ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 40
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 01:21 PM 02-13-2020
2020 Opening Day Lineup

Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:13 PM 07-22-2020
Looks like they are going to try to get some spontaneous crowd noise into the game.

Opening Day is almost here, and Major League Baseball is going to look a lot different
MLB is launching a new feature called Cheer at the Ballpark that allows fans to participate virtually from the comfort of their own homes, the league told CNN.

All they need is a phone or computer with a web browser to participate through its website, Gameday app or through a social media link, according to a report by ESPN.

Fans will be presented with three reaction icons that can be used to indicate cheering, booing or clapping. The cheering feature will pop up along with the Gameday score graphic, according to ESPN.

The feature will be limited at first, with only a few "cheerable" games available each day. MLB says that it will be available for more games as the season progresses.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:14 PM 07-22-2020
Well hello, Kim.

That was a sterling performance. One bad pitch (strike 3, out 27 was a hung slider) and everything else was nails. Saw the full repertoire - fastball in and out ranging from 90 to 94 and almost always on the black. Elevated it once for strike 3 (got it good and above the hands) and otherwise was just drilling the bottom of the zone with it; probably threw 6 or 7 of them that were half in/half out of the zone at the bottom.

Big slow curveball that he looked to range from 68 to 80, slider that was in the 84 mph range and I'd just as soon see him stop throwing if he's in relief.

That was a damn impressive outing.
[Reply]
VAChief 05:15 PM 07-22-2020
I have no illusions about this team, but damn it was fun just to watch baseball. Reminds me of the 70’s and 90’s.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:17 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:

Keep politics the fuck away from sports please. Sports is suppose to be a break from everything else, not a fucking reminder.
Your choice to be a fan.

cc: Get a clue.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:21 PM 07-22-2020

Sources: MLB and union are re-engaging on the possibility of expanded playoffs for this season. Has to be done before first pitch 25 hours from now, but there seems to be optimism. Hope was to go from 10 playoff teams to 16.

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) July 22, 2020

[Reply]
jd1020 06:31 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Don't half the teams in the NBA make the playoffs with a good portion of those teams not even being .500? Why the fuck do so many teams need to be in the playoffs?
[Reply]
Miles 06:35 PM 07-22-2020
It’s 16 of the 30 teams that make it each year and the last time someone under .500 made it was 14/15 season when the east was really shitty.

I wonder if more playoff teams makes it more interesting in a short season or just further increases randomness of it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:08 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well hello, Kim.

That was a sterling performance. One bad pitch (strike 3, out 27 was a hung slider) and everything else was nails. Saw the full repertoire - fastball in and out ranging from 90 to 94 and almost always on the black. Elevated it once for strike 3 (got it good and above the hands) and otherwise was just drilling the bottom of the zone with it; probably threw 6 or 7 of them that were half in/half out of the zone at the bottom.

Big slow curveball that he looked to range from 68 to 80, slider that was in the 84 mph range and I'd just as soon see him stop throwing if he's in relief.

That was a damn impressive outing.
Damn Kim looked fantastic. Has there been a successful non flame thrower closer in baseball in the last 20 years or so?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:39 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by Miles:
It’s 16 of the 30 teams that make it each year and the last time someone under .500 made it was 14/15 season when the east was really shitty.

I wonder if more playoff teams makes it more interesting in a short season or just further increases randomness of it.
Lord knows that the best answer to a 162 game season is MORE playoffs and MORE randomness and each regular season game meaning even less.

What a stupid fucking idea.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:58 AM 07-23-2020
Damn Kim looked fantastic. Has there been a successful non flame thrower closer in baseball in the last 20 years or so?
Trevor Hoffman managed 600 saves mainly on the back of his changeup.
[Reply]
VAChief 11:03 AM 07-23-2020
How about Koji Uehara. Short run, but effing guy was nails in 2013 topping out at around 88.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:06 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Trevor Hoffman managed 600 saves mainly on the back of his changeup.
:-) agreed. Good example.
Kim went from a 68 mph curveball to a 91 mph fastball. Thats a helluva difference.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:13 AM 07-23-2020
:-) agreed. Good example.
Kim went from a 68 mph curveball to a 91 mph fastball. Thats a helluva difference.
91?

Didnt Mariano Rivera's cutter top out around that and that's pretty much all he threw for the last 7 years of his career.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:10 PM 07-23-2020
I get this, like DJ explained earlier, a week off the roster and we keep a year of control. This is a no-brainer. It’s just business. Hope he doesn't hold a grudge.
——————————————————————-

Dean and Carlson performed well throughout “Summer Camp,” but Dean had the edge of being on the 40-man roster. As a result the Cardinals can avoid losing a year of control by keeping Carlson off the roster for as little as a week in this shortened 60-game season.

Carlson was assigned to the alternate-site camp in Springfield, Mo., where he was Class AA Texas League’s player of the year in 2019.

“Honestly, I’m disappointed,” Carlson said. “I know this is a business and it’s a decision that was out of my control. I love everyone in that clubhouse and want to see them succeed. I am confident my time will come and in the meantime, I’ll be down in Springfield doing everything in my power to stay ready.”
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:32 PM 07-23-2020
You would have to be dumb to not sit the kid for a week to gain a year of control, even he knows this.

If in a week he isn't called up then there is an issue to be pissed about.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 40
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up