ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 15
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>Falcon and The Winter Soldier trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:40 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:09 AM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ah yes, another kids movie that adults will convince themselves to watch.
What's wrong with that?
[Reply]
-King- 12:46 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ah yes, another kids movie that adults will convince themselves to watch.
Kids TV SHOW*
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:51 PM 03-12-2021
After Wandavision didn't exactly stick the landing (IMO), seeing the mild first impressions for this isn't a great sign. The "first impressions" embargo lifted today. For anyone who doesn't know, these contain usually the most hyperbolic positive takes known to man even if the movie is a dumpster fire. Also, getting a nice helping of this:

Pace is generally slower, breathes like a TV drama. #WinterSoldier's burden and story of remorse seems greater at first, but #TheFalcon's struggle—being treated like a superstar black athlete admired on the field when making plays, but not off it in the real world—feels very real

— The Voice Of Reason™ 📽🎞📺 (@YrOnlyHope) March 12, 2021

[Reply]
Bowser 02:56 PM 03-12-2021
Oh boy.

After the supernatural world of WandaVision, the cloak and dagger stuff is definitely going to hit a lower gear to start. I still maintain Captain America: The Winter Soldier is as good as any movie in the MCU (including Infinity War and Endgame), so I'm ready to give it some room to prove itself.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:00 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Oh boy.

After the supernatural world of WandaVision, the cloak and dagger stuff is definitely going to hit a lower gear to start. I still maintain Captain America: The Winter Soldier is as good as any movie in the MCU (including Infinity War and Endgame), so I'm ready to give it some room to prove itself.
CA:WS is in the top tier of Marvel movies because all the Russo Bros movies happen to be their best.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:03 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
CA:WS is in the top tier of Marvel movies because all the Russo Bros movies happen to be their best.
That's fair (and accurate).

Just saying I like the intrigue side as much as the cosmic side. I just really hope they don't turn it into something it was never meant to be.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:07 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That's fair (and accurate).

Just saying I like the intrigue side as much as the cosmic side. I just really hope they don't turn it into something it was never meant to be.
Take my opinion obviously with a grain of salt. I am a grump who wants to see new IPs and ideas explored if they cannot continue to improve on a formula (especially one that has been milked to the extent that the MCU is now being milked for).
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:40 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
CA:WS is in the top tier of Marvel movies because all the Russo Bros movies happen to be their best.
I've watched all 23 MCU films in order several times, then recently went back and watched the individual character films in order (Iron Man 1, 2 & 3, Captain America 1,2 & 3 and so on).

It's pretty crazy watching as a trilogy or duology or in the order of the Avengers films because it's clearly evident that the Russo's were head and shoulders above the films done by Joss Whedon in particular, although Thor 1 & 2 are pretty weak as well.

That said, as of today, Thor 3 is my favorite MCU film. Taika just kills it with the humor and action for me.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:57 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've watched all 23 MCU films in order several times, then recently went back and watched the individual character films in order (Iron Man 1, 2 & 3, Captain America 1,2 & 3 and so on).

It's pretty crazy watching as a trilogy or duology or in the order of the Avengers films because it's clearly evident that the Russo's were head and shoulders above the films done by Joss Whedon in particular, although Thor 1 & 2 are pretty weak as well.

That said, as of today, Thor 3 is my favorite MCU film. Taika just kills it with the humor and action for me.
Spot on Dane. Taika absolutely killed it. Ragnorok is one of my favorites too, as is GotG. I am also impressed how much Jon Favreau nailed the first Iron Man. It holds up remarkably compared to many other films (especially from phase 1, holy cow was that a mediocre bunch of films) and really set a blueprint for what a Marvel movie is.

Edit: Now I'm sad because of how much better Terrance Howard would have been than Don Cheadle (no offense to Mr. Cheadle, he's just one of the few subpar castings in the bunch).
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:06 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Spot on Dane. Taika absolutely killed it. Ragnorok is one of my favorites too, as is GotG. I am also impressed how much Jon Favreau nailed the first Iron Man. It holds up remarkably compared to many other films (especially from phase 1, holy cow was that a mediocre bunch of films) and really set a blueprint for what a Marvel movie is.

Edit: Now I'm sad because of how much better Terrance Howard would have been than Don Cheadle (no offense to Mr. Cheadle, he's just one of the few subpar castings in the bunch).
I touched upon this in the Mandalorian thread but Terrance Howard basically killed his film career by demanding too much money for Iron Man 2.

Had he just kept his mouth shut, he would have appeared in nearly a dozen MCU movies and had his own upcoming Disney+ series.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:13 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I touched upon this in the Mandalorian thread but Terrance Howard basically killed his film career by demanding too much money for Iron Man 2.

Had he just kept his mouth shut, he would have appeared in nearly a dozen MCU movies and had his own upcoming Disney+ series.
Wasn't aware of the backstory to that. Disappointing because he and RDJ had great chemistry.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Wasn't aware of the backstory to that. Disappointing because he and RDJ had great chemistry.
Yeah, it really is disappointing because I preferred Terrance Howard in the role to Don Cheadle, not that there's anything wrong with Cheadle's performance.

Ed Norton was the other dope that messed up his MCU career. He wanted "creative input" on his Hulk appearances in the MCU so they fired him and went with Ruffalo instead.

As much as I initially liked Norton's performance, Ruffalo is the better Hulk in my opinion because he has so much range.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:09 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, it really is disappointing because I preferred Terrance Howard in the role to Don Cheadle, not that there's anything wrong with Cheadle's performance.

Ed Norton was the other dope that messed up his MCU career. He wanted "creative input" on his Hulk appearances in the MCU so they fired him and went with Ruffalo instead.

As much as I initially liked Norton's performance, Ruffalo is the better Hulk in my opinion because he has so much range.
Agreed. I used to be a much bigger fan of Norton, but he's kind of a prick I've heard and he just doesn't have the range to be funny (Death to Smoochy seems to be more the exception than rule for him).
.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:47 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Agreed. I used to be a much bigger fan of Norton, but he's kind of a prick I've heard and he just doesn't have the range to be funny (Death to Smoochy seems to be more the exception than rule for him).
.
He just fancies himself an artist.

Nothing wrong with it. But he won’t ever be in a blockbuster. Unless he has creative content tell front to back.

I respect it, but if I’m being honest, others do it better.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:55 AM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
CA:WS is in the top tier of Marvel movies because all the Russo Bros movies happen to be their best.
Love the Russos (Arrested Development and Community). Love Waititi as well (Shadows). They certainly know comedy well.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 15
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up