM 03-23-2021
Okay this Townhall article convinces me more. The Syle & Form is for things like typos and grammar, but it does appear to gut the bill because it would "eliminate all reasonable enforcement mechanisms, neutering the legislation so much as to render it meaningless."

How she froze out advocates for it and only listened to those against it such as Chamber of Commerce and SD Board of Regents—corporate wings of GOP.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebecc...-veto-n2586577
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up