ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 35
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens.
Direckshun 12:34 AM 12-03-2018
The Ravens are a uniquely weird team in Week 14 of the NFL season.

They're weird because their QB position is a great unknown.

Joe Flacco is, of course, the world's most underwhelming Super Bowl MVP, and has sucked this year. We know who he is, we have millions of hours of underwhelming tape to depressingly watch. And he returned to practice this week, but did not play, Eric Berry style.

But that might change. He may see the field.

Which is interesting, because their backup QB, Lamar Jackson, a 1st round selection by the Ravens (albeit with the 32nd pick), is a very weird player. He runs, and runs, and runs with the ball. His completion percentage is a not-terrible 60%. And he's only played three weeks, so tape on him is slim.

We know this: he is fast, he is not afraid to run the ball, and he's a damn gazelle when he does.

The good news: we can probably spy him. His weapons are bleak. Alex Collins is his #1 RB, and he's averaging 3.6 yards a carry. His #1 receiver is John Brown, who initially looked like Tyreek Hill when he first hit the league, but has since statistically slowed down and is now just a good receiver with very difficult speed to account for. Michael Crabtree is their #2 alongside Willie Snead, and Tyreek Hill has more yardage than both of those guys combined, but Crabtree has had good games against us in the past.

As a result, the Ravens are still somehow 13th in the league in yardage, they are averaging 25 points a game.

The Ravens have good pass protection, as they've only given up like 25 sacks or something like that. Ronnie Stanley is their LT.

But really, the Ravens offense wins by trying to run the ball, passing decently, and then letting Lamar Jackson get creative.

As far as the defense is concerned.................. biggest test of the year right here folks.

#1 rated defense in yardage (they're allowing under 300 yards/game).
#1 rated defense in points (they're allowing 17 points/game).

I think it's safe to say we're going to beat those averages but they should still slow us down pretty significantly. I don't know if Patty will have another 4 TD game here.

The Ravens get good pressure on the QB -- they're 9th in the league in sacks, and the pressure comes from everywhere. Suggs has always played well against us but he only has 5.5 this year. They blitz a good amount.

Simply put, the Ravens pass defense will be the biggest challenge Mahomes faces all year. They're allowing under 200 yards passing all season. Eric Weddle is a goddamn general at the back of their defense, and they've got a solid corner or two despite the fact that none of their corners are true ballhawks. Brandon Carr will make a rare appearance against the Chiefs, which is whatever, but he's apparently playing well.

The Ravens have a mean defensive line, and maybe the meanest NT in the league in Brandon Williams. I'm willing to bet they drop everyone in coverage, smother Kelce, and dare Spencer Ware to beat their DL. That's a very tall order, and I don't think our run game is up to the challenge. Mahomes will need to tap every ounce of his MVP talent to get yardage.

In special teams, they have arguably the greatest kicker in modern NFL history in Justin Tucker. They've had one punt return for a TD.

They're 7-5. They're on a three game win streak. Lamar Jackson has started all three games.

Their wins: Bills, Broncos, @Steelers, @Titans, Bengals (no Dalton), Raiders, @Falcons
Losses: @Bengals (Dalton), @Browns, Saints, @Panthers, Steelers

That schedule is all over the place. They beat Pitt in Pitt, but pathetically lose to the Browns. The most damning game on the schedule is the Saints game, where they only lost by a point.

How is this team so good? I've asked before. They have no elite talent on offense and are still racking up yardage and point. They have a damn good defense but don't intercept the ball and they don't have any sack masters like the Chiefs do.

What is going on?
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:01 AM 12-06-2018
Ravens last three opponents are 11-24.

I have no doubt the Chiefs will lose contain and give up a bunch of rushing yards but they'll get enough sacks and turnovers to kill enough drives to win by 2+ scores.
[Reply]
mikezpen 05:17 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by :
I'm serious. I could easily see a scenario where Lamar makes an early mistake or two, the Ravens go down 14-0 and he gets pulled for Flacco.
That's the disaster scenario I fear for the Ravens, your going up quick like that.In such a case, the crowd gets into it, you have all the momentum,and you could roll up a big score.

But what if we go up 7-0? Oftentimes, the Ravens D gives up a score on the opponent's first possession as they try to find what works.But even if you score, you're only tied, and we have the ball right back.Momentum isn't established, and we have a chance to re-gain the initiative.

That's why we need to start well in this one, not fall behind. We shouldn't defer if we win the coin flip. Keep the ball and come out throwing; hell, I'd go deep on the very first play.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:08 AM 12-06-2018
Ravens fans gonna find out about Showtime and the Patomic Bomb Squad! Looks like we might have Watkins back this week, if so.... gonna be impossible to cover everyone as the rest of the teams we’ve played have found out! Ravens have issues with TE’s and we have the best one in the league. At our house in front of a fired up crowd?!!? Could get ugly quick, this isn’t the Falcons they’re playing this week, we’re a better coached team with better skill set players. Chiefs roll!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:34 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
It'll be good for KC to face a team with a very good defense, but punchless offense that likely can't keep up. I want to see how KC handles a team that tries to take away Kelce and Hill now that Hunt is gone. Lets see the other guys step up and carry the team if need be.
I'm pretty sure that's what they were doing against the faid. How else do you explain the number of targets Stone hands Harris got?
[Reply]
Jaydee414 06:49 AM 12-06-2018
Greetings.
Ravens season tix holder since inception, and BALTIMORE COLTS tix holder before that.

Couple of thoughts from the banks of the Chesapeake:

Ravens have been notoriously weak vs TE’s. Expect Kelce to have a huge day. CJ Mosely and our other ILB’s are NOT good in coverage.

Ravens S are slow. Yes, Weddle is an excellent Field General, but neither he nor Jefferson can cover Arthur Bryant, let alone the KC receivers. Chuck Clark is a better cover S, but very raw.

Spencer Ware scares no one. The Ravens DL should be able to minimize his impact. Hunt would have had a field day bouncing outside.

I have been at Arrowhead for a game. I have been nowhere else as loud as your place when you guys are rocking it. Lamar may well have issues communicating with the crowd noise.

IMO, the best chance the Ravens have for a W is to hog the ball, run up the TOP, and hope to put pressure on Mahomes. Otherwise, this could be real ugly. I see you guys winning 31- 17
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:12 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Jaydee414:
Greetings.
Ravens season tix holder since inception, and BALTIMORE COLTS tix holder before that.

Ravens have been notoriously weak vs TE’s. Expect Kelce to have a huge day. CJ Mosely and our other ILB’s are NOT good in coverage.

Ravens S are slow. Yes, Weddle is an excellent Field General, but neither he nor Jefferson can cover Arthur Bryant, let alone the KC receivers. Chuck Clark is a better cover S, but very raw.

Spencer Ware scares no one. The Ravens DL should be able to minimize his impact. Hunt would have had a field day bouncing outside.

I have been at Arrowhead for a game. I have been nowhere else as loud as your place when you guys are rocking it. Lamar may well have issues communicating with the crowd noise.

IMO, the best chance the Ravens have for a W is to hog the ball, run up the TOP, and hope to put pressure on Mahomes. Otherwise, this could be real ugly. I see you guys winning 31- 17
Teams have been trying to hog the ball all year against us. It would work if we were a run first offense, but we're not. The Chiefs have the capability to score in a flash so unless you can get match us score for score in a shootout, you're not going to have a good day.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:14 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Half the league has the top defense and a Vick-wannabe QB?
Half the league scares our fans. Every week is a trap game.

We could be playing the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, Colts, Titans, Texans, Jaguars, Seahawks, Broncos, Chargers, Rams, Packers, Bears, Vikings, Panthers, Saints, Cowboys, or Eagles and you'd be saying the same shit.
[Reply]
TEX 07:19 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by mikezpen:
That's the disaster scenario I fear for the Ravens, your going up quick like that.In such a case, the crowd gets into it, you have all the momentum,and you could roll up a big score.

But what if we go up 7-0? Oftentimes, the Ravens D gives up a score on the opponent's first possession as they try to find what works.But even if you score, you're only tied, and we have the ball right back.Momentum isn't established, and we have a chance to re-gain the initiative.

That's why we need to start well in this one, not fall behind. We shouldn't defer if we win the coin flip. Keep the ball and come out throwing; hell, I'd go deep on the very first play.
If you score first, then maybe it takes KC a bit longer to get up by a few scores. But then by the 4th you'll likely be trailing 30 - 14, just like the Denver was.:-)
[Reply]
TEX 07:26 AM 12-06-2018
Greetings.

Spencer Ware is not supposed to scare anyone. However, he can and will make a few plays, especially if you dont expect it, and most certainly if everything else is clicking on offense.

You guys play dirty at times on defense, and KC and Mahomes know it. He'll be ready for the pressure.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:55 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
KC needs 21 to win IMO. No one scares a defense on that team outside of Jackson’s ability to run, and the KC defense has proven to be different at home.
We are averaging giving up 17.6 at home. 49ers put up 27 and that's the most all year. We'll score more than 27. we got this .
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:16 AM 12-06-2018

Mahomes and Reek against slow safeties.

Can't cover TEs.

[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:37 AM 12-06-2018
We better win this game. Lamar Jackson is a WR pkaying QB and a rookie at that.

He stinks and only runs well.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:40 AM 12-06-2018
Greetings.

Hello neighbor. I live in Annapolis nowadays.

I agree with most of what you've said, except I feel fans overlook the fact that Ware was a quality starter before he went down and Hunt became a star. He may have lost a step from the injury but he and Williams are quite capable.

Anyway, I see the score being somewhat close to your 31-17 mark
[Reply]
chinaski 08:43 AM 12-06-2018
I just checked out the Ravens forum, purplepassiondrinkers.com or something like that, and we are in their heads. Mahomes is in their head.

In their head
In their hea-yyy-ed-ed
Zombo, Zombo, Zombo bo bo bobo
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:45 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by chinaski:
I just checked out the Ravens forum, purplepassiondrinkers.com or something like that, and we are in their heads. Mahomes is in their head.

In their head
In their hea-yyy-ed-ed
Zombo, Zombo, Zombo bo bo bobo
:-)
[Reply]
Page 22 of 35
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up