ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1008 of 3903
« First < 850890895899810041005100610071008 100910101011101210181058110815082008 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:19 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

So it was more they died with covid 19 than because of it
Theirin lies the issue with reporting and reporting something to advance a narrative or reportage by journalists with no medical background. Pathologists must go near insane when they read some of these "conclusions" and pure speculation in the media.

Pathologists would be able to confirm the subject is dead.

But if the subject had a history of substantial health issues that were ongoing and passed on while they had Covid 19 it would be near impossible to isolate Covid as the cause of lets say renal failure if the subject had prior history of Kidney issues.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:39 PM 04-01-2020
My unemployment officially started and I am hoping that it's short lived. Looking promising right now.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04-01-2020, 09:44 PM
This message has been deleted by WhawhaWhat.
oaklandhater 09:47 PM 04-01-2020
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...from-u-s-ports

Coast Guard Tells Cruise Ships With COVID-19 Cases To Stay Away From U.S. Ports

Who the hell is still taking Cruises at this point ?
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:49 PM 04-01-2020
Filled out my census.

Despite my reservations about the government selling my information to spammers
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:49 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...from-u-s-ports

Coast Guard Tells Cruise Ships With COVID-19 Cases To Stay Away From U.S. Ports

Who the hell is still taking Cruises at this point ?

I don't get the coast guard stance. It's not as if they're trying to keep the virus out. It's everywhere. Do the right thing and help the people aboard the ships.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:50 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Filled out my census.

(Checks my data portal.)

Nothing yet.
[Reply]
AustinChief 09:56 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Telling us what "he said" without an actual link to prove it?

Convenient.
I read the same thing. He wasn't saying that ONLY hospice patients died but that since Italy counts anyone who dies with Covid-19 as being someone who dies FROM Covid-19 and because the vast majority were older people with multiple comorbidities... the actual numbers are greatly exaggerated. he said it's hard to know but he believes a good number of those who died in the 80+ age range were not long for this world regardless.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 09:57 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I don't get the coast guard stance. It's not as if they're trying to keep the virus out. It's everywhere. Do the right thing and help the people aboard the ships.
taking a cruise during a pandemic was reckless in the 1st place.

One of the women here in oakland said she was on chemotherapy and needed off her cruise to get her treatments.

Taking a cruise while you have cancer during a pandemic is equivalent to suicide
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:07 PM 04-01-2020
111 are American citizens that are asymptomatic. 56 from Florida. They should be allowed off the ship immediately. Since when do we deny American citizens back into America? Are we that scared? Take a look around. The cats out of the bag, it’s everywhere.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:15 PM 04-01-2020
March 1st - 1 total death
March 15 - 110 total deaths
April 1st - 5,100 total deaths

The trend is not great over the last few weeks, especially the last 7 days. Two days in a row over 900 deaths each day. If this is our new "norm" for awhile, it's gonna be ugly to watch this play out.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:15 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Filled out my census.

I had to stop at the very first question. I don't know where the hell my paperwork is with my census ID.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:24 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Theirin lies the issue with reporting and reporting something to advance a narrative or reportage by journalists with no medical background. Pathologists must go near insane when they read some of these "conclusions" and pure speculation in the media.

Pathologists would be able to confirm the subject is dead.

But if the subject had a history of substantial health issues that were ongoing and passed on while they had Covid 19 it would be near impossible to isolate Covid as the cause of lets say renal failure if the subject had prior history of Kidney issues.
This is not an easy conclusion at all. If someone has a history of CKD, contracts Covid-19, develops secondary pneumonia, sepsis, renal failure and dies, what is the cause of death?

If they are placed on Hydroxychloroquine, develop torsade de pointes and die, what is the cause of death?

If they develop myocarditis, what is the cause of death?

If they become fluid overloaded, developed pulmonary edema and die, what is the cause of death?

How do you definitively prove these things?

Cause of death is a clinical impression, and death certificates have room for more than one causative factor. Otherwise, every death certificate would say cardiac arrest (you are discouraged from putting cardiac arrest as the cause of death).
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:25 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
111 are American citizens that are asymptomatic. 56 from Florida. They should be allowed off the ship immediately. Since when do we deny American citizens back into America? Are we that scared? Take a look around. The cats out of the bag, it’s everywhere.
These are extreme times so extreme measures need to be taken.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:26 PM 04-01-2020
We lack a lot of ports in Missouri. So I have no real fear. But, NY, Fla, Washington, California have a lot and I could understand people there saying wait....we dont want the sick people here, we have enough.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:27 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
March 1st - 1 total death
March 15 - 110 total deaths
April 1st - 5,100 total deaths

The trend is not great over the last few weeks, especially the last 7 days. Two days in a row over 900 deaths each day. If this is our new "norm" for awhile, it's gonna be ugly to watch this play out.
Not going to guess numbers but all those days we’ve had 15K-25K new cases is going to turn into 1,000-2,500 deaths a day. Unfortunately we’re going to have a few weeks of this.
[Reply]
Page 1008 of 3903
« First < 850890895899810041005100610071008 100910101011101210181058110815082008 > Last »
Up