ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 36
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019-2020 NHL Season Thread****
OnTheWarpath15 03:49 PM 09-24-2019
Season begins a week from tomorrow, and the defending champs just traded Joel Edmundson and a prospect for Justin Faulk.

Who's up for back-to-back Cups?

[Reply]
MMXcalibur 06:45 PM 05-26-2020
If the NHL can figure this out quickly, they can really capitalize on a sports-hungry community.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:59 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I have no become a Vancouver Cannucks fan now that I realize they have a whale as a logo. Very disappointed in Las Vegas dumb Golden Knight name. So are they going to be any good? The Cannuks?
Should be a good young team to Elias Peterson is pretty amazing.

But to be honest become a Oilers fan Mcdavid is not playing the same game as anybody else.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:17 AM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Should be a good young team to Elias Peterson is pretty amazing.

But to be honest become a Oilers fan Mcdavid is not playing the same game as anybody else.
Sidney Crosby still does shit I haven't seen since Gretzky.

That think he did in his first game back where he just undressed that poor bastard of a defenseman, passed the puck off the cage back to himself, doubled back and then fired a centering pass between 3 sticks and 4 guys to set up a tap-in was just absurd. I'll see if I can hunt it down but it was incredible.

EDIT:

Top Plays of Sidney Crosby 2019.20 (1/14 vs. Minnesota)

Crosby embarrasses a mispositioned forward (Ryan Donato) using the back of the net to create space before sending a seeing eye pass to Dom Simon #LetsGoPens #Pens #HockeyTwitter #HockeyAtHome #Podcast #NHL #Crosby pic.twitter.com/o1vJRPjye8

— Tip of the Ice-Burgh Podcast (@IceBurghPodcast) May 26, 2020

Just look at the damn hands, man, especially the ice-level view. After he dekes Donato and circles back he has that puck on a string and is just waiting for someone to over-commit before he threads it between 3 players and the goalie without any of them getting a stick or skate on it. Just awesome.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:23 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sidney Crosby still does shit I haven't seen since Gretzky.

That think he did in his first game back where he just undressed that poor bastard of a defenseman, passed the puck off the cage back to himself, doubled back and then fired a centering pass between 3 sticks and 4 guys to set up a tap-in was just absurd. I'll see if I can hunt it down but it was incredible.

EDIT:

Just look at the damn hands, man, especially the ice-level view. After he dekes Donato and circles back he has that puck on a string and is just waiting for someone to over-commit before he threads it between 3 players and the goalie without any of them getting a stick or skate on it. Just awesome.
Crosby’s game is better down low than McDavid and will translate better as he gets old, but the oh **** look d men get when McDavid turns the corner the acceleration and hands at that speed is crazy.
This goal is crazy good , to beat a pro D clean like that is hard
https://youtu.be/NK7bH2lU7_E
[Reply]
Matrix 06:33 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
If the NHL can figure this out quickly, they can really capitalize on a sports-hungry community.
They, more than any other big 4 league, need to do this. People are missing out on this game.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:38 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Matrix:
They, more than any other big 4 league, need to do this. People are missing out on this game.
Other than Football it is the only other sport i can watch on TV , it is great live too.
[Reply]
Matrix 06:41 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Other than Football it is the only other sport i can watch on TV , it is great live too.
Agreed.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:45 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Matrix:
Agreed.
This will be the first year in 43 years that i don't play hockey , which sucks .
[Reply]
DaFace 02:15 PM 06-24-2020
I love hockey shade on Twitter.

We admit, sometimes wearing a mask in public isn't the most fashionable or comfortable choice. But some people wear Leafs jerseys, so yeah. Just saying. https://t.co/5mvngDeqfr

— Ottawa Public Health (@ottawahealth) June 24, 2020

[Reply]
Otter 03:44 PM 06-24-2020
:-)
[Reply]
Gadzooks 01:10 AM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I love hockey shade on Twitter.

The Ottawa Senators franchise claims to have 11 Stanley Cup wins between 1903 and 1927. The problem is that was a different franchise.

I'm trying to think of a comparable, like Browns fans claiming a SB win when the Ravens won it the first year they left, but that doesn't quite hit what I was looking for...

At any rate, the Ottawa Senators:
- reside in a small shitty town, with no night life and is cold as a witches tit.
- have worst owner in the NHL, (Eugene Melnyk - look up the story behind his liver transplant)
- have the worst placed arena in the league
- can't sell tickets (in a Canadian market)

I get the envy, though. They're sandwiched between Toronto and Montreal.
People who grew up there had to pick between the 2, (before the new Senators franchise).
If you're French, you're a Canadians fan, English - Leafs fan. The only guy I know from Ottawa is a Canadians fan and he's French Canadian.

Winnipeg, is an innately worse market, due to the location and a low population, but it has a billionaire owner and a rabid fan base and has been successful.

The Sens won't get better until Melnyk's gone and they get a new arena.

[Reply]
Monticore 04:20 AM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
The Ottawa Senators franchise claims to have 11 Stanley Cup wins between 1903 and 1927. The problem is that was a different franchise.

I'm trying to think of a comparable, like Browns fans claiming a SB win when the Ravens won it the first year they left, but that doesn't quite hit what I was looking for...

- reside in a small shitty town, with no night life and is cold as a witches tit.
- have worst owner in the NHL, (Eugene Melnyk - look up the story behind his liver transplant)

People who grew up there had to pick between the 2, (before the new Senators franchise).
If you're French, you're a Canadians fan, English - Leafs fan. The only guy I know from Ottawa is a Canadians fan and he's French Canadian.

Winnipeg, is an innately worse market, due to the location and a low population, but it has a billionaire owner and a rabid fan base and has been successful.

I have quite a few friends in Ottawa and Melnyk is an even bigger douche than he appears ,our Radiologist has had season tickets since their new team came in and is a huge hockey but even he says he is done with them . , when the Leafs or habs are I town the arena is mostly visiting fans , he can tolerate the hab ones but the leaf ones are Patriotesque.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 02:40 AM 06-27-2020
Holy shit! The NHL just did the most NHL thing they could do in the first draw of the draft lottery. They're guaranteeing that one of the teams that loses in the "play in" round will get the #1 pick, (Alexis Lafrenière).

2020 NHL DRAFT ORDER
1. Placeholder team *
2. Los Angeles Kings
3. Ottawa Senators (from San Jose Sharks)
4. Detroit Red Wings
5. Ottawa Senators
6. Anaheim Ducks
7. New Jersey Devils
8. Buffalo Sabres

There are only 8 remaining teams that aren't eligible for 1st overall:
St. Louis
Colorado
Dallas
Vegas

Boston
Tampa Bay
Washington
Philadelphia

Detroit got screwed getting the 4th overall pick. Lots of interesting story lines could come out of this.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:03 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:

My first thought reading this was Bill Wirtz.... and sure enough, there are several articles and what not comparing the two.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:22 PM 07-22-2020
Looks like Seattle is releasing their name and branding tomorrow.

07.23.2020 - 9:00am PT

The 32nd franchise comes to life. pic.twitter.com/4J8k0UTEn3

— NHL Seattle (@NHLSeattle_) July 23, 2020

[Reply]
Page 15 of 36
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up