ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
The Marty Lounge>Steven Nelson calls out Chiefs and Bob Sutton
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:49 AM 04-17-2019

Former Chiefs CB Steven Nelson, now with Steelers, says he felt 'shaded' by Chiefs fans, KC's predictable scheme puts players in tough spot. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League." https://t.co/NpGrWm2QBX

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) April 17, 2019


"I kind of felt like I was shaded," Nelson said about his time there. "I just felt like it was a slap in the face. A lot of people didn't really know what was going on there. A lot of players took the heat."

"You're a target to other teams, referees, fans. It's just not a good thing," Nelson said. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League. These offenses are smart. If you switch it up like these other offenses are doing, you can make plays."
[Reply]
Pablo 07:39 PM 04-17-2019
When we drafted Steven and I just saw the name scroll across the ticker I was certain he was a white DB. Never watched him play in college, Oregon State Pac abortion ball and all.

Through the years he's proven to cover like one.

I hope when he gets to hell Bob Sutton is setting up a nice defense for him to start in.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:15 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
He's just jelly because Rabble saves all his good lovin' for me.
Love you too, boo!


[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:16 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Dude, if you're really referring to the person whom I think you're referring to in this thread, go **** yourself.
:-)

Superturtle don't mean any harm.

He's just CPing.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:21 PM 04-17-2019
He's right about Sutton but that doesn't excuse his poor player either. We'll see what happens going forward.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:36 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by jspchief:
I'm not gonna trash players for hating on Sutton. He's saying the same shit I've always said about him. And while I never was fond of Nelson, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some of our past defensive players have success on other teams or under different coaching.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Good point. I'm sure Nelson is going to magically turn into a lockdown Pro Bowl CB now that he isn't in Sutton's defensive scheme.

Hell I am surprised Marcus Peters didnt have 10+ INTs and turn into a tackling machine because of him being in a new scheme last season.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:59 AM 04-18-2019
Another player that PFF says was great on a defense that was terrible.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:38 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Good point. I'm sure Nelson is going to magically turn into a lockdown Pro Bowl CB now that he isn't in Sutton's defensive scheme.

Hell I am surprised Marcus Peters didnt have 10+ INTs and turn into a tackling machine because of him being in a new scheme last season.
:-)
:-)
[Reply]
farmerchief 04:59 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
He's right about Sutton but that doesn't excuse his poor player either. We'll see what happens going forward.
Yep, I agree! Sutton didnt put his players in the best position for success, but, then again, it does help to turn your head occasionally within coverage.
[Reply]
jspchief 05:52 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Good point. I'm sure Nelson is going to magically turn into a lockdown Pro Bowl CB now that he isn't in Sutton's defensive scheme.

Hell I am surprised Marcus Peters didnt have 10+ INTs and turn into a tackling machine because of him being in a new scheme last season.
Yeah, I'm claiming hes going to become a pro bowler. You're a smart one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:31 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by jspchief:
Yeah, I'm claiming hes going to become a pro bowler. You're a smart one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
So, why do you assume that he can understand your sarcasm?

Like, I get it, but I'm also very sarcastic.

You shouldn't assume everyone understands sarcasm on a message board.

We need a "sarcasm font"...
[Reply]
jspchief 10:58 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
So, why do you assume that he can understand your sarcasm?



Like, I get it, but I'm also very sarcastic.



You shouldn't assume everyone understands sarcasm on a message board.



We need a "sarcasm font"...
There wasn't any sarcasm in my initial post. I simply said I wouldn't be surprised to see some players succeed on other teams. Some drooling idiot understood that to be a claim that Nelson was going to turn into a pro bowl caliber player.

We need a font for people with the reading comprehension of a 4 year old.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:07 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by jspchief:
There wasn't any sarcasm in my initial post. I simply said I wouldn't be surprised to see some players succeed on other teams. Some drooling idiot understood that to be a claim that Nelson was going to turn into a pro bowl caliber player.

We need a font for people with the reading comprehension of a 4 year old.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Stop being so sensitive I was only joking around. Needless to say Nelson is who he is. He isn't that good, no scheme can fix that.
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 11:35 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Another player that PFF says was great on a defense that was terrible.
Is it Nelsonís fault Suttonís gameplan fit on the back of a Readerís Digest??
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:28 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Another player that PFF says was great on a defense that was terrible.
Yep, another lacking metric that does NOTHING for weighing or defining a unit as a whole.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:00 PM 04-18-2019
Entire season comes down to defense this go around. When you have a solid defense you can travel. When you don't you get beaten by good teams.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up