ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 57
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

htismaqe 06:42 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I gave the mods a detailed plan for me and Myslod to be mods in DC. No one can be banned, disciplined etc. without the others approval. Equal treatment. Both Left and Right have to agree or no discipline is handed out. The endgame was to decrease the name calling and vitriol in DC and focus on the issues.

Never heard a word from the mods or AustinChief. Followed up several times. Not even a response. Thats a bad idea. Nothing. It was a missed chance that could have possibly changed the path that led to the extreme rancor and personal insults that are a fact of life in DC these days.
No offense but I'm not surprised. Generally, volunteering to be a mod doesn't work. I'd focus on your plan first, get them to buy in, and then suggest candidates for moderator.
Abba-Dabba 06:46 AM 10-09-2020
Not down with censorship but the manner of discourse has to change.
GloryDayz 06:47 AM 10-09-2020
Then there's this guy in the DC...

ChiefsCountry 07:02 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I come in peace but I honestly haven't noticed any politic stuff in all the games I've watched and I've watched nearly all available to me. Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention or I've got a higher tolerance but It's been perfectly fine IMO. Its the political ads at commercial that are the worst.
NFL has ran a commercial sponsored by the NFL about cops killing black men. Saw it multiple times last night.
htismaqe 07:05 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
NFL has ran a commercial sponsored by the NFL about cops killing black men. Saw it multiple times last night.
Because of the weird schedule, I haven't watched any Sunday football for a while. It's all been streaming ESPN or NFLN. And on those streams, a lot of the commercials are replaced by a splash screen.
Baby Lee 07:06 AM 10-09-2020
Has anyone mentioned [recently?] that calling this a sports forum is a bit off mark, as we fancy [fancied? who the fuck knows anymore. . . ] ourselves more as a watering hole with a sports theme. Talk about what you find interesting. Ignore what you don't.
htismaqe 07:10 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Has anyone mentioned [recntly?] that calling this a sports forum is a bit off mark, as we fancy [fancied? who the fuck knows anymore. . . ] ourselves more as a watering hole with a sports theme. Talk about what you find interesting. Ignore what you don't.
patteu has, but more in a "pining for the good old days" sort of way.
Frazod 07:12 AM 10-09-2020
I gave the mods a detailed plan for me and Myslod to be mods in DC. No one can be banned, disciplined etc. without the others approval. Equal treatment. Both Left and Right have to agree or no discipline is handed out. The endgame was to decrease the name calling and vitriol in DC and focus on the issues.

Never heard a word from the mods or AustinChief. Followed up several times. Not even a response. Thats a bad idea. Nothing. It was a missed chance that could have possibly changed the path that led to the extreme rancor and personal insults that are a fact of life in DC these days.
You're just desperate to be in charge of something around here, aren't you? :-)
stevieray 07:27 AM 10-09-2020
It was a missed chance that could have possibly changed the path that led to the extreme rancor and personal insults that are a fact of life in DC these days.
Dougie, please stop pretending that personal insults are only relegated to the DC forum.
Baby Lee 07:28 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
patteu has, but more in a "pining for the good old days" sort of way.
Stands to reason, one of the smartest guys here.

[mostly because of how often he agrees with me]

[[really, it's uncanny how many times (over many years, of course) I read a thread mentally formulating my counter-arguments, and at the end of the thread, ol' patty has my arguments already outlined in his own response.]]
htismaqe 07:54 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Stands to reason, one of the smartest guys here.

[mostly because of how often he agrees with me]

[[really, it's uncanny how many times (over many years, of course) I read a thread mentally formulating my counter-arguments, and at the end of the thread, ol' patty has my arguments already outlined in his own response.]]
And one of the most vocal about not needing a DC forum to this day, 16 years later.

It is what it is at this point. There's no way it could be undone now. So it's kind of moot.
Bwana 07:56 AM 10-09-2020
After sleeping on it, I would probably be more inclined to focus on the people who come into the Lounge and carp all over the place with DC stuff, than DC itself for now. Once again without digging deep into it, I would say that probably only involves 20 people, or less, likely closer to 10.
stevieray 08:09 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
After sleeping on it, I would probably be more inclined to focus on the people who come into the Lounge and carp all over the place with DC stuff, than DC itself for now. Once again without digging deep into it, I would say that probably only involves 20 people, or less, likely closer to 10.
It's not that hard to do....

...like not having the police involved in your life.

:-)
Baby Lee 08:10 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And one of the most vocal about not needing a DC forum to this day, 16 years later.

It is what it is at this point. There's no way it could be undone now. So it's kind of moot.
Don't think I don't agree, I've just given up . . .

And actually, the string of the ghetto was salved a bit when we got a BUNCH of subforums, instead of just the one. DC is 'niche' not pariah. :-)

Actually, the problem is different in nature, not extent, now.

Back then it was spamming, with jAZ and Clearvision and BushLiedPeopleDied popping up with an entire front page of threads every day. Content got pushed down the list out of sheer volume.
FloridaMan88 08:12 AM 10-09-2020
Mods should be more focused on the thread with fake news/baseless speculation that Mahomes is seriously injured.

Shut that shit down.
Page 49 of 57
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Up