ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Media Center>Far Cry 5
htismaqe 02:24 PM 02-17-2021
So now that I've finally finished DA:I, I'm delving into my backlog of games.

First up is Far Cry 5. I'm having a blast so far but I'm really struggling with the bow.

I've played a lot of hunting games and I just don't understand the sights on the bow, they don't function like any other game I've ever played and there's no explanation of the pin distances. I can't hit the broad side of a barn and stealth is one of my favorite things about Far Cry.

Any tips?
[Reply]
Raiderhader 08:31 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The hunting is kind of lame. There's no reward for making good clean shots. Even with a .50 cal, head shots often only result in a wounded animal running off. I'm used to hunting sims though so that part of the game is more just a means to an end - need money to buy more guns. :-)
Hunting is a different game in Faith's region. Or at least it was before I defeated her, I'll have to venture over there at some point and see if what was still is or not.

And it has nothing to do with scoring. Faith's region is a touch on the unique side. That's one fucked up little girl.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:39 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Hunting is a different game in Faith's region. Or at least it was before I defeated her, I'll have to venture over there at some point and see if what was still is or not.

And it has nothing to do with scoring. Faith's region is a touch on the unique side. That's one fucked up little girl.
Yeah, without any spoilers, I think I know what you're talking about. It's kind of messed up.

I just find it annoying that the only way you can get an instant kill while hunting is to lure in predators and hit them with the shotgun at point blank range. They're damage sponges but unlike cultists, they don't have a designated headshot hit box. So it's really hard to get instant kills. I hate chasing stuff more than a few yards and if I hit a whitetail through and through in the chest, it shouldn't be running a half mile with holes in both lungs.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:39 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It can certainly be that way.

Of course, I mostly sneak around with a bow and 308 and snipe cult members while they're talking about the end of the world coming. :-)
that's a good idea lol

I can't remember what weapons I had. I didn't get very far in it; but definitely put some time into it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:41 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
that's a good idea lol

I can't remember what weapons I had. I didn't get very far in it; but definitely put some time into it.
I'm a big fan of playing stealth, although I've been working on assault tactics lately. SMG's in this game default to full auto and it just sucks. Since changing to 3-shot bursts I'm learning a new appreciation for cover and creep strategy.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 08:57 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, without any spoilers, I think I know what you're talking about. It's kind of messed up.

I just find it annoying that the only way you can get an instant kill while hunting is to lure in predators and hit them with the shotgun at point blank range. They're damage sponges but unlike cultists, they don't have a designated headshot hit box. So it's really hard to get instant kills. I hate chasing stuff more than a few yards and if I hit a whitetail through and through in the chest, it shouldn't be running a half mile with holes in both lungs.
I won't say I was always getting one shot one kill but, I feel like they weren't that uncommon. Of course I tended to use the .50 cal in case I ran into a charging bear or other large and angry animal, so maybe that has something to do with it. I would think a clean shot with a .308 would be just as effective but, maybe not in this game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:52 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I won't say I was always getting one shot one kill but, I feel like they weren't that uncommon. Of course I tended to use the .50 cal in case I ran into a charging bear or other large and angry animal, so maybe that has something to do with it. I would think a clean shot with a .308 would be just as effective but, maybe not in this game.
Nope.

A .50 will one-shot a deer or pronghorn and sometimes a moose but you have to hit a bison in the eyeball to get one (nobody shoots a bison in the eyeball).

And why are you using a rifle for a charging bear? That's what a sawed off shotgun is for. :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhader 10:06 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Nope.

A .50 will one-shot a deer or pronghorn and sometimes a moose but you have to hit a bison in the eyeball to get one (nobody shoots a bison in the eyeball).

And why are you using a rifle for a charging bear? That's what a sawed off shotgun is for. :-)
A little bit of my real life biases carrying over; shotguns are for bird hunting. All other hunting and self defense is rifle and handgun. I will use a shotgun in certain battle situations in game play but, not often because they take too damned long to reload. I prefer being able to slam a mag in and keep on killing. Thatís also why I tend to shy away from sniper rifles in load outs where I am limited to two firearms. In FC5 I think Iím up to a four weapon load out, so I keep the .50 handy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:48 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
A little bit of my real life biases carrying over; shotguns are for bird hunting. All other hunting and self defense is rifle and handgun. I will use a shotgun in certain battle situations in game play but, not often because they take too damned long to reload. I prefer being able to slam a mag in and keep on killing. Thatís also why I tend to shy away from sniper rifles in load outs where I am limited to two firearms. In FC5 I think Iím up to a four weapon load out, so I keep the .50 handy.
Oh for absolutely sure.

Which is why I brought it up - the shotguns in this game are ridiculous. They're really only effective for close range fighting. I haven't even tried slugs because shotguns are practically a melee weapon.

In real life, I'd always use a handgun for protection when hunting. But they absolutely suck for that in the game. They're really only good as short range, single shot sniping weapons.

By the way, I use the double barrel and sawed off shotguns. Yeah you have to reload every 2 shots but in a pinch, it only takes one shot to protect yourself because they have a higher damage stat and the plus is that it takes only a second to reload 2 shells vs. the full freaking minute it takes to reload the pump action.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 07:48 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Oh for absolutely sure.

Which is why I brought it up - the shotguns in this game are ridiculous. They're really only effective for close range fighting. I haven't even tried slugs because shotguns are practically a melee weapon.

In real life, I'd always use a handgun for protection when hunting. But they absolutely suck for that in the game. They're really only good as short range, single shot sniping weapons.

By the way, I use the double barrel and sawed off shotguns. Yeah you have to reload every 2 shots but in a pinch, it only takes one shot to protect yourself because they have a higher damage stat and the plus is that it takes only a second to reload 2 shells vs. the full freaking minute it takes to reload the pump action.
It would probably benefit me to start using a shotgun more often but, I just have a hard time giving up my pistols. That is more real life bleed over as I love all firearms but, I'm a pistol guy first and foremost. It is also some what of a practical move because some of those in a pinch moments end up being more than one or two attackers and I can just keep slamming mags home until I'm in a position to re-ready my primary weapon.

And besides, the "Flying Tiger" 1911 with a silencer makes my nether regions tingle just a bit -




But that is what is great about games today is that we have some flexibility to play them the way we want, no matter the practicality or silliness of our reasons.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 09:11 PM 03-11-2021
Only you...

https://youtu.be/3FygIKsnkCw
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:20 AM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
It would probably benefit me to start using a shotgun more often but, I just have a hard time giving up my pistols. That is more real life bleed over as I love all firearms but, I'm a pistol guy first and foremost. It is also some what of a practical move because some of those in a pinch moments end up being more than one or two attackers and I can just keep slamming mags home until I'm in a position to re-ready my primary weapon.

And besides, the "Flying Tiger" 1911 with a silencer makes my nether regions tingle just a bit -




But that is what is great about games today is that we have some flexibility to play them the way we want, no matter the practicality or silliness of our reasons.
I'm not sure how you take on more than two attackers at close range with a pistol. They absolutely suck both in terms of damage and accuracy in that situation. Pistols are really only "good" in this game at 25m when you can line up a clean head shot.

The main reason I don't use pistols is because they just don't have any stopping power. I wanna pull out the .45 and plug a couple of guys to get them off my back. Usually, I just end up getting the crap beat out of me because even 4 shots won't drop them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:22 AM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Only you...

https://youtu.be/3FygIKsnkCw
I've basically come to hate that song now. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:23 AM 03-12-2021
Also, a pistol is suicide against a charging black bear or cougar in this game. A sawed off is the only way to consistently drop them before they drop you.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 12:43 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Only you...

https://youtu.be/3FygIKsnkCw
:-)
[Reply]
Raiderhader 12:50 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm not sure how you take on more than two attackers at close range with a pistol. They absolutely suck both in terms of damage and accuracy in that situation. Pistols are really only "good" in this game at 25m when you can line up a clean head shot.

The main reason I don't use pistols is because they just don't have any stopping power. I wanna pull out the .45 and plug a couple of guys to get them off my back. Usually, I just end up getting the crap beat out of me because even 4 shots won't drop them.
:-) I manage more often than I donít.


Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Also, a pistol is suicide against a charging black bear or cougar in this game. A sawed off is the only way to consistently drop them before they drop you.
Well, yeah. If Iím down to my pistol against a bear there is a lot less shooting and a lot more running taking place. Killing bears seldom has anything to do with an actual mission, so Iím ok with that strategy.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up