ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 57
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

htismaqe 09:53 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
It was a minority of people as evidenced by the series of polls that all failed.
And it got bad enough that the polls eventually succeeded.

People here (and everywhere) tend to push the envelope until somebody makes them stop.
dirk digler 09:53 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
That mass exodus wouldn’t happen today, because the people it would upset offer no value to the board as a whole.

There’s over 10k members here and the decision to keep DC is being driven by *maybe* 40 people.

You’ve been around a long time - longer than me - how does this board suffer if DC is eliminated and politics is banned from discussion?
I used to post in DC and on very rare occasions I might drop in so I think it has some value.

What I longed believed in though is those non-Chief fans that don't participate in the Lounge should be perma-banned or make DC read only for them. Doesn't matter what side of the political aisle they are on, they are here to troll and provide zero value.

I think you would see a change in tone\vitriol once that happens IMHO.

Just my .02 cents.
OnTheWarpath15 09:55 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I used to post in DC and on very rare occasions I might drop in so I think it has some value.

What I longed believed in though is those non-Chief fans that don't participate in the Lounge should be perma-banned or make DC read only for them. Doesn't matter what side of the political aisle they are on, they are here to troll and provide zero value.

Just my .02 cents.
I agree, except the problem isn’t necessarily non-Chiefs fans. Wanna post in DC? You’re stuck there.

It’s a football board. Decide why you’re here and stick with it.
Bwana 09:56 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Has there ever been a thread started/posted and "stickey-d" by a mod that ends up in the RR or DC?

I am thinking this thing showing up on top of the Lounge is giving a few heart burn.
Keep politics out of the lounge................

Not that I know of, but after 20 years, it's possible. I think we are giving this thread a little more slack to get things out there, pertaining to politics. I mean if someone keeps going on a political rant, we can just boot them from the thread.

There was a guy last week that couldn't control himself and kept posting political stuff in the Lounge. We ended up getting multiple reports about it and he got booted out of some threads. I was ready to drop him into the romper room when he did it again, but he stopped.
WhiteWhale 09:57 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

Just my .02 cents.
Agreed. It would cut down on the shitposters in DC, but wouldn't do much for the lounge issue.
WhiteWhale 09:59 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Not that I know of, but after 20 years, it's possible. I think we are giving this thread a little more slack to get things out there, pertaining to politics. I mean if someone keeps going on a political rant, we can just boot them from the thread.

There was a guy last week that couldn't control himself and kept posting political stuff in the Lounge. We ended up getting multiple reports about it and he got booted out of some threads. I was ready to drop him into the romper room when he did it again, but he stopped.
That's only because you blackmailed me with those embarrassing college photos.

I was young. It was a different time!
Bwana 10:00 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
That's only because you blackmailed me with those embarrassing college photos.

I was young. It was a different time!

:-)
WhiteWhale 10:00 PM 10-08-2020
I agree, except the problem isn’t necessarily non-Chiefs fans. Wanna post in DC? You’re stuck there.

It’s a football board. Decide why you’re here and stick with it.
This is a terrible solution.

Why punish people who follow the rules as well?
patteeu 10:00 PM 10-08-2020
If the trash would stay there, it wouldn’t be an issue now would it?

I don’t go there. The garbage leaks through the bag.
If it breaks you, report it to the moderators and maybe they’ll help. It seems extreme to ban an entire sub forum that you don’t even visit. Also, you might want to avoid politicized NFL games.
Raiderhater 10:01 PM 10-08-2020
Ironically the only reason I started posting there was because I got a bit tired of people telling me to kill myself over things like my belief that Brandon flowers was better than Terrence copper.

I actually found DC LESS hostile than the main forum back when KC was bad... or when every thread turned into an arguement about alex smith.

Hell, last year I bailed because this forum had a huge chris jones hate squad insisting he was THE problem with the defense.

Its annoying to argue with a dozen people all barfing out that kind of dumbassary
This is something that seriously needs to be pointed out. While vitriol of DC has had a big carry over impact on the main forum, the main forum is far from innocent. I found myself through life being life spending less time here than I did back in the day (I was a top 15 poster from a post count perspective). I attempted to make a serious effort several years back to become more active again. Now, in all fairness, the Pioli years and the Indy playoff loss (the last one, where we had a 3 TD lead in the 3rd qauarter) took a serious toll on me. However, any time I attempted to come back after that I couldn’t run into a NFT where people on the opposite sides of the Alex Smith debate didn’t start going at each other and ultimately turning a non-chiefs related topic into an Alex Smith debate.

I just got done posting about how the separate political forum has contributed to the animosity on this board but, it does a disservice to the board to not acknowledge that the animosity has come from more than just the political side. It’s time you Lounge snobs acknowledged your own part in this mess.
OnTheWarpath15 10:03 PM 10-08-2020
This is a terrible solution.

Why punish people who follow the rules as well?
Funny how people bitch about the NFL being politicized, but are perfectly content having a space to spread their hate and conspiracies on a football message board...
Buehler445 10:03 PM 10-08-2020
Yeah. That Smith shit was bad. But IIRC the mods stepped in on that and did some banning for Smith derailing.
patteeu 10:06 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And it got bad enough that the polls eventually succeeded.

People here (and everywhere) tend to push the envelope until somebody makes them stop.
I told that part of the story already. But in no way was CP conceived as a forum that segregates politics from football and other topics.
WhiteWhale 10:06 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
This is something that seriously needs to be pointed out. While vitriol of DC has had a big carry over impact on the main forum, the main forum is far from innocent. I found myself through life being life spending less time here than I did back in the day (I was a top 15 poster from a post count perspective). I attempted to make a serious effort several years back to become more active again. Now, in all fairness, the Pioli years and the Indy playoff loss (the last one, where we had a 3 TD lead in the 3rd qauarter) took a serious toll on me. However, any time I attempted to come back after that I couldn’t run into a NFT where people on the opposite sides of the Alex Smith debate didn’t start going at each other and ultimately turning a non-chiefs related topic into an Alex Smith debate.

I just got done posting about how the separate political forum has contributed to the animosity on this board but, it does a disservice to the board to not acknowledge that the animosity has come from more than just the political side. It’s time you Lounge snobs acknowledged your own part in this mess.
Oops. Sorry for the thumbs down. I couldn't undo it.
WhiteWhale 10:07 PM 10-08-2020
Funny how people bitch about the NFL being politicized, but are perfectly content having a space to spread their hate and conspiracies on a football message board...
You know, your real motivation here is starting to show through.
Page 43 of 57
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up