ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>'Godzilla vs. Kong' Likely the Latest Tentpole to Go to a Streamer
Tribal Warfare 11:19 PM 11-25-2020

Exclusive: 'Godzilla vs. Kong' likely the latest tentpole to go to a streamer https://t.co/oqlxUlCYTf pic.twitter.com/so3kC2C48m

— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) November 26, 2020

[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:25 AM 02-02-2021
Not to be picky....and I'm not well versed in the Kong/Godzilla backstories.

But wasn't Kong and these "monsters" ancient beings?

Just don't understand Kong's growth spurt.

All this time from Ancient times to the 60's Kong was a particular size, but then he grew 10x his size in the last 50-60yrs?

I know they're trying to make it work and just go with it so they can make the movie etc. But am I missing something here?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:18 AM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Not to be picky....and I'm not well versed in the Kong/Godzilla backstories.

But wasn't Kong and these "monsters" ancient beings?

Just don't understand Kong's growth spurt.

All this time from Ancient times to the 60's Kong was a particular size, but then he grew 10x his size in the last 50-60yrs?

I know they're trying to make it work and just go with it so they can make the movie etc. But am I missing something here?
I think your overthinking this.

Just sit back and enjoy monsters fighting.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:56 AM 02-02-2021
What are the odds that 90% of the movie consists of boring scenes of humans talking about the monsters?
[Reply]
Fish 11:56 AM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Not to be picky....and I'm not well versed in the Kong/Godzilla backstories.

But wasn't Kong and these "monsters" ancient beings?

Just don't understand Kong's growth spurt.

All this time from Ancient times to the 60's Kong was a particular size, but then he grew 10x his size in the last 50-60yrs?

I know they're trying to make it work and just go with it so they can make the movie etc. But am I missing something here?
Most of it is probably as simple as needing to match Godzilla's size. Godzilla got much larger over the years. More than Kong.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:08 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
What are the odds that 90% of the movie consists of boring scenes of humans talking about the monsters?
I just hope the entire movie isn't in a dark overcast setting, like the last one was. (Godzilla movie I mean)
[Reply]
eDave 06:46 PM 03-11-2021

[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:10 PM 03-18-2021
Funko version of possible baddie.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mennonite 03-19-2021, 03:14 PM
This message has been deleted by Mennonite.
Deberg_1990 08:41 AM 03-25-2021
Regal cinemas opening back up in April. And sounds like WB will stop the HBOMAX day and date releases after this year. Things are pointing up.
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:36 PM 03-25-2021
My wife is dying to go out to the movies again... This is being released the day the local movie theater is going to reopen... Oh OK... you twisted my arm :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:03 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Regal cinemas opening back up in April. And sounds like WB will stop the HBOMAX day and date releases after this year. Things are pointing up.
The arrow may be pointing up but if HBO Max doesn't offer their theatrical films within 45 days of release or less, they're going to lose millions upon millions of subscribers.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:15 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The arrow may be pointing up but if HBO Max doesn't offer their theatrical films within 45 days of release or less, they're going to lose millions upon millions of subscribers.
Agree. They are missing a killer must see show exclusive to HBOMax.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:09 PM 03-31-2021
I wanted to see this in theaters but I've had a killer migraine for days now. I paid for HBOmax an hour ago and after I eat I'll be watching it.

I still plan to go see it on the big screen as long as it isn't terrible (relative to a Monster movie fan perspective.)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:42 PM 03-31-2021
Great Movie, really captures the spirit of the old ones from growing up.
[Reply]
Mennonite 02:44 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Great Movie, really captures the spirit of the old ones from growing up.
Interesting. What is the ratio of monster fight scenes to boring humans scenes?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:52 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Interesting. What is the ratio of monster fight scenes to boring humans scenes?
Full of action. I grew up loving these movies and this MIGHT be my favorite one ever.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up