ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 60
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Insiders: Andy and Mahomes upset/mad
Hammock Parties 09:01 AM 11-11-2019
Just heard Fescoe talking about someone close to Andy that told him Andy was extremely distraught by this loss and knows he personally screwed up. This isn't just another loss. This affected Andy deeply.

I think we might see some changes going forward, especially in attention to late game situations.

The other thing I heard this morning from my source is that Mahomes was angry after the game yesterday. So angry that he was almost on the verge of tears. Going forward you might see more fire from Mahomes in leading this team and getting on others when shit goes south. Like Marino/Aikman type leadership.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 09:25 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I wouldn't say the scripted screen play on 3rd and 2 is a good example of letting Pat be himself. He is a natural playmaker. Scripting stuff in a crucial situation is not the best approach with him. Let him make a play. Backyard football is his biggest strength and the screen call completely took this away from him in a critical situation.
The 3rd and 2 screen to Bell wasn't scripted. They ran several variations of those types of screen all game. If Reiter doesn't miss his assignment on that play its a big gain.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:49 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Regardless, it's time to stop mentioning this Chiefs team and SB. Not happening this year, far too much fail. Key injuries is just one of them, and I'm not really all that sure it's the main one.
If they go out and roll the Chargers and Raiders (more likely than not), you'll be right back on the bandwagon.

Think about it. This is the same offense as last year, plus a good rookie WR and McCoy. A more experienced Mahomes.

Not sure how anyone could determine that the defense is as bad or worse than last year's. Last year, every stop felt like a miracle. Usually it was the result of an offensive miscue. This defense can get some stops. And the pass defense is far, far better.

This is a better all around team than last year's when intact.
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:53 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yes, when that video came out and it 100% contradicted what he had told the team and Clark 3 separate times, he was done.

It seems like some of you have never had people work for you before. Most of the time an attempted cover up is worse than the initial transgression.
Bullcrap. He got fired as soon as the video came out. If it had never surfaced, he'd be on this team and have a ring now along w/Pat and the rest.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:54 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Won't matter if we are playing 3 road games or miss the dance. This team has a rough schedule all year and it's not getting any easier.
Not getting any easier? WTF?

Three division home games? Vs teams that Reid never loses to even when they're good? A weak Bears team? A division game in Mexico City?

Vs playing Houston, Baltimore, Indy, @ Detroit, Packers and Vikings?

Yes....it is most definitely getting easier.
[Reply]
TEX 11:02 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
If they go out and roll the Chargers and Raiders (more likely than not), you'll be right back on the bandwagon.

Think about it. This is the same offense as last year, plus a good rookie WR and McCoy. A more experienced Mahomes.

Not sure how anyone could determine that the defense is as bad or worse than last year's. Last year, every stop felt like a miracle. Usually it was the result of an offensive miscue. This defense can get some stops. And the pass defense is far, far better.

This is a better all around team than last year's when intact.
Doubt it. I was never on the band wagon this season. Always had a wait & see approach. Then Indy happened, followed by Houston and after this latest debacle, there are no doubts that this Chiefs team, this season, is a fringe playoff team at best. One & done IF they make it. The SB is a pipe dream.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:06 AM 11-13-2019
Every damn team has warts TEX. Are you really that frightened of a Texans team we roll if the officials don't get involved and an average ass Colts team...or a Ravens team that has a suped up RB for a QB?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:07 AM 11-13-2019
This team hasn't been beaten by more than a score in ages. Can beat anyone once they get in...
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:09 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Even when healthy this team is soft. From the soft ass finesse OL that gets their shit pushed in year after year to the soft ass DL and linebackers who have seemingly been awful against the run for Reid's entire tenure, this team gets punched in the mouth by more physical teams and can't respond.
So we didn’t respond when NE punched us in the mouth during the AFCCG? How about when the Faders came out punching us in the mouth this season. Still didn’t respond huh? Kinda curious what kind of response you want from them if that’s not it??
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:10 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
This team hasn't been beaten by more than a score in ages. Can beat anyone once they get in...
And they can also lose to anyone too. And they will, because Andy will go full Reidtard.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:11 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Doubt it. I was never on the band wagon this season. Always had a wait & see approach. Then Indy happened, followed by Houston and after this latest debacle, there are no doubts that this Chiefs team, this season, is a fringe playoff team at best. One & done IF they make it. The SB is a pipe dream.
They can beat anyone at any time. They truly can. The team at half capacity went out there and took down one of the 4 best teams in the NFC.

But they can lose to anybody as well and in a variety of ways. And in the process they've ensured that they'll now have to win 4 post-season games for a champsionship.

I just cannot see this team keeping their focus against 4 high-quality opponents.

They're sloppy, unfocused and undisciplined. And that can't be changed on the fly - that's an organizational approach that's either instilled in the off-season or it just doesn't get there.

This team isn't suddenly going to become a focused and consistent football team. They'll probably make the playoffs because the West is ass. Then they'll probably fist the team they play in the WC round.

And then they'll have one of those "Because Chiefs" games in the Divisional round or the AFCCG. They aren't going to track true enough for long enough to get through - the underlying discipline just isn't there.
[Reply]
TEX 11:18 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Every damn team has warts TEX. Are you really that frightened of a Texans team we roll if the officials don't get involved and an average ass Colts team...or a Ravens team that has a suped up RB for a QB?
Sure every team does, but the Chiefs have more than warts. My feelings have nothing to do with other teams, and they have everything to do with what is wrong with the Chiefs.

Great QB
Great WR
Great TE
Good Kicker
Poor OL
Poor RB's
Poor DL
SHIT TERRIBLE LB's. Worst in the NFL
Poor CB's
Avg, Safeties at best
Poor ST
Coaching???

That's very sub par in 6 parts of the team. You can't win anything of significance with that much fail. Just my opinion.
[Reply]
TEX 11:22 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They can beat anyone at any time. They truly can. The team at half capacity went out there and took down one of the 4 best teams in the NFC.

But they can lose to anybody as well and in a variety of ways. And in the process they've ensured that they'll now have to win 4 post-season games for a champsionship.

I just cannot see this team keeping their focus against 4 high-quality opponents.

They're sloppy, unfocused and undisciplined. And that can't be changed on the fly - that's an organizational approach that's either instilled in the off-season or it just doesn't get there.

This team isn't suddenly going to become a focused and consistent football team. They'll probably make the playoffs because the West is ass. Then they'll probably fist the team they play in the WC round.

And then they'll have one of those "Because Chiefs" games in the Divisional round or the AFCCG. They aren't going to track true enough for long enough to get through - the underlying discipline just isn't there.
Maybe you're right. I just see a 10-6 ceiling and whatever comes along with that. We'll see.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:23 AM 11-13-2019
I don't agree with you across the board there.

They don't have a 'poor' OL - they have very good Ts when healthy. They do have a poor interior line, but on balance I think you can say they have an average OL when compared to the rest of the league.

They don't have a poor DL in terms of talent. They have a pretty talented line overall - they're just not performing to that level.

They don't have poor CBs - at all. They're getting some of the best play in the NFL out of their CBs right now.

I don't think this is a raw talent issue for one second. I'd stack this roster against anyone's. But the lack of focus is undercutting all of that.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:50 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
My initial reaction to the game was "overconfidence" on everyone's part. Coaches ... players ... fans ... everybody.

That's what it "felt" like and, upon reflection, I think that was the underlying problem. We expected the Tacks to fold under our greatness and they knifed us in the carotid artery instead.

To me, the hallmark of an undisciplined team is their innate ability to lose games they're supposed to win. That's why I'm not particularly surprised we took a step back last weekend.

As usual ... penalties, turnovers, and amateurish mistakes in critical moments are the keys to losses.

FAX
And whose fault is all that, Mr. FAX?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:52 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
And I assure you as scared and pathetic as our defense was of Henry that would have been no problem.:-)
There were only 23 seconds left when they scored...one more play, if we would have forced just one more play, and tackle in bounds, they lose.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 60
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Up