ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 60
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Insiders: Andy and Mahomes upset/mad
Hammock Parties 09:01 AM 11-11-2019
Just heard Fescoe talking about someone close to Andy that told him Andy was extremely distraught by this loss and knows he personally screwed up. This isn't just another loss. This affected Andy deeply.

I think we might see some changes going forward, especially in attention to late game situations.

The other thing I heard this morning from my source is that Mahomes was angry after the game yesterday. So angry that he was almost on the verge of tears. Going forward you might see more fire from Mahomes in leading this team and getting on others when shit goes south. Like Marino/Aikman type leadership.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:00 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Ditto, I’m not giving up on this season at all
Amen, still too much football to be played.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:02 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
We lost the game by *3* points due to a 'comedy' of errors and ridiculousness. The loss absolutely ****ing sucked and was unacceptable. No one is disagreeing with that.

But while the loss may have been painful, it's not like we were dramatically outplayed and didn't belong on the same field as the mighty Titans. We just made a trillion and a half dumb errors. Had we gotten the last FG, gone into OT, won the toss, and seen Mahomes hit Hill on a deep pattern on the first play and won, would this team have in aggregate performed dramatically different on the day? Nope. Yet the entire vibe on this board and doomsday attitude would be markedly different.

That game sucked. But this team doesn't suck at all. We can still beat anyone just on the strength of our offense, and if our defense can find some level of consistency, I like our chances in the playoffs.
Yup, we beat ourselves in this one.
[Reply]
Spott 08:10 AM 11-12-2019
We lost the game by *3* points due to a 'comedy' of errors and ridiculousness. The loss absolutely fucking sucked and was unacceptable. No one is disagreeing with that.

But while the loss may have been painful, it's not like we were dramatically outplayed and didn't belong on the same field as the mighty Titans. We just made a trillion and a half dumb errors. Had we gotten the last FG, gone into OT, won the toss, and seen Mahomes hit Hill on a deep pattern on the first play and won, would this team have in aggregate performed dramatically different on the day? Nope. Yet the entire vibe on this board and doomsday attitude would be markedly different.

That game sucked. But this team doesn't suck at all. We can still beat anyone just on the strength of our offense, and if our defense can find some level of consistency, I like our chances in the playoffs.
It wasn’t just one game. It’s been 50 years of these types of games for this franchise. We all know how this is going to end, and it’s definitely not going to involve seeing Andy Reid holding up any trophies.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:27 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Spott:
It wasn’t just one game. It’s been 50 years of these types of games for this franchise. We all know how this is going to end, and it’s definitely not going to involve seeing Andy Reid holding up any trophies.
It's the regular season, dude. Chill out.

Vikings fans could be crying the same tears about the week prior.

Lions fans are certainly crying the same tears about the game earlier in the season.

Sometimes we win these games and other times we lose them. Same as always. The existence of these losses doesn't necessarily spell the end of our season just because we haven't won a Super Bowl in a generation.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying this was a good loss. It was a horrific, Because-Chiefs performance. But it's not like we were outplayed and didn't belong on the field as we've seen in prior pre-Mahomesian seasons.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:33 AM 11-12-2019
The Royals went to back to back WS in a league with no cap.

Spare me the “we all know how this is going to end” crap.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:33 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
The original lie to the Chiefs.

That nucleus was SB bound...you could feel it. You know as well as I do that Hunt would have gotten those two yards.

Feels like they are trying recapture ever since.
He was out of control. If he didn't lie to the Chiefs, there would have been another inevitable incident. Who kicks a drunk women on the ground?
[Reply]
stevieray 08:35 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He was out of control. If he didn't lie to the Chiefs, there would have been another inevitable incident. Who kicks a drunk women on the ground?
You don't know that and he didn't kick her, he pushed her with his foot.

still stupid, no doubt.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:46 AM 11-12-2019
It's the regular season, dude. Chill out.

Vikings fans could be crying the same tears about the week prior.

Lions fans are certainly crying the same tears about the game earlier in the season.

Sometimes we win these games and other times we lose them. Same as always. The existence of these losses doesn't necessarily spell the end of our season just because we haven't won a Super Bowl in a generation.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying this was a good loss. It was a horrific, Because-Chiefs performance. But it's not like we were outplayed and didn't belong on the field as we've seen in prior pre-Mahomesian seasons.
I mainly agree with this sentiment, but I'm getting a little tired of Andy's playing for FGs and punting in the 4th quarter. We should have run on 3rd and 2, then gone for it on 4th on short had we not gotten it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:48 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
You don't know that and he didn't kick her, he pushed her with his foot.

still stupid, no doubt.
No one can ever say that this wouldn't have happened again or would. But, we have empirical data that says otherwise.

I use to work with battered women, to help protect them from out of control men. I've known men who get in fights in bars, put their hands on women. It never stops until there is real consequences. Those men I knew were just joe blow's. not a coddled athlete who has got away with stuff all his life because he's good at sports. There is an anger within that they must deal with before moving on to a normal life.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:09 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
Ironically, we had two critical fumbles when we RAN the ball this year that led to losses.
"RUN THE BALL!" is the NFL version of bunting.

It's a low percentage, inefficient play that people call for because for 50 years that's just what you did because nobody realized any better.

People always just assume it's going to be executed and everything will be wine and roses from there while forgetting that the odds of failure are only marginally lower than a swinging away and the rewards are significantly lower.

Yes, it occasionally has it's place, but far less often than people ever consider and nobody ever remembers the times it failed miserably.

This team isn't good at running the football. It's runningbacks have failed miserably in a dozen different situations and Andy Reid is possibly the best in league HISTORY at screen design. Our interior line is in tatters and everything in the world suggested that they'd look to clog the middle and stuff a running play. What has given anyone the impression that Reiter and 2 backups were just going to push the pile at that point?

Meanwhile the middle screen takes that squishy interior line and turns it into a strength if they crash down and leave space behind them.

The play didn't work - it happens. But the assumption that some inside handoff was going to obviously work is asinine, just as the belief that a screen - something that the Chiefs do better than anyone in the league - was doomed to failure.

There are a lot of things to bitch about from that game but the 3rd down play is just the epitome of Monday morning quarterbacking. Given this teams strengths/weaknesses as well as the risk/reward, that was a wholly defensible decision.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:10 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No one can ever say that this wouldn't have happened again or would. But, we have empirical data that says otherwise.

I use to work with battered women, to help protect them from out of control men. I've known men who get in fights in bars, put their hands on women. It never stops until there is real consequences. Those men I knew were just joe blow's. not a coddled athlete who has got away with stuff all his life because he's good at sports. There is an anger within that they must deal with before moving on to a normal life.
With the Tyreek Hill stuff that happened, there is simply no way the Chiefs would have held up to the media attacks had Hunt still be on the team. In that respect, we're lucky we did what we did. Doesn't matter if Hunt is a bad guy or not.
[Reply]
Spott 09:31 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The Royals went to back to back WS in a league with no cap.

Spare me the “we all know how this is going to end” crap.
Everyone knows in their gut how it’s going to end, but not everyone wants to admit it.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:49 AM 11-12-2019
Everyone knows in their gut how it’s going to end, but not everyone wants to admit it.
Unless you think it's fixed, and that the league will never, ever allow KC to win a SB, I have no idea what you're talking about. It's just childish nonsense.

We've never had a QB that was even close to this level. That's the most important piece to winning a SB. History has nothing to do with it. Unless you believe in curses.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:01 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Spags may be better than Sutton
I don't think he is. Reid hired him because they're buddies. Not because he's the best person for the job.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:03 AM 11-12-2019
I think you, pugs, and I need a safe space where we won't be rabbleroused and HammockPartied into epic depression.
:-)
:-)
[Reply]
Page 39 of 60
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up