ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How the Kansas City Chiefs BLEW IT Against the Chargers on the last play
Iconic 12:05 PM 12-16-2018
Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:04 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
You have to be a defensive genius to criticize on this board. Looking at video and seeing guys run wide open all game isn’t enough unless you know the technical phrase.
Wow, this defense is really shitty. They give up tons of yards and points does not = "Oh, everyone could tell they were running a green dog, but Ford didn't blitz when the running back stayed in to block."
[Reply]
Blick 02:06 PM 12-16-2018
https://youtu.be/7UGeHcYnzV4

3:00 in. Hall of Famer Rod Woodson breaks down the play. Said it looked like there was a signal to play it "in and out" and the term they used was banjo.
[Reply]
Flying High D 02:16 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
So you're upset that he kept his uniform on?
The pitcher kept his uniform on?
[Reply]
kcpasco 03:06 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Wow, this defense is really shitty. They give up tons of yards and points does not = "Oh, everyone could tell they were running a green dog, but Ford didn't blitz when the running back stayed in to block."
Go Chiefs brother. You and I have at least 1 thing in common. We both just want 1 season where this franchise doesn’t stab us in the dick.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12-16-2018, 03:41 PM
This message has been deleted by siberian khatru.
Flying High D 03:47 PM 12-16-2018
Now, you’re getting into the holiday spirit.
[Reply]
TLO 03:49 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by mac459:
I will just go ahead and admit I have no clue what “Banjo” means.

I’m going to throw it out from now on whenever there is blown coverages on any play. Nelson gets burnt deep, banjo. Nelson has a handful of jersey being drug across the end zone, banjo. Scandrick gets turned around, banjo.

It will become my new universal term for shit DB play
Nobody in this thread knows what banjo means. They just like to pretend
[Reply]
JakeF 04:23 PM 12-16-2018
That coverage didn't require any kind of elite talent. We didn't need Deon Sanders to handle that play. We needed players that were well coached and was used to communicating with each other. We needed coaches that made sure our DBs were prepped and ready to go will the various probabilities.

Our defense is coached like shit.

Fuller was considered great in Washington but now he's a moron that can handle a crossing pattern? Scandrick has been with several teams for years, he has to know how to handle the basics.

Forget Sutton for a second, our secondary coach(es) should have had Fuller and Scandrick ready for the most important play of the game. Where in the hell were Al Harris and Emmit Thomas?

My high school secondary coach kept me more informed.

:-) :-)

(1st time I've rewatched that damn play)
[Reply]
petegz28 04:43 PM 12-16-2018
Doesn't seem to matter who the players are, Sutton defenses have consistently choked away large leads in important game. Some in historical fashion. 5 years and a range of players and the results are the same.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:40 PM 12-16-2018
Scandrick. It's all on him. Period. Nothing more, nothing less. Scandrick sucks.
[Reply]
Flying High D 05:42 PM 12-16-2018
Dude, Emmit is 75 yo, have respect for your elders. He’s like 13 years older than the interstate highway system.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12-16-2018, 05:47 PM
This message has been deleted by siberian khatru.
TEX 08:39 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
You have to be a defensive genius to criticize on this board. Looking at video and seeing guys run wide open all game isn’t enough unless you know the technical phrase.
:-) No shit. Da Face will likely chime in any minute with some technical term to proive he knows more than everyone. :-)
Guess the **** what? I know what I see on defense every week. I dont need to know the technical term. I'll just say its total shit and that covers everything..
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:05 AM 12-17-2018
The Swiss cleanup crew will be here soon enough to settle this issue.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:32 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Dude, Emmit is 75 yo, have respect for your elders. He’s like 13 years older than the interstate highway system.

Time to infuse some youth into the coaching staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 01:19 AM 12-17-2018
The good of this. We got our loss to the Chargers out of the way in the regular season. They will not beat us 2 out of 3. We got this.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:25 AM 12-17-2018
One play does not a loss make. The team went into the half feeling confident that they had the Chargers down and out. As others have pointed out in other threads, no screen passes which were very effective in the first half, lots of passes short of the first down sticks. Similar to what the Eagles did to the Rams last night or the Steelers did to the Patriots, the Chargers took away the deep plays and forced the Chiefs to make long drives.

I think this team needs some new coaching on BOTH sides of the ball.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up