ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 734 of 3903
« First < 234634684724730731732733734 73573673773874478483412341734 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:32 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Although I have empathy for Americans that live paycheck-to-paycheck every American is recommended to have 6th months worth of rent saved before they move out. Or at the very least a month or twos rent. If they don't that it is their own fault and they should take ownership of it.

That being said you are exaggerating. Can't see a way to provide for his family? Lol... There's unemployment and now a stimulus package to help Americans out who lose their job due to the CoronaVirus. **** out of here with that can't provide for his family bs.

I could see if this was like 4th or 5th month of people not working but that isn't the case and you know it.

You remember the other day you got bitchy at me for asking you questions, because I was behind the curve. Due to a buddy of mine killing himself.

Well he killed himself because he sank his entire life savings into starting a business. Around $750,000 or so, he was still getting it off the ground, when everything started happening.

So you need to shut the fuck up about “exaggerating” bullshit, because what DJ said is a very real thing. Just because you live a sheltered life and make it obvious that you have very little real world experience. Doesn’t mean people out there aren’t killing themselves, or will do it. So it’s obviously the case and you don’t know it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03-25-2020, 10:32 AM
This message has been deleted by DJ's left nut.
Mecca 10:33 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
You remember the other day you got bitchy at me for asking you questions, because I was behind the curve. Due to a buddy of mine killing himself.

Well he killed himself because he sank his entire life savings into starting a business. Around $750,000 or so, he was still getting it off the ground, when everything started happening.

So you need to shut the fuck up about “exaggerating” bullshit, because what DJ said is a very real thing. Just because you live a sheltered life and make it obvious that you have very little real world experience. Doesn’t mean people out there aren’t killing themselves, or will do it. So it’s obviously the case and you don’t know it.
I feel there are many people out there that feel like they are losing everything at the moment, I'm sure that isn't any fun.
[Reply]
Donger 10:35 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
NY has 192 deaths today so far. ugh
No, 14.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:39 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Dude.

I don't think that's close to right. I think they're at 192 TOTAL. I believe they reported 14 overnight.

If your source is different, please advise.

If you crossed that up - man, that is the shit you have to be REALLY careful about. Earlier in the thread the guy said a 5 year old was listed as critical when he meant she had simply tested positive.

Really vetting your sources is a big deal right now. I'll remain open to correction here, but I'm not seeing your info anywhere at all.

sorry that is the total. I misunderstood and will change my post
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:39 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I feel there are many people out there that feel like they are losing everything at the moment, I'm sure that isn't any fun.
I've seen social media posts of two restaurants that have shut down less than a week after they both started offering carryout only services.

Demolition Man was right. In the future every restaurant is Taco Bell.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:41 AM 03-25-2020

that really fucking sucks mac. sorry to hear about it
[Reply]
Mecca 10:41 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I've seen social media posts of two restaurants that have shut down less than a week after they both started offering carryout only services.

I know Abuehlo's that is in the north land is closing for good and it's the only one in the city, most of their locations are in Texas.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:41 AM 03-25-2020
REVEALED: Boy, 17, who became first US minor to die of coronavirus may have been killed by septic shock complication - as his Uber driver father now battles the disease in California where death toll hits 51

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ticle-masthead
[Reply]
Bwana 10:44 AM 03-25-2020

So you need to shut the **** up about “exaggerating” bullshit, because what DJ said is a very real thing. Just because you live a sheltered life and make it obvious that you have very little real world experience. Doesn’t mean people out there aren’t killing themselves, or will do it. So it’s obviously the case and you don’t know it.
Sorry dude, I had something similar happen with a buddy last summer, it really sucks.
[Reply]
kcxiv 10:49 AM 03-25-2020

that cocksucker is acting like alot of people have fucking choices to save up that kind of money before they move, that some sheltered bullshit talk there! lol

Anyways, sorry about your buddy man! That sucks! condolences :-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:56 AM 03-25-2020
We had a few announce as well
[Reply]
Bob Dole 11:02 AM 03-25-2020

We've been carry-out only in town for a week now. So far, the only thing permanently closed is Ruby Tuesday. This community is pretty good about supporting local, so I hope all the mom and pop places can make it through this.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:13 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Weird to think that in these studies for Hydroxychlorquine, there's going to be a bunch of people given a placebo for scientific purposes.
That's the way all clinical trials work.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:20 AM 03-25-2020

Well shit that is just awful. What in the world kind of business was he in that could go so hopelessly south in that short amount of time?
[Reply]
wazu 11:22 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That's the way all clinical trials work.
I get that. Just unsettling to think that in the name of science there has to be a significant number of people who believe they are being treated with the potentially life saving drug, but aren't. A pretty high stakes spin of the roulette wheel.
[Reply]
Page 734 of 3903
« First < 234634684724730731732733734 73573673773874478483412341734 > Last »
Up