ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 18
< 12 345612 > Last »
The Marty Lounge>Steven Nelson calls out Chiefs and Bob Sutton
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:49 AM 04-17-2019

Former Chiefs CB Steven Nelson, now with Steelers, says he felt 'shaded' by Chiefs fans, KC's predictable scheme puts players in tough spot. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League." https://t.co/NpGrWm2QBX

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) April 17, 2019


"I kind of felt like I was shaded," Nelson said about his time there. "I just felt like it was a slap in the face. A lot of people didn't really know what was going on there. A lot of players took the heat."

"You're a target to other teams, referees, fans. It's just not a good thing," Nelson said. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League. These offenses are smart. If you switch it up like these other offenses are doing, you can make plays."
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:15 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This.

Had a convo about Mayfield the other day and I think it fits here too. At what point does a “chip on your shoulder” just reek of insecurity?

You can tell this dude reads ALL the comments on his social media posts.
I'll never understand why people harass their own team's players on social media when they screw up. Do you want your team's players to hate your fans? Do you want to sow division and discord among the players you expect to close ranks every week and battle together? Do you think some fat middle-aged turd telling a professional football player they are garbage is going to accomplish anything?

Nelson sucked here, obviously, but why do fans attempt to get in their own players' faces and tear them down?

This is like when rioters show their frustration with police or city hall or whomever by burning down their own neighborhoods.
[Reply]
eDave 09:15 AM 04-17-2019
Just pissed he won't be on the team winning the Superbowl this season.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:17 AM 04-17-2019
Did Peters ever trash this franchise on the way out?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:18 AM 04-17-2019
Meh. I don't care that he's gone. But if it adds fuel to the fire that Sutton was an incompetent boob, great. Even our veterans looked like :-) walking into certain slaughter. Hopefully he's right and some of our players are much better than what they were allowed to show under Sutton.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:18 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
I'll never understand why people harass their own team's players on social media when they screw up. Do you want your team's players to hate your fans? Do you want to sow division and discord among the players you expect to close ranks every week and battle together? Do you think some fat middle-aged turd telling a professional football player they are garbage is going to accomplish anything?

Nelson sucked here, obviously, but why do fans attempt to get in their own players' faces and tear them down?

This is like when rioters show their frustration with police or city hall or whomever by burning down their own neighborhoods.
They’re losers, but this is not in any way exclusive to Chiefs fans.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:24 AM 04-17-2019
Did this piece of shit man up and take responsibility for his very 'meh' career thus far?
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:27 AM 04-17-2019
CHUT UP STEVE!
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:33 AM 04-17-2019
We all knew that Sutton was awful and refused to adapt. This just confirms it, and a lot of fans did target him, whether it was justified or not. But I'm pretty sure if you played in the Chiefs' secondary, you were targeted by fans bc you all played like fucking garbage as a group. Fucking garbage is putting it nicely, too.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:34 AM 04-17-2019
He's 100% right. He's also 100% an asshole. You got paid way more than you deserve. Shut your mouf, and move on, douche.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:35 AM 04-17-2019
Steven Nelson should have learned to turn the other cheek.
[Reply]
eDave 09:40 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Steven Nelson should have learned to turn the other cheek.
Pretty good.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 09:44 AM 04-17-2019
Steven Nelson is a flaming dumpster fire of fail.

The fact he feels "shaded" by Chiefs fans is hilarious considering in pretty much any other city he would have been mercifully booed even worse for his shitty play and getting constantly called for pass interference/holding.
[Reply]
Detoxing 09:44 AM 04-17-2019
DJ already covered everything i had to say. Nelson has always had a shitty, blameless attitude.

Players will sometimes take jabs at their former team to pass blame for why it did't work out. This guy was always going to do this. As expected.
[Reply]
sedated 09:44 AM 04-17-2019
Maybe he's right and maybe he's wrong. Fans never know what's going on in the locker room.

I'm sure everyone will jump on him for "trashing" the fans/franchise, but saying players become a target for fan hatred because they are put in position to fail isn't exactly wrong. Fans are dumb lunatic assholes. Go look at any player's twitter feed and imagine dealing with that much vitriol directed at you for trying to do your job.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 09:48 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
Maybe he's right and maybe he's wrong. Fans never know what's going on in the locker room.

I'm sure everyone will jump on him for "trashing" the fans/franchise, but saying players become a target for fan hatred because they are put in position to fail isn't exactly wrong. Fans are dumb lunatic assholes. Go look at any player's twitter feed and imagine dealing with that much vitriol directed at you for trying to do your job.
That comes with the territory of being a millionaire professional athlete in the 21st century. If Nelson doesn't want the scrutiny he can go get a job at CVS.

Also if Nelson thought that KC fans were tough, he hasn't seen anything yet.

Wait until he sees how Steelers Nation reacts when he blows games with his garbage play, his momentum killing penalties, etc.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 18
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up