ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 295
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:58 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by farmerchief:
Building for now and the future. After this next season, the only RB under contract is Darwin T., well, and Clyde.
Building?

They had dog shit at the position, so drafting a RB in the first was almost a given, which is what I’ve been saying for a month.

I’m sure they’re going sign more than one UDFA running back, too.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:59 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
So his dad went to prison for 30 years for “attempted possession of 400g of cocaine”?

I didn't even know attempting to buy drugs was a crime.
I'm guessing you'll be shocked to hear that attempting to murder someone is also illegal.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:00 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Daniel Jerimiah on NFL Network said that he reminds him of Priest Holmes.

If this kid can be as good as Priest....fuck yeah.

They maybe could have traded back a little, but it does look like there will be a run on running backs in round two, so I am good with the selection.

I was thinking it was gonna be him or the Swift kid from Georgia. Seems like all of the defensive talent we were interested in was already gone.

Also, this is a good sign to me that they are confident they can resign Chris Jones. If they were not, surely they would have gone with a DT in this spot.

Also, I like the pick even more after seeing the rest of the AFC West picks in the first round....they are giving up on trying to defend us, they wanna try to outscore us, and I think that plays right into our hands.
He's patient like Priest, has soft hands like Priest. But Priest never had this kind of short area burst and agility. His feet don't move this fast. CEH's stop and go is elite.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:01 PM 04-23-2020
Him and D Will are gonna be a lethal 1-2 punch. D Will will obviously be in on third down plays as he’s the better blocker but I do see them splitting time
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:01 PM 04-23-2020
Veach loves this kid

Brett Veach is not afraid to say he thinks Clyde Edwards-Helaire can be a Pro Bowler.

"It's hard to pass up those guys for the sake of extra picks. We think this guy can be great," Veach said.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) April 24, 2020

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:02 PM 04-23-2020

Brett Veach said he views Clyde Edwards-Helaire as an every down RB because of the offense the Chiefs run. Veach isn't concerned about Edwards' 5-foot-7, 200-plus pound frame.

— Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) April 24, 2020

[Reply]
RunKC 11:03 PM 04-23-2020
Burttt Veach!

Brett Veach told Andy Reid to watch some Clyde Edwards-Helaire film and told Reid you’ll see Brian Westbrook. Reid watched. Then got back to Veach and said he’s better than Westbrook.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) April 24, 2020

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:03 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Some good, some not so good

Good
Perfect fit for our offense and Andy Reid
Great hands ... Great
Very good route runner
Powerful legs
Think Darren Sproles

Not so good
Swift was still there
Defenders that fit needs were still there
A RB in the 1st round
Not a polished traditional runner
Not a polished blocker

overall
Great at doing what Andy will ask him to do even though taking a RB in the 1st round usually isn't a good idea. #32 is almost the 2nd round though. The main issue is teaching him how to pass block. He is short but very stout so he should be able to.

This isn't the luxury pick that the t.v. guys keep saying. We have legitimate needs on defense. Fills the main need we had on offense.

My head is still sort of reeling.
This is pretty much just a bad take.

:-) at thinking Swift is a better RB. Have you watched Swift? I mean actually watched him, not just his highlights. I dont know how you can come away thinking he'll be a better pro.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:03 PM 04-23-2020
Has Veach missed on one of his love affair picks?

Wasn’t he instrumental in a few of the Eagles stars too? Obviously, Mahomes and Hardman too.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:04 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He's patient like Priest, has soft hands like Priest. But Priest never had this kind of short area burst and agility. His feet don't move this fast. CEH's stop and go is elite.
Thank you !!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:04 PM 04-23-2020
As a fan...I wanted KC to nab a stud RB at #32. I didn't think they would do it but next season will be entertaining..

This guy is perfect for Reid's offense....
[Reply]
Warrick 11:04 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Totally stoked
Congrats on your RB in the first round. A lot of competition back there now, should make an interesting development.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:04 PM 04-23-2020

[Reply]
JakeF 11:05 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This is pretty much just a bad take.

:-) at thinking Swift is a better RB. Have you watched Swift? I mean actually watched him, not just his highlights. I dont know how you can come away thinking he'll be a better pro.
Not his entire career but yes, I've seen him play. More than I've seen CEH.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:05 PM 04-23-2020
Now, this virus needs to GTFO so we can repeat!
[Reply]
Page 11 of 295
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up